• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leni

Let me get this straight, because I don't think I'm reading your post correctly. Are you saying that you're going to call your nurse and bitch at him for getting you to do something that's good for you? Please help me sort his out, because it doesn't make sense to me. Is putting the tube in a bad thing for you or good for you? I'm confused.

So am I frankly. Your nurse is trying to help you and you are giving him grief. Kudos to him for putting up with you. Of course that is his job and I have to think that he likes you despite all of the trouble you cause. Your illness is really having an effect on you and your thinking. I know that you are going to dump on me but after watching all of this for a long time I have to have my say. By the way, I also have worked in medicine most of my career including hospitals and convolescent ones.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Let me get this straight, because I don't think I'm reading your post correctly. Are you saying that you're going to call your nurse and bitch at him for getting you to do something that's good for you? Please help me sort his out, because it doesn't make sense to me. Is putting the tube in a bad thing for you or good for you? I'm confused.

i despise my tube. once you have one, u may bitch @ me. great fer me to have that tube- nobody says i hafta luv that tube. i'm half-starving to death. you cannot get by on 5 dinners a week, joe. i'm ill. why you cannot get that my illness is an extensive complex issue. is an illness that i have. some have cancers; others;- diabetes, others'; glaucoma, others- autism. i happen to have anorexia.

Last edited:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
i despise my tube. once you have one, u may bitch @ me. great fer me to have that tube- nobody says i hafta luv that tube. i'm half-starving to death. you cannot get by on 5 dinners a week, joe. i'm ill. why you cannot get that my illness is an extensive complex issue. is an illness that i have. some have cancers; others;- diabetes, others'; glaucoma, others- autism. i happen to have anorexia.

Ya know, you sure bitch a lot. I simply asked if it was good or bad for you, and you try to heap this guilt trip on me about your complex issues. Personally, I think your problems are a lot more than physical.

You don't need to reply to this with one of your whiny "he's picking on me" posts, because I'm through listening to your bitching about people who want to help you, and your braggadocio about your alcohol use. Your head is up your nether region, and you really don't want anything more than pity. Good advice seems to only makes you defensive and sometimes combative. I'm just putting you on ignore and would suggest you do the same for me. Life will be easier for both of us this way, and you can just converse with your enablers.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
okay, joe. you're correct, as per usual, & i'm oblivious to my life. be arrogant as u wanna be. nobody requested your 'help' to begin with- not me, anyhow. i have doctors, nurses, friends, & family fer that.

that aside- i've begun to prep fer Christmas. think i'll sort my decorations, pick those that i'm gonna place & where, think of gifts to get for ppl, & :unsure:
give tig & bab a bath. i may visit my friend, too- have not seen her fer a few. she cannot get about, too well, so i say 'hi' & we watch games & chit-chat here & there.
auto-correct has begun to push many a button these daze.

fleamailman

by now the goblin was almost grateful that he was on most poster's ignore list, admitting that he had read those posts too, but it was not like breaking the news gently to one's spouse or one's children that they would have to be brave now, and that one would be waiting for them, smiling somewhat "...so what am I doing, I'm remembering that there are many less fortunate than myself, plus I'm trying to make out what is true value here, so could be what seneca said after all, that misfortune is the chance to show character, but no, instead I'm just showing them that I love them still by sharing in their happiness..."

tumblr_inline_nbbdl6YgjV1ryp51b.jpg

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Three couples are going on a wine trip to Elk county, PA. We've done it numerous times and our primary destination is always Benezette Wines owned by Doug and Sylvia Ruffo, dear friends of Cheryl and I. We're looking forward to it because Doug and Syl did some improvements and covered the wineries back patio and sports new outdoor heaters. The elk are done bugling but they're still wandering around, rarely do we go and not see elk in the wineries back yard. If you ever get the chance, stop in and tell Doug and Syl I sent you. You won't meet nicer people and you'll more than likely get a discount on your purchase.

Bear season too ............

Attachments

• 10696322_704916076223657_7859389222437249730_n.jpg
    10696322_704916076223657_7859389222437249730_n.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 10590669_704915976223667_2658598953479320944_n.jpg
    10590669_704915976223667_2658598953479320944_n.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 52

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Apartment cleaning day..........:sad:

thanx! when'll u be by to clean, here~ my laminate flooring needs an actual Lysol/h2o-in-a-bucket cleaning as opposed to scrubbing an obvious spill or wiping surface, & my kitty-litter may need a scooping. there would be many, many cleaning items both beneath my kitchen sink, & several by my 1 kitchen 'lil table, & in that furthermost-right cabinet, & then in my 1 other room, too. & a few in my restroom. i scrubbed my ladie's room last night. that is squeaky-clean. i lysol my flooring as i see fit, wash dishes, & use those new-ish dissolving erasers on many a surface. although i'm a clean fanatic.

there is a bottle of windex, too. paper towel by my ladie's room door. several buckets, by my front door, too. & sponges & disposable cloths, too, in between various rooms. many spray-clears, too. hehe. j/k have as great a time cleanin' as most would. excpt fer my Mom. she looks forward to cleaning on her saturdays!

Last edited:

fleamailman

the goblin felt that he had been neglecting his intellect somewhat of late, and that perhaps even more coffee was called for now, confiding "...another landing then, this time it's an austrilian forum, where I do confess to knowing about as much pertaining to matters australian as I do to snowmobiles then, not that this one minor detail detracts me any, after all there's many a moment in one's life where one has to preoccupy the mind with that which one isn't doing with one's body...", "...oh I see, so I take it the captain has asked you fetch groceries again goblin..." went the slot guessing what the goblin actually meant, but by now the goblin was just voicing those final words from richard III again my kingdom for an australian snowmobile before turning back to the slot asking "...well now isn't the bistro on our route then, I mean shouldn't we be deliberating this further there then..." as steps could be heard then going in that direction, somehow it was never a dull moment where the goblin's online was concerned

11w7mtz.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
blake is gonna be by. we'll likely order food (asian or pizza), watch television, chit-chat, & head to a bar thereafter. i think.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
So am I frankly. Your nurse is trying to help you and you are giving him grief. Kudos to him for putting up with you. Of course that is his job and I have to think that he likes you despite all of the trouble you cause. Your illness is really having an effect on you and your thinking. I know that you are going to dump on me but after watching all of this for a long time I have to have my say. By the way, I also have worked in medicine most of my career including hospitals and convolescent ones.

i'm not givin' him grief- he is my pal~. he & i get lunch most daze that he sees me. he is great & a very excellent nurse.. i'll listen to him over most.

btw- i got ill @ 15, & i'm in my mid-30's. i'm not affected; i'm me. i have 4 doctors. plus nurses that see me, here. they think i'm well, & refused to take me to get treatment fer my thinness. they agreed in a meeting. take that or leave that. thank u. my PCP is in agreement, too.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up to severe thunderstorms this morning, with very high winds and rain.
It's all moved out of the area now.

Finally got to take Miss Shorty Pants for a brief walk, as the wind has died down some since the sun popped out.

Working this afternoon.
That's about it!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Good Afternoon people. Doing laundry again, bed changing day. I too have awaken to wicked weather, in fact we are going to experience all four seasons in just one day. High near 60°, periods of sun, then rain, high winds, snow, freezing rain and cold. Definitely Michigan weather. :wow:

Leni

With the Santa Ana winds blowing I'll be indoors today. I have a friend who has a landscaping business coming by this afternoon to talk about getting rid of my lawn. That's the only time I'll be outside.

Umberto

Went to the dump with a load of yard waste then stopped by the store to look at turkeys and got a twenty two pounder. This afternoon I'll work on the wood chance.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good grief!

Still windy and 37 degrees.
Today the winds were just awful around here.
The local weather said they were pretty much sustained at over 30mph, but we had gusts at 58 mph.
Lots of tree limbs and trash bin lids on the streets on the way to work and coming home this evening.
One house on 4th St had an older tree that did major damage to a home there.
It split in half and destroyed most of the front part of that house.
Good thing no one was home at the time.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
bar, a few drafts, a few guys bought me some. then i got in, & i'm hungry & sleepy.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Ya know, you sure bitch a lot. I simply asked if it was good or bad for you, and you try to heap this guilt trip on me about your complex issues. Personally, I think your problems are a lot more than physical.

You don't need to reply to this with one of your whiny "he's picking on me" posts, because I'm through listening to your bitching about people who want to help you, and your braggadocio about your alcohol use. Your head is up your nether region, and you really don't want anything more than pity. Good advice seems to only makes you defensive and sometimes combative. I'm just putting you on ignore and would suggest you do the same for me. Life will be easier for both of us this way, and you can just converse with your enablers.

i need not reply as u may expect; i have my thoughts. & you cannot get to those. that makes me further grateful. have a great one, jev.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Still working on the kitchen cabinet painting project. Need to go to the supply house in Cleveland today to get another 6 Blum concealed self-closing hinges. I forgot some doors when I replaced all the door hinges back in the Summer. Fortunately I kept the drilling fixture I made, and just need to setup the drill press and knock them out. Getting close...

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'm going to start making a few dishes for Thanksgiving today including my bean salad, which needs to marinade for a couple of days to be real good. Then I have to clean my moms apartment today. just another typical day.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Wondering yet again why some people feel the proper thing to do when they disagree with something is to burn down their
own neighborhoods, including homes and businesses owned by "their own people". Unfathomable to me.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sat at the cigar lounge this morning talking to friends, while fixing some fencing gear that was broken in the last tournament.

Talked to my sister in England.

Talked to former member IceQueen in Wales. She is doing well. Still owns 2 Snow Tracs but has no snow.

Came home about noon, did a few small projects at the house. Resting my back now. Strained it a bit doing the projects.

Tonight we are meeting my brother's family for dinner and celebrating my niece's birthday.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sat at the cigar lounge this morning talking to friends, while fixing some fencing gear that was broken in the last tournament.

Talked to my sister in England.

Talked to former member IceQueen in Wales. She is doing well. Still owns 2 Snow Tracs but has no snow.

Came home about noon, did a few small projects at the house. Resting my back now. Strained it a bit doing the projects.

Tonight we are meeting my brother's family for dinner and celebrating my niece's birthday.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cleaned up in my barn so I can get things in for the winter. Got enough space cleared to park the skid steer where it belongs using the side door. That door is easier to get open in a big snow than the end one. I moved 5 bucket loads of slab wood over for the boiler before the snow comes. Unhooked my snow melt to see how much it cuts down on wood use. I can shovel a 14 ft. path on the back porch and have buckets of sand if it gets icy.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had an appointment with the doc this afternoon.
Then stopped at the nursing home nearby in 'Spencertucky' and visited two of my former patients who moved there.
Leo had a fit and was so happy to see me, Esther has really gone downhill.
After that, went to Lima and had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend (fish tacos!! zomg!! delicious) then to Macy's, then home.
The End.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Generally don't post here since I'm pretty much boring.
But this week is a vacating week. Cashed in some Hilton points and am spending the night downtown Chicago at The Wit.
Brought my wife of 31 years to LaScarola. Had a brushetta starter along with a bottle of Ruffino gold label chianti.
She had chicken vesuvio; I had gnocchi del fiorno. Ended with the best damn tiramisu in the world.
Came back to the hotel and hada drink at the bar. The Roof is closed for renovation ; too bad. Cool place.
Went to the House of Blues for an hour or so.
Back at the hotel now.
I'm not reporting anything else the rest of the night!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Generally don't post here since I'm pretty much boring.
But this week is a vacating week. Cashed in some Hilton points and am spending the night downtown Chicago at The Wit.
Brought my wife of 31 years to LaScarola. Had a brushetta starter along with a bottle of Ruffino gold label chianti.
She had chicken vesuvio; I had gnocchi del fiorno. Ended with the best damn tiramisu in the world.
Came back to the hotel and hada drink at the bar. The Roof is closed for renovation ; too bad. Cool place.
Went to the House of Blues for an hour or so.
Back at the hotel now.
I'm not reporting anything else the rest of the night!

Geez, I wonder why? :yum:
Hey Fred. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.