• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Jamboree 2015

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Looks like they are getting a good dusting in Leavenworth today!
IMG_139997425817519.jpeg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will have 3 cats going.
be sure to stop in and see this one. in real life.
BlueSnowTrac.JPG

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Beautiful Pics Jim. If you guys need another html page like last year just say the word.

AdkSnowcat

Thanks Don! I can't have too many really good snowcat photos!!! I like the ones you sent! I hope I can get into some binge painting again soon. Snowcats are definitely my favorite subject. I love the design and engineering-art shapes and the snow/nature action!

Anyone else wants to send some photos please do!!! Sometimes I get motivated to paint by great scenes (I don't know why it's only sometimes--I do know that I need all the motivation I can get!) I wish I could show all my paintings in person. The photos aren't really the same. But they are fun.

I'm bound to get one of those Nome snowcats at some point. (I did sort of get the scene and shadow in the 3700 painting.)

AdkSnowcat

I like the drama and action in the first photo; and the clarity and setting in the second. (I cropped them.)

Attachments

• Dons2100Uphill.jpg
    Dons2100Uphill.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 419
  • Dons2100TopOfHill.jpg
    Dons2100TopOfHill.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 418

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
jamboree is next month . has the arrangements been done for our run up the hill?

Tye one on

None, I will be looking for an alternate location for the day run that won't be to far away from Leavenworth if we don't get enough snow by then.

Tye one on

Snowed last night, ski area is opening this weekend. Looks much better than last year already. Irregardless I will search out an option that may be 45 minutes away if we need it.

Tye one on

I hope that is a joke! If there is an option we will definitely use it but it's hard to determine what Mother Nature will offer us. Last year there was no snow anywhere near Leavenworth but we made the best of it and we will do the same this year. There will be a Jamboree 2015 in Leavenworth and the day trip will be possible if we get enough snow. If you have any ideas of an alternative area within reasonable driving distance of Leavenworth with parking for 20 plus trucks and trailers and at least 20 more cars for all the riders let me know. Cheers!

cheeto

I apologize, that came across more terse than I intended.
You had mentioned snow in the area and that you were looking into an alternate route for the day run depending on snow levels. Because it's difficult for the girlfriend to get time off I was trying to get info on whether you knew of an alternate route that already has snow. :smile:

Tye one on

At this point the ski areas barely have enough snow to to open and those areas are off limits to us until late April. I will do my best to find us an area if Derby Canyon is to thin. With that said, we had a great time last year and will again this year with or without snow. It is an event that should not be missed if you have any interest at all in snowcats or the people that have this quirky addiction to them. Bring your machine and spend the weekend with a whole lot of great people, what do you have to lose. Cheers!

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
On the bright side of things You just never know about the snow. In one week there can be 10 feet of snow drop in the Cascades... Just wait and see.

What makes this event so great is Leavenworth pleases everyone its very entertaining

Nate b

If I wasn't working i would be there snow or no snow. Last year was so much fun, people were great and I will truly miss not making it this year.

Leavenworth area snow report:

Snow is still pretty thin in immediate area, there is about 5" in town (can get an idea from this website <skileavenworth.org>), probably less in Derby Canyon area which is about 5 mi east. Obviously we could get some dumps in next 3 weeks but immediate forecast not great, looks like yet another pineapple express this weekend. Snowpack at Stevens Pass area is about 50% of normal, but that's still about 3'.

If we don't get enough snow in Derby Canyon, one possibility for your play-in-the-snow day might be Smithbrook road (FS 6700) about 3 mi east of Stevens Pass. It would be a hassle, it's about 30 mi from Leavenworth. DOT plows a wide parking are a couple hundred yards east of junction (snowpark pass not required) you could probably fit rigs and trailers in, especially since since you could double park. However there are a lot of potential problems. You would have to get there early, on weekend it's a popular snowmoble and backcountry ski location. Also, there is not enough space between guardrails and creek for a cat, so you would either have to run them up side of road, or unload them at junction and take trailers back to parking are which involves a 5 mil round trip since highway 2 is divided there (like I said, it would be a hassle). You can look on Google maps satellite to see a summer shot of parking are, there is a car parked in it so you can get an idea of its size, there is also a winter photo of it. Might not be practical, but it's all I can think of where there would be a possibility of parking all the trailers. One more thing, on a day when avy danger is moderate or above there is a stretch about 3 mi in where road goes up to Rainy Pass that you want to avoid. On a low avy day you can go for 20mi,