• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SAVE THE GINGERS! Global warming will cause hot red headed women to vanish

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Absurd as it is, you can read the entire story at the link http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/06/n...alots-now-claim-redheads-will-soon-disappear/

Global warming is a strange, inexorable force determined to take away our sandy beaches, our ski resorts, our air conditioning and everything good in life. That’s what well-paid people who fly around the world in huge jet airplanes keep threatening.

And, wouldn’t you know it, now scientists are claiming that redheads may be wiped out in Scotland as the northern third of the island of Great Britain becomes sunnier as a result of climate change.

The theory goes that red hair is an evolutionary response among human beings to a lack of sunlight, explains the Daily Record, a Glasgow rag.

Red hair allows people who have it to obtain high levels of vitamin D from the sun in places where it doesn’t shine much.

“We think red hair in Scotland, Ireland and the north of England is adaptation to the climate,” said Alistair Moffat, who heads ScotlandsDNA, a genetic testing company. “We do not get enough sun and have to get all the vitamin D we can.”

Moffat added that fewer clouds and more sun would mean “fewer people carrying the gene,” according to the Daily Record.

Moffat did not say what would compel redheads to stop having babies, or what would make them stop passing ginger genes to their children — though it probably has something to do with global warming, too. . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 7.05.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 7.05.00 PM.png
    569.2 KB · Views: 259

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is another story about the greatest tragedy caused by global warming => http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/climate-change-could-make-red-3814089

Let us all pray that the weather in Scotland remains crappy!

In pictures: Climate change could make red hair a thing of the past if Scotland gets sunnier

REDHEADS could become extinct as Scotland gets sunnier, experts have claimed.

The gene that causes red hair is thought to be an evolutionary response to the lack of sun in Scotland.

Redhead colouring allows people to get the maximum vitamin D from what little sun there is.

Only one to two per cent of the world’s population has red hair but in Scotland the figure is about 13 per cent, or 650,000 people.

However, the figure could fall dramatically – and even see redheads die out completely in a few centuries – if predictions that the country’s climate is set to become much sunnier are true.

Dr Alistair Moffat, boss of genetic testing company ScotlandsDNA, said: “We think red hair in Scotland, Ireland and the north of England is adaptation to the climate. We do not get enough sun and have to get all the vitamin D we can.

“If it was to get less cloudy and there was more sun, there would be fewer people carrying the gene.”

Another scientist, who asked not to be named because of the theoretical nature of the work, said: “I think the gene is slowly dying out. Climate change could see a decline in the number of people with red hair in Scotland.”

Canadian comic Shawn Hitchins, who led a ginger pride march in Edinburgh last year, said: “It seems like everyone is coming up with new ways to eradicate the gingers.”

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hell, that may not be a bad thing. If you have ever dated a Scottish or Irish redhead you'll understand what I'm saying. Jeez, I think that I still have the bruises. :yum:

Honestly, I don't think that they know what they're talking about. I don't think that the sun has ever shone in Scotland so why are there redheads there in the first place??????? Think about it.

ChocoCat

Hell, that may not be a bad thing. If you have ever dated a Scottish or Irish redhead you'll understand what I'm saying. Jeez, I think that I still have the bruises. :yum:

I have. If I remember right, it wasn't like any other relationship I had ever been in. I'm not sure what ended it, but everything down to who left the toilet seat up was heated. All told, I blame her fiery, insatiable attitude for everything, even for me. :biggrin: Dammit I miss that girl.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
So, if I'm reading this correctly, my grand-children's, grand-children's, grand-children may never see auburn hair. I may
never get a good night's sleep again for worrying about this!
:yum::yum::yum:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Married ONE.....raised 4....life has been Good!!!!!!!!!!:w00t2:

Here are four in a group. Any relation to you? This is what I thought of when you said four. :clap:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtrzb3Z6NE"]God Bless The USA - Redhead Express - YouTube[/ame]

Umberto

Saw a longhaired redhead today but she was a dog and it would have been difficult to get a picture since I was driving.

Red

Well can't wait for it to hit the Newspaper's Headlines . . .

"Global warming solved, as Buffalo digs out from under 8ft of snow in early November"

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I always thought red heads were psyco, also can some one explain why there are no red headed eskimos if its supposed to help with vit.-d in cold dark environment's . maybe its because the suns rays get through the snow in our igloos.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
dated a couple of red heads and they were the best love hate relationships I ever had. At least when we broke up they didn't clean out our bank account like the french b!tch did. :doh:

Leni

I always thought red heads were psyco, also can some one explain why there are no red headed eskimos if its supposed to help with vit.-d in cold dark environment's . maybe its because the suns rays get through the snow in our igloos.

Eskimos get their vitamin D through their diet which is high in fish etc.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
God blessed me with a house full of PSYCOs ...each and every one a rose in her own right...........al though ya have to be careful when ya live among the thornes!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile: