• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

got a chairlift

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I picked this up . now what should I do.
been thinking of adding legs for a chair.
any ideas?
DSC00288.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hang that baby from a tree branch
and you be rockin !!!!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thought about just a bench or rocker . everyone makes them into swings.
put it behind my cat and give rides??
just an idea picture of a larger chair.
th0BQDOZRS.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hang it from a big old coil spring as a bounce chair. Use your imagination.....

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tie 20 weather balloons filled with helium to it and go take some pictures of the mountains ( remember to bring the pellet gun so you can come back down )

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The only draw back I see is if the chair is empty who would steer? And kids could take it off trail if not paying attention... I was thinking a ridgid tounge, long enough to keep track dust off for the most part..

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would hang that. all above sound good to me.

Around here they take very large (iron spoke) implement wheels and put them on the sides and make them yard art. very comfortable and then when winter rolls in they could be fit with skis and tugged around.

possibilities are endless.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up in NH there are a bunch around and they are mostly hung either fixed or allowed to swing.

I have a Cranmore Skimobile and a Wildcat Gondola. Nice others appreciate this cool stuff. Gondola was mounted on a rock once in life. They just look cool hanging. Would love a two person chair from a NH mountain i life.

Putting in a pool this fall and I wanted to mount a bench seat on some narrow gauge railroad tracks so it slides back and forth. A chair like that would fit the bill.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
had to get it moved so I just hung it on my hill.
thanks for the suggestions. i'm still thinking about that coil spring idea.
DSC00299.jpg

Just got a e-mail that Crystal is selling the High Campbell chairs for $971! Jim and I both have the Queens chairs, and they sold for half that much!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the deal is the chairs belonged to the insurance company and the office was overwhelmed with calls. that could have run the cost up.
i wanted one more and make a merry go round type deal but couldn't justify the $4oo for one more.