• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker For Sale in Denver

Attachments

• 00z0z_3uUdNRBsXzc_600x450.jpg
    00z0z_3uUdNRBsXzc_600x450.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,249

funtracks

This is the type of Tucker I've been waiting patiently for over a year, anyone have input on the condition and price? I noticed the craigslist ad said it includes a track tool but it appears to have adjuster on the front? Can anyone else tell? This would be my first Tucker so I'm very green on the subject. Thanks.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This appears to be a standard model 443 not 443A. It probably had the three on the tree and converted to stick in the floor, a much better option. The three tree will get bound up when in uneven conditions. The standard models came with 3/4 inch rollers instead of the one inch on the 443A model. I can not comment on the track adjusters, but have seen some on other machines. So pontoons may have been changed at some point in it's life. Looks pretty clean body wise. There are several modifications done to it if you are looking to restore to factory conditions, but doable, needs factory speedo. If the tracks and rollers are good, the price is reasonable. I wouldn't have a Sno-Cat, but two, yes.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Specs. change over the years but in 1958. Standard (std) was 95 hp engine, A 115 hp. These are both Chrysler Ind. flat head engines but different displacements and different physical size, longer. Load cap 1350lb. vs. 1650lb. Tree speed vs. four speed transmission. 3990lb. vs. 4200lb. weight. Cost $7312 vs. $8447.

The track adjustment on non adjustable pontoons is by bending the steel links(31 X 4) all equally on the track with the Tucker tools. Adjustables came in different forms. The one end only, as on this machine, with non- replaceable rails and fully replaceable rails with adjustable two ends.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is good to keep the history of each machine alive. Thanks Mtn-Track. BTW, did this machine have the three speed with shift lever on the column? Did you get the Sno-Cat Funtracks?

funtracks

The seller and I have been talking, its an interesting situation. I'm waiting to hear back hopefully in a day or two....I appreciate all the help thus far!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe not enough roof space for the solar electric cat conversion. Looks like a few suntrackers in the back.

jask

:) as soon as I saw that red nose and roof rack, I thought " I know where there is a dent on that machine" :)

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at this cat last year. Look carefully at the post in previous post on its history. It was in ok shape and has some spare track parts like groused and some roller bearings. I did not like the fact that he kept the cat in the dirt and not off the ground but the pontoons looked o.k.. I remember the 4 speed tranny on the floor. I believe it was originally a "53. I eventually bought another cat. In Redcliff that I looked at on my way back from Idaho Springs,CO where this one was located. Hope this helps

funtracks

Just an update, I still don't own a Tucker. Here's the unusual situation I've found. At first I talked to the seller, told him I'm interested and wanted to put money down and pick it up in a few weeks. My job was keeping me from dropping everything to run and get it. The seller thought about it and said he had been burned a year ago from an out of state seller that put money down and eventually did not purchase it so he wanted to sell it locally. I replied back to him that I was now able to run down there with a trailer and money in hand to purchase the cat. I've heard nothing by email or phone for about a week. I don't see it re-listed but it might be for sale again locally. Anyone around Island Springs, CO see it for sale? I really want a vintage 443 but I respect the seller (he was very nice) and don't want to harass him with emails and phone calls.

funtracks

So being patient has paid off, I finally made contact with the seller again and we've struck a deal. I'm sure most snowcat forum members have bought and sold many pieces of machinery in their time but I have to say this one has been the most unique for me thus far! I can appreciate the sellers situation and we're just coordinating a pickup date, sometime in the next couple weeks I should be a proud Tucker 443 owner. Wish me luck!

funtracks

Question for pontoon steel track Tucker owners. The seller in Denver is concerned about getting the towing rig up to the driveway of his ranch where the Tucker is located. I guess its steep and narrow. The seller is concerned about driving the Tucker down the gravel road that also turns into blacktop. I personally would rather park the truck and trailer at a safe point on the road and drive the Tucker down. Is there a big concern driving the steel tracks on gravel roads? Blacktop roads? This would obviously be a one time deal, just to get it safely loaded. Thoughts?

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Steel pontoon Tuckers do not like dirt and sand and big rocks. That being said, they seem to survive,. I would do everything I could to get the trailer close to it. Remove the larger rocks from the road as the bottom of the pontoon will be scratched from them. If the road is crushed rock and smooth, I would drive on it.If you really want to protect them you can walk the machine over tires or lengths of old conveyor belting. Bring extra help to move the belting or tires from back to front.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If he is worried about his blacktop it will leave some marks form the tracks what will fade over time. Similar to horses pulling in a parade with metal shoes.

He might be a driveway fanatic. My dad was one until he gave up on me at a young age .

funtracks

What a busy weekend! Yes, the Tucker is at its new home in Minnesota. Here are a couple pictures of it loaded up in Idaho Springs, CO. I will start a new thread under the restoration section when I get more pictures. Due to limited snow in SE MN right now was only able to unload it Sunday and make a couple tracks around the house and near by field....but it was great!

Attachments

• Tucker towing rig.jpg
    Tucker towing rig.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 156
  • Tucker on trailer.jpg
    Tucker on trailer.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 159