• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

interesting snow cat for sale

lcustom

I have been following some conversations about folks selling snow cats. I was looking for one to buy but have recently moved and it really isn't appropriate for me to have one. However: I did find a fun one if someone needs a project. it is on an auction. to sell next week, I think.
here is the link I found:
http://www.auctiontime.com/OnlineAuctions/Details.aspx?LP=trk&lot=3567&ltf=other

Since I can't, someone should have fun with this!
L

Attachments

• whiplash.jpg
    whiplash.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 951
That is cool and a rare find. I've never heard of or seen a Thiokol Whiplash but it looks like a 3700 mated with am Imp late one night at the factory. Thanks for posting!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I never herd of one either but it kind of fits the description of the bearcat. it appears to have the same power plant and drive system of the later 3700 models, which is what a bearcat is a 2 place 3700 with a forward mounted cab. its a cool machine just need to ditch that 3208 for a 3116 or maybe a deere 6 cylinder

Beartrac was the name of the division of LMC that made snowcats toward the end of their run. All the models from the 1500, 1800, 3700C, 3700CF and 3700CFS had the Beartrac name. The 3700C(260hp) and CF(290hp) both had the Cat 3208 and the CFS(365hp) had the Cat 3176. Both the CF and CFS were the cab forward slope groomers.

I was buying a Spryte from one of the LMC salesmen back in the 90s and he sent me brochures of all the new line up for 93. He was pretty candid about the fact that LMC was on it's last legs and summed up their grooming cats as too little too late.