• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTS 1970 Tucker 542A

AdkSnowcat

Just before I found my axle parts to fix my machine I was looking around for another older Tucker. Brett at Track told me about one he had seen in Big Bay, Michigan. He got me in contact with the guy (Rick). It sounds like a pretty interesting Sno-Cat! I'm going to be ok with my Tucker now (I hope!). So this one is available if somebody is interested. Rick says it runs and drives good and everything works. It has a 318. There are some spare track parts. He is open to offers. Rick (906) 235-5194. He has owned it ten years. It has the wide steel pontoons. Good luck!

BlueSnoCat1.jpg

BlueSnoCat2.jpg

BlueSnoCat3.jpg

BlueSnoCat4.jpg

BlueSnoCat5.jpg

BlueSnoCat6.jpg

BlueSnoCat7.jpg

BlueCat8.jpg

BlueCat9.jpg

BlueCat10.jpg

AdkSnowcat

I got the feeling he would be pretty reasonable on the price. It has been for sale for a while. He starts it up periodically.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i think that is a cool looking rig yet teh steel tracks won't do me much good up here they have been tried before and there is too much bare ground to cross.

AdkSnowcat

The guy (Rick) said that bare ground happened, and was unavoidable, on the snowmobile trails while grooming in Michigan sometimes too. It made me worry some about the tracks. He said sometimes you would knock off rollers. Sounded like he fixed them. I don't ever want to drive mine on bare ground.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
around here we have exposed decomposing bed rock on hill tops and large areas where wind has blown away snow leaving vegitation and gravel exposed the 2 that came up here are dead now one is a yard ornamate the other one is some where else they both had hemmi motors but were un able to run more than 2 years before the tracks and pontoons were torn up also noticed thea them things weigh quite a bit at 5000 pounds

AdkSnowcat

Were they the steel tracked Tuckers? Do the rubber tracked machines with steel grousers get damaged quickly too? Sometimes in New York on the trails the snow isn't very deep and rocks pop through. I imagine that would damage most grousers. I know I beat my last snowmobile to death when the snow was thin. (It was pretty hard to go slowly.)

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
my snow trac and the nodwells up here run steel grousers and rubber tracks they stand up well. and the full rubber tracks like terra tracks work the bestfor summer operations.

AdkSnowcat

I just talked to Rick the seller. Sounds like he is looking for $3000-3500. If it were closer I might be going to get it.

Sno-Surfer

I don't know much about the Tuckers, but that sure sounds like a deal to me! If I were closer I'd be talking a friend into getting it...

weatherby

I did look at this Tucker about two years ago, in the summer time. It is a pretty complete machine, however , it does (in my opinion) need most if not ALL rollers replaced. Unless a guy has a inexpensive source for good rollers, you will have a ton of money in rollers alone, just to make this machine dependable for any kind of travel.