• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

need some advice

kitty

ok my 3 year old is driving me nuts...i know kids act out but.....my boy is just naughty he jumps off my tables and couches he throws fits can not sit still for more then a min i have tried evrything i tried the charts that reward him didnt work time out didnt work i have spanked him that really doesnt work now hes hitting and kicking my mom im ready to pull out my hair!!!!! any advice????

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
BE CONSISTANT with punishments.
Lock him in a room and if he screws up while in there ground him and/or spank him HARD. Where is the father? Im not familiar with your situation.

kitty

i do try that but he will come out when i tell him he can as soon as i say no it starts all over the dad is here he has a hard time too we just dont know what else to do he screams so loud he was the baby up and i get frustrated...we try and stick with it but constantly hearing scraemin and kicking the walls can make a person go nuts!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Lock him in a room

Lock him in his room? Are you outta your mind ????? Sushi it is obivous you never had kids !!!

Don't threaten to bust his butt or disipline him if your not prepared to do it now . The worst thing you can do is threaten to disipline ,than not follow thur .He will push you as far as you let him and he knows exactly how far to push .
His Hitting you or your Mom is a big NO-NO . That is never allowed .

Change it up Kitty .He has you figured out . Next time he acts up make him decide which disipline he gets . Give him 2 options of disipline , that you have decided on , and make him choose one . That way he chooses his own disipline even though you set the ground rules .

Last edited by a moderator:

kitty

thanks big al i will try that
no i havent had him tested for adhd maybe i should though cause nothing is workin

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
We raised 4 and were pretty strict. I agree with Big Al.

Never make a threat you don't intend to carry out.

You and Dad must be united in your decisions and back them up together

Don't let your son wear you down, parenting is hard, it takes patience but if you lose control now it will be a lot tougher later

Good luck and try to remember that the effort you put in now will hopefully pay off later.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Follow BigAl and Roadking's advice. The first few times is really hard on you but tough love. You can't back down under any circumstance. Don't allow yourself to think you are hurting him.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
And follow my advice. These other members think they know something about kids. HA!
Im Italian... we always make good parents.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks big al i will try that
no i havent had him tested for adhd maybe i should though cause nothing is workin
If you do, just make sure you go to a good doctor who will look into everything.
There could be a whole host of things that could be causing him to act out like he is.
ADHD is often the "wave the hand/write the script" easy way out for some doctors who won't take the time to look into other physical or emotional causes.
It could be your little darling is just a hard -headed man in the making.:smile:
In that case, you deciding to bust his butt when you SAY you will should take care of that in a hurry.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
And follow my advice. These other members think they know something about kids. HA!
Im Italian... we always make good parents.

Sushi , just go back to your Taylor Swift thread . Your mind hasn't developed up to a 3 year olds yet so you have no idea how their little minds work .:wink:
Better yet ,keep working your "Elmo Wineass" pictures . That seems to be your "Happy Place"

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi , just go back to your Taylor Swift thread . Your mind hasn't developed up to a 3 year olds yet so you have no idea how their little minds work .:wink:
Better yet ,keep working your "Elmo Wineass" pictures . That seems to be your "Happy Place"

Hey Big Al if that true than your development hasnt gotten too far past the age of crawling :whistling:

Attachments

• bite_me.jpg
    bite_me.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 83

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Big Al if that true than your development hasnt gotten too far past the age of crawling :whistling:

Nothing wrong with crawling through life .Being closer to the floor , It doesn't hurt as much ,when I fall down .:w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok ! Back on topic ! Lets get some more input in disiplining the little darlings when they act up .:hammer: Beating the crap outta them is not a option .....

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
yea i know what ur saying PG when i do say i am gonna spank i do he just gets worse lol
Well, that depends on how you spank.
Do you give him a slight smack on the behind which sends him into fits of rage because he felt challenged?.. or do you tan his hide like you meant business?
P.S.-- Al, I am not talking 'beat the crap out of'... God made our tushies soft for a reason..:biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
P.S.-- Al, I am not talking 'beat the crap out of'... God made our tushies soft for a reason..:biggrin:

My comment wasn't meant at your reply PG :flowers: . It was just a general comment . I know it always hurt me a hella lot more to spank my kids than it ever did them .
No parent truely ever wants to spank their kids ,but disipline needs to take place when it is warranted .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My middle daughter on the first time I had to spank her. You know you lighten up a little bit from the boys but when I got done spanking her she just sat there and then started laughing and she said "that didn't hurt dad" :sad:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My comment wasn't meant at your reply PG :flowers: . It was just a general comment . I know it always hurt me a hella lot more to spank my kids than it ever did them .
No parent truely ever wants to spank their kids ,but disipline needs to take place when it is warranted .
I know what you're saying Al.
The first time I ever had to spank Jeff or Ty, I went into another room and cried,feeling like an abuser:yum:

rc2james

Site Supporter
I wouldn’t worry too much about his behavior right now.

Little boys usually outgrow this type of activity by the age of 25 or so.

kitty

lol yea he feels it when i spank him i feel bad nothing else seems too work but if hes hitting me or my mom i bust his ass good.i keep trying the reward chart doesnt help with the fits

kitty

I wouldn’t worry too much about his behavior right now.

Little boys usually outgrow this type of activity by the age of 25 or so.
are u kiddin me?lol then u come spend a week with him and see if u still feel the same!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
lol yea he feels it when i spank him i feel bad nothing else seems too work but if hes hitting me or my mom i bust his ass good.i keep trying the reward chart doesnt help with the fits
Well you could try something I did with Ty when he was going through the terribles (and I took some flack for this, I think on this very board).. lay down and show him what he looks like when he throws a fit.
Mirror him. He'll be like WTH??? what is Mom doing??
He may never do it again.:whistling:
Embarrassment and distraction works wonders with the wee ones.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
been there done that PG lol
Ship the kid to me express mail.. I'll have him back by Christmas Eve..
He'll look the same, but he might behave a little different..:yum:

Honestly hun, I hope this is just a phase he's going through and you don't lose too much hair in the process.

Kids, you gotta love 'em.
(Yes you do) :smile: