• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How often do you eat fast food?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Rarely, if ever. Low salt diet precludes pretty much eating anywhere but home. I used to love a good Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese from MickeyD's but haven't had one I would say in over 10 years.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Never. We have about 7 fast food joints within 2 blocks of our house and my gutts avoid that crap like the plague. Last time I ate McDonald's I had the runs for 3 days.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• IMG_6161.JPG
    IMG_6161.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 133

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Couple times a week. I usually get myself something about once a week and on Saturdays I pick up Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits for breakfast.

leadarrows

Stopped about a year ago now. I hate to cook but I force myself. I gt an electric pressure cooker and it makes fixing stuff fast and easy.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, now I'm hungry! :yum:

Sometimes they have my sub half made before I open the door. I should cut back I suppose... :neutral:

Dayum, those sammiches look good. Real good, actually. Good thing we do not have one of those places around here or i would be in trouble. All we have are those shitty Subways that I wouldn't take a dog to.

They just open one about 15 miles from here. I'm going to give them a try next week.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Not very often. My wife likes to cook and she's very good at it. She also likes to know what I'm eating isn't going to kill me. :biggrin:

Last time I ate at McDonald's was in November of last year. I went in for a McMuffin and coffee while I was waiting for my car to be serviced.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The closest I come to fast food is El Pollo Loco grilled chicken, dark meat, 8 piece to go. I found the recipe on www.food.com that I will be trying at home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Almost never.

First, anymore it isn't fast.
Second, I doubt most of it is actually food.

I haven't been in a McDonalds, Kentucky Chicken, Burger King or Hardy's in 10-15 years. So I could be wrong but,,,; Has anything changed?

We occasionally do Papa Johns for the employees at work.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Does pizza count? I'll have a Jet's pizza once in a while, or Jimmie John's Gargantuan once in a while, but that's it. :biggrin:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Once a month on average, usually when we have to make a run to Ft Riley to get Dragonfly Lady's pain meds filled. We can't afford to get them retail, as even the "small" copay is ludicrous!

Edit: And Papa Murphy's Take-&-Bake pizza about once a month. Not exactly 'fast food' but not homemade either.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Fast food is a convenience for me and rarely go to McDonald's, BK or any of those places.

Arby's and Subway usually, sometimes A&W or Captain D's.

IF I am going to opt for fast these days purposely, normally it's Panera Bread because it's so damned good and healthy.

I don't really keep track of the frequency.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Fast food is a convenience for me and rarely go to McDonald's, BK or any of those places.

Arby's and Subway usually, sometimes A&W or Captain D's.

IF I am going to opt for fast these days purposely, normally it's Panera Bread because it's so damned good and healthy.

I don't really keep track of the frequency.
Panera isn't really fast food in my opinion; it's more good food served quickly. LOVE their broccoli cheese soup and Greek salad! :clap:

rugerman

About once every couple of weeks, local bar-b-que joint, they have really good collards, fried okra and their que ain't bad either. Haven't been in a McDonald's, Burger King, etc in years.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
As I said, I'm not a fast food junkie. There's a new hot dog place opened in town that also serves beer. Selling $10 hotdogs and $6 beers, I'm not sure how long it will be in business. Good hot dogs though.

There's also a new BBQ place opened in town that also serves "craft beers", that is beers no one has ever heard of. At lunch his BBQ isn't bad but by night time it has dried out some. Still pretty tasty but I prefer my own.

My family seldom eat on a fast food these days. But, when we do, because its the most convenient and fastest choice especially if we're on a highway for a quickie lunch or dinner.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
About the only time we will have fast food is when we get a late start to camp. It's an hour drive and it's sometimes easier to pick up a few burgers than listen to "I'm hungry. Are we there yet?" from 5 kids in the back seat. Then as soon as we get there I'll fire up the grill and cook us some steak and chopped up peppers.

...a million dollars shy of being a millionaire.