• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

If a comedian held up Obama's bloody head ... what would the press do?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The title asks a legitimate question ...
If a comedian held up Obama's bloody head ... what would the press do?

Let me ask a follow up question:
What would the GOP politicians do if a comedian held up Obama's bloody head?

So here we have a comedian, granted she is a bit of a has been, but now she is apparently also a regular with CNN's Anderson Cooper.

And she posted a photo of herself holding a bloody Trump head.

So I have to ask, is there a double standard with the media? With the politicians?

Or did I miss Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi coming out and condemning this? Did I miss CNN announcing their termination of this woman? Did I miss the NYT condemning her? WaPo?

Attachments

• KathyGriffinTrumpBeheaded-640x480.jpg
    KathyGriffinTrumpBeheaded-640x480.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 76

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Why, have a shit fit, that's what. God forbid anyone say anything bad about the chocolate dictator.

You haven't missed a thing other then the old days of having a subjective media dedicated to keeping the American people informed and protecting our First Amendment Rights.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
If Trump wanted to mess with her he would tell the Secret Service he perceived that as a threat.
They would hassle the hell out of that b*tch.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
She's over the hill and knows it. She just wanted to get some attention and she got more than she figured on. Now she's making abject apologies. What a f--kin' dumbass!!
mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Response from a Democrat :hammer:

http://www.breitbart.com/california...n-kathy-griffin-beheading-donald-trump-photo/
Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) is one of the biggest political fans of comedian Kathy Griffin, who stirred controversy and outrage on Tuesday after posing for a photograph with a (fake) severed, bloody head of President Donald Trump.

Yet Lieu has refused to condemn Griffin’s conduct thus far.

Griffin has appeared with Lieu at a number of his recent town hall events in California’s 33rd congressional district, which includes large portions of West Los Angeles County, including the wealthy coastal communities of Malibu and Santa Monica, West Hollywood, and the “Beach Cities.”

rugerman

The liberal media won't condemn her actions, it does not fit their agenda. It will be oh she is just a comedian doing dumb stuff, nothing to see here move along. As for the democrats, they will just figure that this is the first salvo in their next attack on Trump. They will probably have her as a speaker at the next democratic national convention. I would hope that the secret service would pick her up and grill her about If she has any intentions of carrying out this serious act.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
She's backpedaling.

Kathy Griffin apologizes for photo shoot with bloodied Trump mask, says she 'went too far'

Kathy Griffin admitted Tuesday she "went too far" on her latest photo shoot with controversial photographer Tyler Shields in which she is holding a bloodied mask of President Trump.

The gory photo first published in TMZ from Griffin's photo session with the famed Shields, known for his shocking pictures.

In a Twitter post late Tuesday, Griffin said the image "is too disturbing," and that "it wasn't funny."

"I understand how it offends people," she said, adding "I've made a lot of mistakes in my career."

According to the gossip site, Griffin joked with Shields on set they would need to move to Mexico after the photos were released or fear imprisonment. In her Twitter post on Tuesday, Griffin said she was going to "take down the image."

Much more at the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...th-bloodied-trump-mask-says-went-too-far.html

rugerman

The only reason that she is back peddling is her stupid stunt is now possibly messing with her lively hood and also it pissed off the secret service who could give her a real hard time if they want to. I hope they go after her for threatening the president.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
First they say what they want to say and do what they want to do.

Then they pretend to back pedal with some half assed apology or no apology at all. Just saying they went to far or should not have said it. Whatever.

Meanwhile, the publicity has been made, the left wing media will side with them or ignore it all together.

In the end. One more example of how the double standards of the left show the rest of us moral and honest hard working people how corrupt and dishonest liberals are.

Keep talking and putting on a show, libtards.

The Secret Service has their hands tied, because the left wing media will side with this freak of nature and fill the news cycles about how the SS is picking on a poor defenseless so called comedian and how if they were really doing their job, they would be goings after the "real" criminals. You are not going to win when the Propaganda Ministry is against you.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
CNN is said to be 'reconsidering' her place on their network. So that means they will likely hide her in a closet for a couple weeks and then let her return to work.

But it seems clear that the right wing backlash has embarrassed the left and they now are admitting, probably reluctantly, that she "went too far" with her image. Some on the left might actually recognized the hypocrisy and maybe a select few think its just wrong.

So it seems that her comedic photo might have bitten her in the financial ass. Lets hope that the leftwing media actually learns from this and calls out their own when they do stupid, distasteful and outright wrong things.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, at least she didn't say that she "Dreamed of blowing up the White House".

Attachments

• madonna.jpg
    madonna.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 61

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I really do not think that the left or their media mouthpieces understand what they are doing to the country. Yes, I think they are that stupid. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

rugerman

No body ever said that the democrats were smart, just that they stick together better than the republicans. And as for the liberal so called media, they have their own agenda and they don't give a dam about this country, except as a source for a paycheck . The media talking heads will say whatever their handlers tell them to say, just like the folks in the obama administration, what ever the ex liar in chief said goes and they will hold that line til the end of time. That is why Donald Trump should clean ALL the obama leftovers out of any and all positions, even the civil service ones, I bet that would stop all this leaking that has been going on!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
CNN has finally fired her.

BUT THEY DIDN'T DO IT UNTIL AFTER THEY STARTED LOSING ADVERTISERS :hammer:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
CNN was waiting to see just how much chit hit the fan before making the decision. They were probably hoping she'd turn into a cash cow, instead they got a pig in a poke!!
Mike