• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Senate ASSHOLES won't vote on House-passed healthcare bill!

Loudmouth

Site Supporter
Senate Republicans said Thursday they won't vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, but will write their own legislation instead.

A Senate proposal is now being developed by a 12-member working group. It will attempt to incorporate elements of the House bill, senators said, but will not take up the House bill as a starting point and change it through the amendment process.

"The safest thing to say is there will be a Senate bill, but it will look at what the House has done and see how much of that we can incorporate in a product that works for us in reconciliation," said Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.

"We are going to draft a Senate bill," added Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. "That is what I've been told."

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn said there is "really no deadline" for the group to produce a bill. We are just working toward getting 51 votes.”

to read more: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-wont-vote-on-house-passed-healthcare-bill/article/2622152

THESE ASSHOLES HAVE EGOS BIGGER THEN THEIR GIRTH!

leadarrows

I don't want then to sign it. I want repeal period.

There are other, better, sustainable ways of reducing healthcare costs.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have always likened Obummer Care to junking a car because it needed a brake job. It was all one of those feel good moments for liberals who implemented something and had no idea what it was or what it would do.

The one thing I was always in favor of and still am is buying health insurance over state lines. Something all politicians from both sides of the aisle seem to be adverse to for whatever reason.

They are all a bunch of lying worthless f***ing assholes. Can't drain the swamp when you need the permission of the swamp people to do it.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
POINT OF ORDER ...

If the HOUSE passes 1 bill AND the SENATE passes a DIFFERENT bill then the 2 bills go to "reconciliation" for compromise. That can be a very good thing. It can also be a very bad thing. It just depends upon who is on the reconciliation committee.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Senate Republicans said Thursday they won't vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, but will write their own legislation instead.

A Senate proposal is now being developed by a 12-member working group. It will attempt to incorporate elements of the House bill, senators said, but will not take up the House bill as a starting point and change it through the amendment process.

"The safest thing to say is there will be a Senate bill, but it will look at what the House has done and see how much of that we can incorporate in a product that works for us in reconciliation," said Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.

"We are going to draft a Senate bill," added Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. "That is what I've been told."

Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn said there is "really no deadline" for the group to produce a bill. We are just working toward getting 51 votes.”

to read more: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-wont-vote-on-house-passed-healthcare-bill/article/2622152

THESE ASSHOLES HAVE EGOS BIGGER THEN THEIR GIRTH!

It's how our bicameral system of representation of the people is supposed to work. How does that make them @ssholes?

I do wish the congress could just repeal. But because the GOP spent 6 years failing to deliver on it's promise to do so, we have Obamacare deeply rooted in our medical insurance system. And in the actual delivery of healthcare. Something must now be created to fill the gap when Obamacare is eventually repealed.

And there are issues not addressed in the current House bill. A deal breaker like buying across State lines for one.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's how our bicameral system of representation of the people is supposed to work. How does that make them @ssholes?

I do wish the congress could just repeal. But because the GOP spent 6 years failing to deliver on it's promise to do so, we have Obamacare deeply rooted in our medical insurance system. And in the actual delivery of healthcare. Something must now be created to fill the gap when Obamacare is eventually repealed.

And there are issues not addressed in the current House bill. A deal breaker like buying across State lines for one.

A deal breaker for me is the state line issue, which runs afoul of the Commerce Clause. It's also a root cause of people losing insurance when moving and finding themselves unable to insure formerly insured conditions.

The GOP created their own mess by passing 50 repeal bills never dreaming they would have to back their play. Now it's put up or shut up time.

rugerman

I've always wondered just how much kickback obama and his cronies got from the insurance folks to start Obamacare, before the insurance companies figured out that they screwed up and were going to lose their shirts because the young folks were not going to sign up, which was the group who were going to make the system work by not being sick and therefore paying for the old folks who were. If walls could talk!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't want any of those assholes in Washington to pass another health care bill, until they dump their taxpayer plan and use the same crap they force on us

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't want any of those assholes in Washington to pass another health care bill, until they dump their taxpayer plan and use the same crap they force on us

^^^^X2. If it's good enough for us deplorables then it's good enough for them!!
Mike

rugerman

I would not hold my breath on the folks in DC getting the same health insurance as us , they are special don't you know, can't be put in the same class as the unwashed!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would just be happy if the NON-elected bureaucrats are forced to get the same insurance as the rest of us. They got exempted under ObamaCare. I'd love to see whatever stick is shoved up our asses get shoved up theirs too!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just found this >>> http://tribunist.com/politics/first...w-gop-healthcare-bill-coverage/?utm_source=SR

First Female A-10 Combat Pilot Just Made Sure Congress is Required to Use New GOP Healthcare Bill Coverage

May 6, 2017

As the first full week of May closed in the House of Representatives, the “repeal and replace” options put forward for Obamacare had passed. Barely. While Trump celebrated the win, many felt conflicted about their votes. Yet there’s one sure sign of hope, even for the critics of Trump Care, and that came from the desk of Martha McSally.

McSally wanted to ensure that the rules that apply to all Americans really did apply to all Americans. Members of Congress and the Senate had been exempted from some of the provisions concerning preexisting conditions, specifically the state waiver provisions of the American Health Care Act.

“Any law we pass that applies to our constituents must apply equally to Members of Congress as well. Anything short of that is hypocrisy. Congress must abide by the laws it passes and should be treated no differently than other hardworking Americans,” Rep. McSally said. “My measure eliminates double standards by preventing Members of Congress from exempting themselves from American Health Care Act.”
Story continues at link above :hammer:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any bets that that provision disappears in the senate version? Remember they are special.

I would not bet against it somehow mysteriously vanishing from the final language.

But what would be hysterical is if the GOP members voted that the Democratic congress critters had to use the VA to get their healthcare, after all, it is 'single payer' :yum: