• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1976 Thiokol Spryte F/S Madison SD auction

My employer is selling a 1976 Thiokol Spryte. Engine has just been overhauled. Religiously performed regular maintenance. We have all service records and original books and documentation. Was bought from petersens equipment in 1976. Tracks are in extremely good shape. We are the original owners of the Spryte. Has the 300 I - 6, Ford C6 trans and the OC12 rear end. J style grousers and belts look great. There are many extra parts that will be thrown in with the sale. The snow cat will be on the prairie village auction May 6th in Madison SD. If you are interested i can arrange a time to look at it before then. I will add pictures and parts list tonight or tomorrow along with current hr meter.

Thanks
Anthony

I will gladly txt or email pics to anyone.. can not get pictures to post keeps telling me that there is an invalid security token... machine has 2209 hrs and only approximately 5 on overhaul.. last one we sold on auction went for 2800

PJL

Try loading the pictures one or two at a time. For some reason loading a bunch at one time causes that error. I don't know the magic number but it will work. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My employer is selling a 1976 Thiokol Spryte. Engine has just been overhauled. Religiously performed regular maintenance. We have all service records and original books and documentation. Was bought from petersens equipment in 1976. Tracks are in extremely good shape. We are the original owners of the Spryte. Has the 300 I - 6, Ford C6 trans and the OC12 rear end. J style grousers and belts look great. There are many extra parts that will be thrown in with the sale. The snow cat will be on the prairie village auction May 6th in Madison SD. If you are interested i can arrange a time to look at it before then. I will add pictures and parts list tonight or tomorrow along with current hr meter.

Thanks
Anthony

2 man five man or ten man?

ssort

No relation with the seller, just helping him upload pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 600

nikos

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 580
We do have tracks for almost all of our 4 wheelers skidloaders atvs but they are no replacement for a cat. We actually have two tucker Terra's that replaced these machines..

Nikos and ssort thank you for help with pics!

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No interest myself. But, if a buyer was interested and didn't want the make the haul to Madison, SD with the chance of being out bid & having to come back empty handed, would they be able to have someone bid for them? Ah hem, anthonydoldd?:whistling:

if someone in my company said company policy-----I say your fired----that is stupid---daaaaaaaaaaaaaa-the last one sold for 2800.00---this cat is worth way more than that

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will wear that badge. :w00t2:
Anyone who puts over the snow machine out on snowmobile trails, to assist people too Frozen in illogic to function, can't be all that smart them-self.

Around here, (WI) a state grant program reimburses Groups of volunteers (clubs) for their volunteer service at $6.50 an hour for manual labor. $65 per hour for grooming 10' wide and 100 HP.

In my county, three individuals hold 18 clubs hostage for their funding by billing the crap out of them for the elusive (GROOMING).

A repurposed Tucker started my quest to assist these clubs and is now doing the same in a neighboring county at the hand of another FF member. With any luck this machine will be tasked with a 9'6" arrowhead drag (10' if the state is asking) on a segment of trails east of me.
It is not uncommon for these clubs to borrow money in summer to have a picnic to thank the land owners..... Sweet deals like this enable the Group to have some fun. the gear heads get to wrench on it, operators get to operate, and as funny as it sounds there is a huge bunch of pride that shows up when clubs can do it on their own.

a 1542, 318, 5 spd, ext cab, Tuckers rear trunion plate will not bend any further once this machine gets a hydraulic pump and controller. and a bigger benefit is more than one half an extra person will be able to ride along.....:flowers:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
one last post here then i'll start a new thread that will be searchable (maybe that is not necessary) thoughts on that?

I want to send out a serious thank you to a snow cat enthusiast that *gets it*

think about this from a little higher elevation.

• Snow cat is coming up for sale at community auction.
  • buy it and the community benefits and everything is good.
  • Simple flip-able purchase.

Instead

ff member posts it here for the ravenous consumers to salivate over and assists all in the process.

Years back I offered assistance to source a motor from a local saab horder, today I picked up a spryte, that endeavor took no fewer than four major steps of which I participated in one.

Anthony is straight up a good guy. they are few and far between and Here is a shout out and thank you to someone who gets it.
:wow:

random pictures...... sorry for the size and focus.

Attachments

• DSC04267.jpg
    DSC04267.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC04272.jpg
    DSC04272.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC04266.jpg
    DSC04266.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC04264.jpg
    DSC04264.jpg