• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 222 Kitten on Ebay

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There are quite a few snowcat for sale on eBay. One of the most interesting is a 1958 Tucker Sno-Cat 222 Kitten that looks to be in very nice condition. It appears to be a legit auction by a Utah car/vehicle auciton house.

I'm only including 3 photos but there are about a dozen photos in the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958...ategoryZ6737QQihZ011QQitemZ320068755202QQrdZ1

NO SNOW TOO DEEP..........NO ROAD TOO STEEP

This is a 1958 Tucker Sno-Cat "Sno-Kitten" Model 222. These babies are rare! The 222 Kitten is reputed to be the rarest of the early classic Tucker products with only 110 made from 1957 until 1962. This one starts, runs and operates great! The brakes are in good condition and the clutch is good. It hadn't been started for about 2 months and we put the key in and it fired right up without even thinking twice! Here's a few specs:
  • 2 Passenger Capacity
  • 650 LB Load Capacity
  • 1000 LB Trailer Capacity
  • 15 Gallon Fuel Capacity
  • Speeds: 3 &1 Reverse
  • 10 HP
  • 10 - 12 HP
  • Pontoon & Track Measurements: 18" x 85"
  • Turning Radius: Own Length
  • Overall Width: 4' 8"
  • Overall Length: 7' 8"
  • Overall Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 1575 LB
  • Please feel free to call our office at 866-360-8258 with any questions or for more information.

Attachments

• 4665_12.JPG
    4665_12.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 781
  • 40e2_12.JPG
    40e2_12.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 777
  • 47e5_12.JPG
    47e5_12.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 804

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
This Tucker Kitten was also listed in 12/06 and had a final bid of $7,000.00. Reserve was not met. :confused2: It does interest some people as there were 18 bids placed to get to the 7K figure. The question now is will it even get to $7,000.00 again? :confused2: From watching past auctions, I don't think they will get the response they had for the first auction as people now know or assume the reserve will be higher than the 7K that was bid in December. :my2cents:

12/06 Ebay Listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=320062488777

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Agree. I was surprised it made it to 7K yet didn't meet reserve. I've seen better go for less on eBay.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
AKdadio said:
Paint it black and you would have a Darth Vader helmut.

:yum: :poke:

Attachments

• 4719_12.JPG
    4719_12.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 697
  • darth-vader-deluxe-helmet.jpg
    darth-vader-deluxe-helmet.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 692

AKdadio

Oh, and a light modification to make the grill a triangle. Thanks B_Skurka for your assistance! Do these little guys work? I think they have like a 10 horse engine- would feel better to put a more modern engine in it. For 7k it seems a person should buy an Imp.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
AKdadio said:
Do these little guys work?
Well I have no experience with them, but the Forums does sell a DVD that contains quite a bit of film footage of Tucker 222 Kittens. The film clips show an amazingly capable little cat in deep snow and on swampy ground. Very manuverable and while it did show some porposing in the deep snow it managed to move along without any real difficulty. Link to the DVD thread: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=6198

As for the comparision to an Imp or similar small snowcat, I think a 222 would not be high on my list if I only could have 1 machine. But as a fun toy to have around, it would be a blast. I just don't like the tiny cabin and small payload area. But that is just my preference.

Lyndon had one for a while and now mtntopper has it. I think we have a couple other members who have real experience with them so maybe they can kick in an informed reply about the capabilities.