• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from a head cold.

Doing a little touch up work at our flip house.

Packing for our trip to North Carolina to meet up with my Russian fencer Dasha so she can compete in a major national fencing tournament ... and hopefully do well enough on Friday & Saturday to attract some attention from college recruiters. We leave for the airport late morning tomorrow, early afternoon flight and, assuming all flights are on time, our plane should land about 10 min before her’s touches down on the runway.

Hope your trip for Dasha works out for her.

Jim

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What did I do today? NOTHING!!!!

It started raining in the wee hours and it kept coming down all day. It still hasn't stopped. I did take the trash down to the front gate this morning but that's it. I spent the rest of the day playing on the internet, reading and oh! … I did take a short nap.

I also missed "Wings Wednesday" at Cowburners, our local BBQ place. Darn, those things are good but not good enough to go out in the pouring rain and cold blustery weather in order to get them.

I'm exhausted.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not a whole lot going on today. No appointments. Waiting on a few accessories for the truck to arrive at the border. Saved a bundle ordering online even with duty and shipping factored in. Why spend $500 on stuff here when I can get it for $150 online?

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The holidays were intense for me and the missus. Not only the family stuff but cleaning up the house from months of construction living. Up at 6:00 and bed by midnite get old after a while. But everything looks great. But at a cost. We are both exhausted.

Got home from work last night and fell asleep on the couch almost immediately. Slept thru until 6:00 this morning.

Wow! I guess I was tired.

Today is catchup on machinery repairs as we begin the new year. parts came in during the Holidays and my son has rejoined the company. So, I will be in mechanic mode for a few weeks. My favorite kind of work.

Today, we revive Obe One, our first machine we bought new and have had bought and sold at least three times over the last 40 years. It's been in moth balls for a couple of years. Not a museum piece but a good work horse. My favorite of all our lines. Like me it is old and a bit cranky, simple minded, not the fastest, but all mechanical and reliable as hell. And it is paid for.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Still raining. Woke up at 7:00 and heard the rain coming down, rolled over and went back to sleep. Crawled out of bed at almost 10:00. I didn't want to sleep through lunch. :)

I think that I'll go out to the shop this afternoon and piddle around for a few hours. Maybe at least I won't feel as if I've totally wasted another day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Would you believe? It was -32 yesterday and today it's freaking raining!!!!! I have never seen it rain in January up here in northern Ontario. So picture 2 feet of slush everywhere.

Canadian eh!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You must've passed it on to me.
Or I got the germs babysitting our grand girls. Sore throat, head ache, achy. Yuck.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope its not the same thing Dragonfly Lady just had. Her biggest fear was that she might live!

Horrid bug.
Yeah.
Mine looked like this.
:yum:

download.jpeg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to drive to Springfield MO this morning to deliver a hot load by 7:00 AM. Left the house at 2:00 for the 200 plus mile trip.

Went to take my coat off will in motion and must have wiggled a bit in the lane. Next thing I see is red and blue lights behind me. Cop thought I was drunk. Had to do the perp walk.

All he could smell on my breath was the tooth paste as had just showered, shaved and brushed the ivories. As politely as I could, I volunteered for the breath test which for his sake I would have to fail. At which point he got the message.

Nice kid just doing his job but one little lane wiggle????? GEEZ:unsure:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Be careful with that oral hygiene, Franc. As a shipmate discovered a few years back, many mouthwash products can cause you to fail a breathalyzer test! :hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Be careful with that oral hygiene, Franc. As a shipmate discovered a few years back, many mouthwash products can cause you to fail a breathalyzer test! :hammer:
I only use toothpaste. But he seemed to think it was candy mints to hide my drinking. Fact is, I shouldn't have to worry about what a cop smells on my breath. I don't drink and drive,,,; EVER!

I was more worried that he might have asked me to stand on one leg and touch my nose. That might have proven impossible.

Foristell MO is known for pulling people for bogus over just so they can run a check on them for wants and warrants. I came back clean. THAT should have ended the meeting right then and there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was up EARLY getting the weekly grocery shopping done.
Now that I'm feeling shipshape again, I'll resume my walking program.
Found out today, my eldest Grandie used her Christmas money to buy future Mommy a new parakeet to replace Fairy.
She bought a yellow and green one this time, so it wouldn't remind her.
:smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Quite day but steady. The tree came down. All decorations are stored in the garage. Worked on the snowblower a bit. The auger and sheer pins are rusted solid. Waiting for the oldest boy to fly home from Saskatchewan. He spent a week there. I have to go to the church later to play guitar at the 5pm service.

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After a quiet 3 days in a row, the next two aren't looking too exiting either. I promise to get back to work on Monday. I honestly do promise.

I've got some piddling planed for after lunch and then shut things down for football this afternoon and evening. Same tomorrow.

What an flurry of activity my life is. I love it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is pretty well shot. We've been cleaning up and putting Christmas away for the year. Met our new neighbors who wanted advice on a burning pit in their yard. Not only did they get construction advice but I had some extra bricks in dad's back yard.

Then I chopped wood with their 22 year old son who is just back from a stint in the Army. Nice kid who plans to help me stand a big log up on Sunday for the wood carver to come by and sculpt three owls out of the branched pieces. The piece weighs about 1200 lbs but when he is done it will only be about 350-450. That's a lot of oak woodchips on the front lawn. But the azaleas will love it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ended up being fairly busy. I went to play the 5pm service. Got home at 6. We had friends over for a game night.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be fairly busy. Church in the morning and since it's epiphany, we're doing a potluck lunch. Afterwards I head over to a seniors home to play guitar at a short service. From there, who knows.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to mass this morn.
Talked to the kids about the wedding next year.
I guess they are going to rent a Lamborghini Huracan during their honeymoon in Vegas.
Vegas?? Alllrighty then!

Had face time with the babies and will go see them during the week.
Back to work tomorrow night.

rugerman

Back in the hospital , I fell a few days ago and had to call the fire department to help me get up , the next morning I got to the bathroom sat down on the toilet, could not get off. So they took me to the hospital. They think that it was due to being taken off my arthritis meds to help fight a infection in my dialysis access. But now I also have clots in both legs so I am on a heparin IV with couamdin on the side to dissolve the clots. My wife can not get me up and with my arthritis I ‘m not much help so I guess I will be here till I get my legs back.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Back in the hospital , I fell a few days ago and had to call the fire department to help me get up , the next morning I got to the bathroom sat down on the toilet, could not get off. So they took me to the hospital. They think that it was due to being taken off my arthritis meds to help fight a infection in my dialysis access. But now I also have clots in both legs so I am on a heparin IV with couamdin on the side to dissolve the clots. My wife can not get me up and with my arthritis I ‘m not much help so I guess I will be here till I get my legs back.

So sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope the clots clear up soon.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Take care rugerman. I know how much it sucks being in the hospital with blood clots. I'll be praying for you.

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Jeez Rugerman, you don't have to look far for troubles, do you?

Squire, you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight and until you outta there and back home. I promise.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yawn. Lovely. Our second snow day in as many weeks. Today WAS supposed to be the first day back to school for the kids. Basically all schools and buses within an 8hour drive are closed due to the storm.

My body was telling me there was a storm coming. I was up till 4am. Fell asleep for 3hours. Up again.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was up early walking down to the pastry shop.
Kinda blows the whole purpose of walking, doesn't it?
:tongue:
Nothing major going on today.
Back to playing nursey tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.