• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Drive to Tyler to pick up new filters for the pool and parts to rebuild the pool pump. Get back home and start installing. Also have more familiarization with the new RV.

It's raining.

My plans are like Bob's .... FLUID.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Busting my @ss at work instead of enjoying the new sailboat like we planned. Cinco-de-Mayo is the official opening celebration at our new Harbor/Yatch club. And next Thursday is our 49th Wedding anniversary.

We were taking the week off to go sailing in the new sailboat, MOONRAKER. Meet our new friends on Saturday, and get the boat ready for my living aboard this summer.

I'm stuck here with a complicated project for an over demanding client.

And then there's Dad who's cancer has him in bed right now.:unsure:
He has visitors coming all next week to see him.

Proving once again that if you don't believe God has a sense of humor,,,; tell Him your plans.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lunched with my ladies at Fricker's .
:smile:

Attachments

• 20180504_123007-614x614.jpg
    20180504_123007-614x614.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 39

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another day of appointments. Getting sick and tired of all these appointments. Oh well. Gives me something to do.
Been feeling like crap all week. My family doctor took me off a medication on Monday. Cold turkey. No weaning off. Been VERY light headed dizzy and nauseous all week to the point where I threw up last night. I still have enough of the meds here for a couple weeks including 6 repeats so I've decided to restart the med until I see my dr again.

This seriously sucks and I can understand what people with addictions go through. I have to fly to Toronto on Sunday and as it stands right now, I won't be able to. I nearly throw up and pass out from standing too fast.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PLAN => Haircut ... Starbucks ... dropping off some fencing supplies at the high school ... probably chat with some of the fencing kids at lunch ... probably work on cleaning up garden debris this afternoon.

REALITY => anyone's guess, because plans rarely pan out

Well so far the plan has been going along with the exception of cleaning up the garden debris ... instead I've been calling potential landlords to try to find Melen an apartment for a summer internship.

But the haircut, Starbucks and dropped of the fencing gear all went as planned. Even had some spare time to stop at the store to pick up some carrots to go with Corned Beef & Cabbage that I have cooking now ... and chatted with a handful of the fencing kids during the short time I was at the high school dropping off the fencing gear.

AND SOMETHING GOOD has happened. Yesterday I was at the eye doctor for 2 hours getting every sort of exam they could give me for some pain in my right eye. They suspected they cut my lenses wrong and my pain is eye strain. Today I'm wearing my OLD glasses with the old prescription and my eye pain is REDUCED. Not gone. But I'll take any improvement I can get. Hopefully they get my new glasses fixed and that will solve my problem.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been feeling like crap all week. My family doctor took me off a medication on Monday. Cold turkey. No weaning off. Been VERY light headed dizzy and nauseous all week to the point where I threw up last night. I still have enough of the meds here for a couple weeks including 6 repeats so I've decided to restart the med until I see my dr again.

This seriously sucks and I can understand what people with addictions go through. I have to fly to Toronto on Sunday and as it stands right now, I won't be able to. I nearly throw up and pass out from standing too fast.

What type of medication, Brian?
Whether for pain or even something like an anti-depressive med, your doctor should KNOW that you should be weaned off.
Back in the 90s after my bad car crash I took Darvocet for 2 weeks.
Coming off that was misery.
Of course it's been banned by the FDA for years now.
Take care dear. No matter what.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
What type of medication, Brian?
Whether for pain or even something like an anti-depressive med, your doctor should KNOW that you should be weaned off.
Back in the 90s after my bad car crash I took Darvocet for 2 weeks.
Coming off that was misery.
Of course it's been banned by the FDA for years now.
Take care dear. No matter what.
Pristiq 100mg. It's an antidepressant but also acts as a nerve block for crps. My flare ups actually got worse with the med which is why he wants me to stop it.

Seriously in the past two weeks my crps flares have looked like this on the medication. The muscles and tendons in my foot burn and tighten so much that I can't straighten my foot.
3f5453553f07173163a4083cf87d4c12.jpg
7afd251422ec213a4da9828ca78491fe.jpg
9fb170c6db8e87ca01bfc0cf65d22722.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
And I have to fly to Toronto sunday for more medical appointments from the accident to provide yet more proof to the insurance that I'm pretty much screwed.

How it works up here anyways is most insurance companies provide up to 50k for rehabilitation costs following an accident. If you're deemed to have more than a total body impairment of 55% or more, the benefits bump up to $1000000 which could include a new house, vehicle etc to allow you to live as close to normal as before you were injured. Right now, they already agree that I can never return to work. But they're saying that I'm only 51% impaired according to the doctors reports they contracted out last year. Of course those results only give the minimum percentage to work in their favor. So my lawyer is sending me for more assessments to combat their decision. This is totally separate from the whole lawsuit against the other drivers involved in the accident.

Frustrating.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pristiq 100mg. It's an antidepressant but also acts as a nerve block for crps. My flare ups actually got worse with the med which is why he wants me to stop it.

Seriously in the past two weeks my crps flares have looked like this on the medication. The muscles and tendons in my foot burn and tighten so much that I can't straighten my foot.

Oh darn that looks miserable. I'm pretty surprised they didn't taper you off the meds. Sorry to see this type of treatment, hopefully a few phone calls to the doctor can get you some other sort of relief.

... But they're saying that I'm only 51% impaired according to the doctors reports they contracted out last year. Of course those results only give the minimum percentage to work in their favor. So my lawyer is sending me for more assessments to combat their decision. This is totally separate from the whole lawsuit against the other drivers involved in the accident.

Frustrating.
Here in the USA this would be about the time that you'd hire a specialty lawyer who would find several doctors that would bump you up to 55% and get you the extra benefits. Not sure if that is a possibility in the Canadian health system. But it might be something to consider?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh darn that looks miserable. I'm pretty surprised they didn't taper you off the meds. Sorry to see this type of treatment, hopefully a few phone calls to the doctor can get you some other sort of relief.

Here in the USA this would be about the time that you'd hire a specialty lawyer who would find several doctors that would bump you up to 55% and get you the extra benefits. Not sure if that is a possibility in the Canadian health system. But it might be something to consider?
That's what these assessments are for. To bump it up over 55%. My lawyer figures I'll end up around 61%

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We never did grocery shop.
Ali and I will do that tonight after Ty gets home.
Noah will cover for him for a couple of hrs in case they need dispatched wreckers.

It's always easier to shop at night after the girls are in bed.
Kroger and Meijer aren't as crowded either.

There is a cruise in for classic cars going on downtown, many of them have been going down our road then back to drive along the river by the dam.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It rained just about all day so , my fluid plans got even more fluid. No Tyler and no pool stuff. I'll get it done tomorrow morning ... or maybe next week. Who cares except me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went for a ride with my brother to the border to exchange a set of rims for his racecar yesterday. Made me about 99% certain my next truck won't be dodge. 2 lightweight rims in the box and the suspension almost bottomed out with those coil springs.

Today is last minute packing for toronto tomorrow. And playing the 5pm service.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went for a ride with my brother to the border to exchange a set of rims for his racecar yesterday. Made me about 99% certain my next truck won't be dodge. 2 lightweight rims in the box and the suspension almost bottomed out with those coil springs.

Today is last minute packing for toronto tomorrow. And playing the 5pm service.

Hope you're feeling better this morning Brian.
:smile:

Today there will be lawn mowing, takes hours to get it done.
Ty is "off" for the weekend, but that doesn't mean anything .. if that phone rings, he has to go.
I think we may be grilling this evening.
Last night Ali and I shopped for an hour at Kroger and came home with 18 bags.lol

These goofballs woke me early this morning.
Right outside the bedroom window.
:yum:

Attachments

• 20180505_064446-614x614.jpg
    20180505_064446-614x614.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180505_064729-768x467.jpg
    20180505_064729-768x467.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 60

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Feeling a bit better today. Taking just one pill yesterday afternoon took care of the dizziness and lightheadedness.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
this parade went by-- i know 1 guy that they put to leading that parade, so i'll see it's purpose via him/his daughter/--

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Two little girls got a wagon ride.
8 times around the pond.

Attachments

• 20180505_181511-217x232.jpg
    20180505_181511-217x232.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 57

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Last minute packing this morning. 3 of the kids left yesterday. Have to drop off our 3 fosters at 2 different homes this morning for respite. Our oldest is staying at the house with a friend of ours to watch the dogs.

Flying to Toronto this afternoon. I despise that place. It's basically a cesspool of east indian immigrants.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last minute packing this morning. 3 of the kids left yesterday. Have to drop off our 3 fosters at 2 different homes this morning for respite. Our oldest is staying at the house with a friend of ours to watch the dogs.

Flying to Toronto this afternoon. I despise that place. It's basically a cesspool of east indian immigrants.

You mean the Indo-Canadians?
I know the feeling from the "Asian Brits" I used to deal with.

I'm not doing much today, but relax then work this evening.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Actually up here it's technically discriminatory to even call them that. We're now supposed to call them "new canadians" according to our fruitloop mr "people kind" prime minister.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Actually up here it's technically discriminatory to even call them that. We're now supposed to call them "new canadians" according to our fruitloop mr "people kind" prime minister.
Peeps in England very casually referred to anyone else as Paki's, darkies,Chinkies...etc.
Sheesh!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I will never understand what people find so fascinating about toronto. Our hotel is right next to the 401 highway. It's been a steady stream of traffic since we checked in yesterday. Seriously though. People pay upwards of a million dollars for a tiny one bedroom condo then have to commute 2 hours each way to get to work. By the time you get home at night, it's time for bed so you can get up and do it all over again. It's existing. Not living.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
99c4c1dceafe296b417e22b6f2fac160.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will never understand what people find so fascinating about toronto. Our hotel is right next to the 401 highway. It's been a steady stream of traffic since we checked in yesterday. Seriously though. People pay upwards of a million dollars for a tiny one bedroom condo then have to commute 2 hours each way to get to work. By the time you get home at night, it's time for bed so you can get up and do it all over again. It's existing. Not living.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hope your Doctor’s appointment goes well.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes they do and my father, to his dying day, called all Americans "Yanks". :yum::yum::yum:

I got called a Yank several times by my elderly neighbour ladies in Normanton.
Didn't bother me a bit.
It was all in good fun and they loved asking me questions about America.
Now the paper shop dudes in the city center were brash. Pakistanis they were.
Speaking in their own language with Yank thrown in.
Again, at least I spoke the Queen's proper English.

Anywho.. today is weed whacking around the property, laundry, housework and getting boxes together for a big garage sale next weekend.
Another doofus rammed the south Clinton St. viaduct in a truck, ignoring the sign for clearance. That had sonny boy running out the door early this morning...
Cussing a blue steak.
I think I heard something about fuqing idiots..
:yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mowing. Light rain the past few days has really made the grass grow fast. I would have mowed Saturday but rain stopped that. Now it's past due so mowing will be even more of a chore. At least the sun is shinning and temps in the 60's.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ali got the weed whacking done.
All of it.
She's got a sunburn now.
I got the laundry nearly finished, wrestled the girls in the bath, put them to nap then dusted and vacuumed.
Whew!
At this point I think it's time for both of us to sit down and relax for a while.
:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.