• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Propane heater has a smell ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Its a ProCom ventless. I have had excellent results in the past but the new one I just put in at the apartment has a smell like it is too rich burning ? Burns the eyes . I am thinking maybe they shipped me a natural Gas unit by accident . I have changed it out to see if it makes a difference . Any ideas ????

snow dog

I think a Propane furnace man has tools and gauges to adjust the fuel flow so that all the fuel is burned.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Your tank regulator may need the pressure adjusted. The burner may need the valve adjusted as well. How tightly insulated is the place? You may need a small pipe in from outside to provide fresh air to get good combustion.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Your tank regulator may need the pressure adjusted. The burner may need the valve adjusted as well. How tightly insulated is the place? You may need a small pipe in from outside to provide fresh air to get good combustion.

This is a ventless right? No pipe from the out side should be needed.

I would say that the combustion is not efficient.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
elevation do you have similar heaters at that elevation ventless heaters do not like elevation at all.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
How tight is the house? These ventless things depend on a house leaking to provide combustion air.
I am very afraid of these ventless devices. Please make sure you have a loud CO or an O2 alarm.

luv2weld

SUPER Site Supporter
I agree with mbsieg.
It is probably elevation. You can change the orifice.
Call them and talk to their tech support.

Ralph