• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Set YUR Clocks back an hour!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did the kitchen clock, I will the clock beside the bed before I turn in, which will be around.. ohhhhh 2am? which will actually then be 1am, which means I've gained an hour of sleep which never seems to make a difference anywho.
:dizzy: thanks for the reminder Fishstick.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
OHHH!!!! Replace all the batteries on the fire detectors and CO2 detectors!!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Daylight Saving Time has to be the stupidest idea mankind has ever come up with.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Im not to thrilled about it either. The time-space continuum bleeds energy and causes a rift. :ermm:

D

darroll

Daylight Saving Time has to be the stupidest idea mankind has ever come up with.

LMAO..
My other PC changed the time back a week or two ago.
Thats the one that I won't let on the net (too Young)
Plus it's secure that way. No secret stuff and no viruses..
d

AndyM

Charter Member
The local television station has the time and temperature in the bottom corner of the screen next to their logo during their newscast. They forgot to set their clock back.

If they can't report on the time correctly (at least within a minute), how can you trust the rest of their news?

EDIT: Now she just reported that our day today was an hour shorter. This is funnier than the time the weather guy said he heard lightning.

EDIT: They finally fixed the clock 15 minutes into the newscast.

Last edited:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Had to do ours a few weeks back....man this is a pain in the behind.

needed a holiday after finding out how all the gizmo's adjust in my house.:chris:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I have changed all but one. I need to get the batteries for the smoke alarms..:hide: I have changed them since the last time change though.. since I did not get it done AT the time change.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
on a serious note check the batteries they do save lives...

one of my first jobs was for a fire prevention company......i worked up from making fire extinguisher's to being part of team that designed developed made and installed fire detecting equipment for oil rigs...that im proud.

not sure where im going with this just looked back and remembered a rewarding job.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
OHHH!!!! Replace all the batteries on the fire detectors and CO2 detectors!!

How to Disable a Smoke Detector

Click image to enlarge​
This photo was taken at 3:45 a.m. after a house fire. The smoke detector was mounted on the ceiling in a hallway. All the occupants survived, no thanks to the smoke detector-one of them had awakened and noticed a glow in her kitchen.
Any why didn't the smoke detector get credit for this save? Take a gander at the photo and see if you can tell what crucial item is missing.
Hint: It is rectangular and they sell them at grocery stores and hardware stores.
The change to daylight savings time is recommended as a good opportunity to change your smoke-detector batteries. Of course, you have to have an old battery in there first in order to change it.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

Jiminy crickets, this has been discussed before. In fact, you pretty much called me out on it last spring...:furious:

It is cheap insurance. Ya, batteries might last a lot longer. But a few batteries may make the difference in saving your house, and your family.

Maybe the battery went dead before you noticed it chirp.

Have you checked to see if the the detector is past it's prime; most are only good for 5 years, some for 10 years. Some need dusting. And, they need testing to make sure they work(test button); sometimes they just fail.

If you either don't care, or don't worry, why do you reply to these posts?

As a Firefighter/EMT, I have seen houses where the detector did not work. One was my neighbors. Fortunately, her, and her three daughters got out ok.

That is why!
Your WIFE
Your DAUGHTER
Your SON
YOU

Not to mention, the fire/rescue crews that have to go in to save your butt when the worst happens.

That, is why!

Any other questions, go volunteer at your local childrens burn hospital for a day.