• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Talk about wet

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
It started raining about 8:00 am this morning. It has been coming down pretty hard all day. It is now 11:00pm and we have over 5" of rain. A neighboring town is now on the news channel and they are telling everyone to get out. I am heading up to our cabin to get my dock and boat lift out of the water. This is a rain we wished we would have had a month or so ago as we were in a severe drought. We have had a lot of rain in the last two weeks.

murph

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I hear ya!!! We're getting rain now we needed 6 weeks ago for the wheat/barley crop. All it's doing now is bringing on second growth,which if there's too much of we'll have to wait 'til after frost to harvest the barley.
Mike

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
We have had so much rain this year with serious flooding in several areas. It has caused the cancellation of many shows and events and as I write it is still raining. The weather this year has been atrocious in the UK and personally I am wondering if it is ever going to stop - why can't it be a bit of summer and save all the rain till winter time and then get cold and give us some SNOW?

Cityboy

Banned
I think we may have you beat as far as being wet! We have cars, a bus and a couple of tractor trailers just get washed off I-40 near OKC!! :4_11_9:

The news is live and I've not seen anything like this since the big Georgia flood in 1994. It has sure been wet since we moved out here.

Wow! Several lakes are flooding over their spill-ways, and you can bet the streams around here will crest soon.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We have 4 confirmed dead and 2 missing right now. 4 area cities have done a complete evacuation as they have had up to 17" in 24 hours. We have about 7" here where I live. A couple of dykes have broken and really made things a mess. Our governor has flown to the area.

murph

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck! Hope it doesn't get any worse. We've been pretty lucky this summer. Had rain on and off all summer but no signifigant amounts to speak of. Our thing up here is forest fires and we've hardly had any of those this summer due to the wet conditions.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
as they have had up to 17" in 24 hours. We have about 7" here where I live. A couple of dykes have broken and really made things a mess. Our governor has flown to the area.
Murph,

Did you need to send it to me?

We started getting rain a couple days ago. Enough to saturate (about 2-3").

Well, today... we got a little more. Approx. 6" in less than an hour. Well, I was at the MD, getting an EKG when I got the call from Mrs. Zoom. The nurse was understanding but I do now wonder about the results considering my mindset at the time.

I was told (while getting the EKG) about my house, building... being flooded. Trailers, 3PH equipment... were all on the move (from the rain, not from being attached).

Well, I ended the MD visit quickly, cancelled my daughters MD visit (which was to follow) and zoomed home.

What a F***ing mess. I'm just now finishing. I won't go into details but it entailed ripping up carpet, completely gutting several rooms...

Oh, we're expected to get more, every day for the next week.

Just for the heck of adding a little more, my neighbor/friend is out of town. I needed to take care of his place as well. Luckily, his place came out better.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Murph,

Did you need to send it to me?

I can't say that I sent it to you? But I can tell you your getting more:poke: based on what went on here today. And what is suppose to happen the next few days. I feel sorry for the ones south of us.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Follow this Link. Watch the slides. There is 3 slides from Minnesota in there, Elba, Minnesota City and Goodview. I will try and find some more pics.

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't say that I sent it to you? But I can tell you your getting more:poke: based on what went on here today.
Gee, thanks.

Mrs. Zoom finally cried herself to sleep. Her anguish of watching a whole bunch of her stuff get ruined overcame her.

I told her it's only "stuff" and the fact we're (the kids and us) are fine calmed her down some but it's still depressing to her.

I was talking with the neighbor wife and luckily, her kids saw it coming and screamed as she was standing in her yard when a flash-flood came through and a wave of water came right through their yard. Luckily, she was able to run up hill enough to get out of its path.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Follow this Link. Watch the slides. There is 3 slides from Minnesota in there, Elba, Minnesota City and Goodview. I will try and find some more pics.

murph
Your conditions are worse. Ours were very localized. I was 10 miles south and they didn't get much. Our neighborhood got leveled where it's similar to your pics but being a "small town", we don't get the press.