• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombi BR100 - zerk grease fitting

HartsHaven

I am about to start some work on a Bombi BR100 that I recently purchased. I don't have much info about her but I think she's a late 70s, early 80s model BR100. So here is my dilemma: someone previously removed the zerk fittings, and I obviously need them to add grease to tension the tracks. I haven't had any luck finding the correct zerk size fitting. The manual that I've found just mentions "zerk fitting" but not a size. Would any of you be able to tell me some information, where I could find info as to the size for those fittings? Thank you...in advance...for your time.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am about to start some work on a Bombi BR100 that I recently purchased. I don't have much info about her but I think she's a late 70s, early 80s model BR100. So here is my dilemma: someone previously removed the zerk fittings, and I obviously need them to add grease to tension the tracks. I haven't had any luck finding the correct zerk size fitting. The manual that I've found just mentions "zerk fitting" but not a size. Would any of you be able to tell me some information, where I could find info as to the size for those fittings? Thank you...in advance...for your time.

Should be 1/8" pipe thread get good ones so they don't leak back under high pressure

What we usually do is use a deep socket 7/16 and shove some paper towels in the socket so the zerk can't go inside and the threads are sticking out start by hand so not to cross thread

It may be possible your were broken off too and you are seeing the grease hole but there is still part of the old fitting in the housing.

HartsHaven

Tried the 1/8" and 1/4", neither are big enough...3/8" is too big...having a hard time finding anything in between!!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tried the 1/8" and 1/4", neither are big enough...3/8" is too big...having a hard time finding anything in between!!

I think your missing a piece. On some of the newer ones there is a large threaded piece that goes into the body of the adjuster and the zerk screws I to it.
It's made to release the grease pressure without having to take the zerk out

HartsHaven

I think your missing a piece. On some of the newer ones there is a large threaded piece that goes into the body of the adjuster and the zerk screws I to it.
It's made to release the grease pressure without having to take the zerk out
Thank you. I was afraid that I might be missing something. I have a parts manual that just shows just the zerk fitting; however I don't know the year of the Bombi and certainly the parts manual may not match the year. I just purchased the Bombi and it came with the manual. Is there a way to determine the year? Once I do know the year, is there any chance I will find these parts or am I going to have to come up with another approach? One thought was to remove the adjuster and drill and thread for a 3/8" zerk.

HartsHaven

Welding a nut on to it sounds like a good idea. I see a nut at the front of the adjuster that holds it on, but I am not sure what holds the back end on. Does anyone know what it takes to remove the adjuster? Are there any gotchas that I should look out for? Thank you!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
they are pretty simple I have rebuilt them in the past just have to pull a couple of pins Boggie has the kits with new o rings and cup. pretty easy fix I would spend the small amount of money to do it now rather than after years of grease have oozed out covering every thing up.