• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac on Velocity channel

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday I went to the screening of a show filmed here in my part of the state of Iowa. A local director sold 8 episodes of a show called "Extreme car hunters" to the Velocity channel. It is to start in some time in April. The episode that I am in with the Snow Trac is the 7th show. It is actually about them trying to buy my 72 Trans Am, but they wanted to also work the Snow Trac into the show as well.

Turned out pretty well too. These guys are having a great time doing this, and there is quite a bit of humourous goings on through out the 8 shows they shot. I hope the public will enjoyed it as much as we did sipping drinks as we watched it yesterday. :biggrin: I may post the date of the show I am involved in, when I know that bit of information...

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds pretty cool. I don't get the Velocity Channel at home, but its part of the package at the cigar lounge so I know where I will be watching!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The show that the Snow Trac is on has started airing...

The episode of Extreme Auto Hunters that it will be on is the 7th show. If I have done my the calender correctly, July 2nd should be the day..

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Next Wednesday is the day, the 16th. 7:00 PM CST...

A Snow Trac on TV... Not every day you get to see that!:brows::biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I will have to look and see if Direct tv has that channel. I seldom look at the menu since I remember the channels I watch.:whistling:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That's cool, do you think that a Kristi will ever make it to a show ?
Maybe trailering with Al ? :flowers:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
246 on dish
looking it up may be hard because it isn't called Extreme car hunters.
try Extreme auto hunters

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It aired last night, and Dan (the buyer of my car) and I took it for a ride after the show... And some how this AM I am a bit hung over..:ermm:

We met the rest of the cast at a local bar. We had a good time for sure.:biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was not able to watch.

My father however did and called me to say there was a "groomer like yours on the TV"

I expect you to wear sun glasses next time I see you.

Miek

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It will be shown again this weekend in the morning on Saturday I believe. And I think next Wednesday as well. They replay one episode, air a new one each week. Several chances to see it.

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Caught the episode last night at 10.00 PM pretty cool footage. Looks like you have the steering dialed right in. Turned some pretty close doughnuts.

Did anybody ever tell you you look like DB Cooper? Let's see you bought the snowtrac in Washington did you pay with cash? :brows:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Caught the episode last night at 10.00 PM pretty cool footage. Looks like you have the steering dialed right in. Turned some pretty close doughnuts.

Did anybody ever tell you you look like DB Cooper? Let's see you bought the snowtrac in Washington did you pay with cash? :brows:

I get told I look like some one alot... Trouble is it is a different person each time:ermm:...

The steering on the Snow Trac is working very well indeed. In Michgans 4' snow it turned without hesitation too.:clap: It has a pretty new Goodyear belt, that I hand washed in warm soapy water before I installed it. Also degreased the variator sheeves with brake clean before installing.

The reason to wash the belt is to remove the parting compound left on the surface. This parting compound will act like glue, holding the rubber dust against the sheeves, reducing traction. This goo makes a mess too... Leaned this from a diehard snowmobile racer....

Tension is correct as well, and this is very important.

I payed for the ST4 with cash, in the form of a check...:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can see the show tonight at 7:00 fallowed by all the episodes shown so far. Then again at 10:00, then they play them all again....

If you cann't catch it tonight, it will run again Wednesday night at 7:30 as the 2nd show that night....

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that you sold it what goes in the garage now?? By the way you are still a kid with all your hair and no grey in it!:whistling:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, what do you know...:smile:

A member here sold his Snow Trac because the buyer saw mine on the show...

He hunted one for a bit with no luck, and hired a guy to find one for him...

The nice yellow "master" machine wasn't really for sale per say.. But money talks.:whistling:

I hope the buyer will become a member here as well. It is kind of a "club" we Snow Trac owners are in..:flowers:

Question, Should I expect some sort of a commission on the sale?:wink::flowers::flowers:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited: