• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: Tucker 1344 or 1342

waterman

I am looking for a Tucker 1342 or a 1344, I need a short snow cat that doesn't weigh alot. I would like to get one with the tracks and bogie wheels in good condition, I would like to get the 4 man cab but I could modify a 2 man cab.
Thanks, Brent
559-240-4979

waterman

Thanks, I have seen that one, I am waiting to see whar the reserve is, I would like to get one closer to ca.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I think Bill Guthrie (forum name snotrans) has one of each for sale. You can check out his website snotrans.com for more information (no affiliation).

However, I wouldn't classify a Tucker as being either "short" or "light weight". If you go to Safety One's website you can search through their library of snow cat brochures to compare specs. I would also have doubts about the performance of a short track Tucker in deep snow.

Lastly, as someone who has "re-cabbed" a Tucker, I think you are better off buying a four door than modifying a two door. While the steel and aluminum are relatively cheap, all the other parts will add up to a surprisingly high number, and the time required is also significant. Of course that assumes you do a first class job.