• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Am I missing something here?

Caitlin

It was reported here in the UK today that there will be GCSE courses in parenting for school children who either plan on becoming parents or who are ALREADY pregnant/got girlfriend pregnant. They'll get the standard certificate on completion and there's NO lower age limit on the course, so girls as young as 12 have apparently already taken/started the course. School boys who are due to be fathers will also be encouraged to take the course.

There are already 40,000 teenage girls a YEAR in the UK who fall pregnant and decide to have their babies. So now the Government has decided to pat them on the back and give them a qualification for it...wonder how many we'll have next year?

Ok, is this madness or am I missing some point here?

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My dear friend, there is a school in our area that has daycare, for students! children learn from the wrong people about sex and responsibility, and yes our government, like yours apparently supports this in some ways.

Caitlin

My dear friend, there is a school in our area that has daycare, for students! children learn from the wrong people about sex and responsibility, and yes our government, like yours apparently supports this in some ways.

Danny, we've had special education units here for pregnant school girls since I was a teenager at least. (I only know that coz my stupid baby sister hit 13 and decided it would be really cool to be a baby making machine and had 2 by 16 and 4 by 18!)

Considering the age of consent for sex here is 16...which I personally think is too young...you'd think they could at least wait!

Glad to know it's not just me who thinks this is crazy! :flowers:

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I dont know about in the UK but here the tv is full of shows that encourage sex and the children are encouraged to read but if u look at what they read its full of titalating passages too ..........even the tv comericals are just about all sexualy orenited......I'm not knocking sex but for goodness sake.....let them get grown enough to know how to handle it.......

Caitlin

I dont know about in the UK but here the tv is full of shows that encourage sex and the children are encouraged to read but if u look at what they read its full of titalating passages too ..........even the tv comericals are just about all sexualy orenited......I'm not knocking sex but for goodness sake.....let them get grown enough to know how to handle it.......

I agree duflochy.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Danny, we've had special education units here for pregnant school girls since I was a teenager at least. (I only know that coz my stupid baby sister hit 13 and decided it would be really cool to be a baby making machine and had 2 by 16 and 4 by 18!)

Considering the age of consent for sex here is 16...which I personally think is too young...you'd think they could at least wait!

Glad to know it's not just me who thinks this is crazy! :flowers:

dont just push the sis around, there was a dude invovled with the births.........and they are just as much blame.

Caitlin

dont just push the sis around, there was a dude invovled with the births.........and they are just as much blame.

Actually, though I wasn't amused at the time, I did fully support her...stood between her and our father who not only wanted to kill her but force her to have an abortion...always took night feeds etc...supported her all I could coz she was stupid but young.

And yes, those men SHOULD have known better as they were all 35+ years old!

I just get real irritated when I think of it, as when her eldest daughter (who was 16, married and working) fell pregnant...my sister went off the wall at her instead of passing on the kind of support I showed her.

I guess that's a bit sanctimonious of me getting mad at it, but I'm not perfect and do have my weak points where my blood maybe boils a little too much.

:flowers:

GreenWannabe

When I was a senior in high school, one of the girls in my bookkeeping class confided in me that she was pregnant. It was springtime, and she was hoping against hope that whe would not start showing before graduation, because she would be expelled if she did. Teen sex and pregnancies are not a new thing, but seem much more prevalent now. But then it goes along with the general breakdown of the moral fiber in other aspects of our society.

BTW, I'm thinking about going to my 50th class reunion this summer....

Fred