• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Albino Deer Fawn

JimR

Charter Member
I heard this came from the Bolivar Penninsula, TX.

Attachments

• Albinodeer.jpg
    Albinodeer.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 136

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
and I hope whoever has it, takes it to a shelter that can care for it. In the wild it might not live long, since it can not hide well.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Pretty cute for a future antlered rat. Why do deer have to look so nice yet eat everything in their path?

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
bc, you kill that one and you will be getting three hots and a cot for a long time. That is a true albino, see the red eyes. Highly protected and illegal as hell to kill in most states.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
ddrane2115 said:
bc, you kill that one and you will be getting three hots and a cot for a long time. That is a true albino, see the red eyes. Highly protected and illegal as hell to kill in most states.

OK, Kill it discretely. They're evil. This ones just pretending to be cute. It really wants to eat all your roses and fancy shrubbery and tell it's 500 cousins about your place so they can all come over.

Nature wouldn't let it live very long. Why should we? :D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Come to Indiana, Albino deer are not protected here.

2 albino deer were taken in the fall 2005 season. One was taken illegally, the poacher who shot it was caught and is being prosecuted. The other was a legal kill. Albino deer occur naturally, about 1 in every 100,000 born are albino. Given the extreme over population of deer we have in parts of Indiana, that would likely indicate we have more white rats-with-antlers this year than the ecosystem can reasonably support. I know in the northern part of the state the wildlife biologists have had to fence off areas to protect rare and endangered PLANTS because deer are eating everything to keep from starving to death!

It strikes me that laws to prevent the hunting of albino deer are silly and based on junk science. Albino deer are neither endangered nor facing extinction, they are naturally occurring in a small % of births and as the birth rate goes up, the number of albinos born increases, while as the birthrate goes down the number of albinos goes down, but the % stays the same!!!

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
We have a trio by the land. A mother and last year's twins, all full albino. Here in Wisconsin they are illeagle to shoot, but awfully neat to see. Kinda tough to see with the snow right now, but, in the summer they stand right out.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
OK, Kill it discretely. They're evil. This ones just pretending to be cute. It really wants to eat all your roses and fancy shrubbery and tell it's 500 cousins about your place so they can all come over.

Easy solution, plant corn, clover, and some cover crops in the winter, they will leave you alone. they also love apples, nuts, and persimmons. Nature is not a killer or a hunter, it is what they and we live in. it is also natural for a wild animal to defend itself, but these being a "freak" of nature have no natural defenses. It should be protected.

humor_me

PBinWA said:

If I found one of those, I'd probably give it to the zoo so people from all over could benefit from it.
Can you see this little guy in the petting zoo with kids all around him?:thumb:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ddrane2115 said:
it is also natural for a wild animal to defend itself, but these being a "freak" of nature have no natural defenses. It should be protected.
Then again concept of natural selection would suggest that the species would be stronger and healthier if the undesireable traits were culled (either by predators or by hunters) from the gene pool. Albino deer are a natural abberation that cannot effectively survive on their own, if they breed they weaken the gene pool further. Protecting them is actually a disservice to animals and perpetuates problems by passing on undesirable trait weaknesses.

Now I've never hunted deer, and have no desire to start now, but I look at the reality of nature and see no logical biological reason to protect freaks of nature. I also look at the fact that we humans have eliminated wolves (a natural predator to deer) and we have eliminated black bear from a large range of their habitat and black bear compete with whitetail deer for some food sources; the combination contribute to the fact that deer are dramatically over populated in most states, having herd sizes at historical record highs in most areas.

It just makes no sense to me to protect this creature when it wouldn't naturally survive and when its species is already a seriously stressed population levels.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
B_Skurka said:
Then again concept of natural selection would suggest that the species would be stronger and healthier if the undesireable traits were culled (either by predators or by hunters) from the gene pool. Albino deer are a natural abberation that cannot effectively survive on their own, if they breed they weaken the gene pool further. Protecting them is actually a disservice to animals and perpetuates problems by passing on undesirable trait weaknesses.

Based on your theory, should we do the same with albino humans..... withold medical treatment so they don't survive and weaken the gene pool????
Now I've never hunted deer, and have no desire to start now, but I look at the reality of nature and see no logical biological reason to protect freaks of nature.

Who will protect these freaks of nature if not for us humans??? Don't they have the same G-d given right to life as the normal people????

It just makes no sense to me to protect this creature when it wouldn't naturally survive and when its species is already a seriously stressed population levels.

What if this were a child???????? What if this were your child???? Would it make sense then?????

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob,

Really sorry you feel that way. This Freak of nature is just as healthy as any other deer in the woods. It can not protect itself at this SIZE because it does not have the the NATURAL protection spots give it.

some other freaks of nature are shown here.

the white tiger is not bred, they are born just as yellows are, in the same family, just some are white

the black leopard.......yes again leopard, not panther...........born to families of black spotted yellows, in fact did you know that the spots are from the skin not the fur.

the full grown tiger was kept 14 years in a 40x90 cage for a circus. Allowed out to breed and preform...............she was left to die when they decided she could not work any more.............bastards.

Again, sorry you feel as you do, these are not sick, nor do they have any deformaties, other than their natural defenses are not present.

Attachments

• image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 94
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 93
  • ZavataHouse.jpg
    ZavataHouse.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 93

HGM

Now, Junk....

You cannot compare an animal to a human. We have been relying on animals and other living things to support our lives since the begining of time.. Thats why they're here and have not evolved into our competition.. These general, "save every living thing" ideas come from the Walt Disney ideal of talking deer, mice, dogs, etc... Its a fantasy world that so many people cannot sepparate from real life..:pat: I'm going out on a limb here, but would you build a 20' fence arround a pink cow so he had the right to live without being ridiculed by the others???

As for people, to the extreme,yes, some people should never be born.. I dont meanthis in a cruel way or even sarcastic.. Think of some children who, when born, are entirely incapable of taking care of themselves.. I mean truly incapable, not just a minor defect.. These poor children are brought into this world out of our selfishness.. Noone would want to abort their offspring because of a serious condition, afterall it is a living thing that you have created.. The fact of the matter is that such a genetic defect would not only be a burden to society in general, but think of how unfair it is to the individual that they are brought into this world never being able to think or maybe even breath on their own.. These deformities can be ID'd before birth.. Why should they suffer through maybe 10yrs with no hope of living much longer? Would you want to be hooked up on a machine for the rest of your life, because someone thought, (bedridden)on your deathbed, that you should be able to "live" untill you turned 100?

Sorry for the bluntness, but I have seen children suffer, its not fair to anyone..

These deer are just that, deer..If they are a source of food, eat them.. He's not a Unicorn, he's a deer..BTW, what would nature do if man were not arround to correct its mistakes? Some things we just need to leave alone..

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junk . . . I'm not falling for the concept you bring up. Your effort to humanize an animal is pointless and based solely on emotion. Just like Walt Disney's Bambi.

Danny . . . I'm not being cruel, mean or heartless, I simply advocate that we let nature takes its course and that would imply that we do not set up some special protected class for that animal. To argue that it should be a protected animal so people can see it is bogus because 99% of the population will never see it. And that is a fact for several reasons . . . most people don't venture into the woods looking for deer . . . most white deer die early anyway . . . the combination of those two facts mean that these animals are not seen.

If you want to capture one and put it in a zoo, I would actually support that, I have absolutely no problem with that. Heck I might go look at it. It is totally different to argue protecting these animals in a zoo or wildlife area versus banning banning hunting of them in the wild.

As for the comparision with a white tiger/etc, that again is bogus. The white fawn is an albino, the white tiger is not. Albinos have skin that is sun sensitive as well as eyes that are not only weaker but cannot tolerate many light conditions. In a word, a white deer is 'prey' in the wild. For the folks who want to set up anti-hunting laws to protect these animals are doing nothing for them because most of them are killed or die early in their life, a few make it to adulthood but not many.

I support and admire your volunteer work with the rare cats that were rescued from abusive homes, but that is totally different than wildborn animals left to their own devices.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Based on your theory, should we do the same with albino humans..... withold medical treatment so they don't survive and weaken the gene pool????

No but they are also not as likely to mate with some other ideal genetic specimen (I'll leave that definition up to some one else). Haven't seen many Albino movie stars lately. Maybe there are a bunch of really smart Albino's some where but the point is that I don't hear about women who just lust after Albino's.

Junkman said:
Who will protect these freaks of nature if not for us humans??? Don't they have the same G-d given right to life as the normal people????

Albinoism(sp?) is a recessive gene and is considered a genetic disease. Why should we "play god" and try to protect them. They are getting preferential treatment under the law and are weakening the gene pool if they are able to breed. Theoretically, this protection by meddling men could result in increasing numbers of albino deer that would ultimately require additional support by humans to exist instead of the gene pool getting stronger and they being better able to thrive with out human intervention.

Junkman said:
What if this were a child???????? What if this were your child???? Would it make sense then?????

It's not a human. Don't try to humanize it - it's a flawed and weak argument. Human's are a whole different species with different social and survival requirements.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
ddrane2115 said:
Again, sorry you feel as you do, these are not sick, nor do they have any deformaties, other than their natural defenses are not present.

But they all look like they would love to "take care" of that little Albino deer!:D

I called them up and sure enough they all voted in favor of having prey ... er....deer easier to see!

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob, the relationship with the white tiger was NOT Albinoism, it was rarity of the phenominum. Both animals in the wild would have the same restrictions, their color would limit their ability to hide from predators. The fact that not many will see it is not an issue. If the animal is kept in a place where people can appreciate it's special attributes, then it most certainly would be seen.

Dont get me wrong, the legal, ethical, and humane taking of animals for food is fine with me. I choose not to do this anymore. I still have a 13 point buck on the wall. If the animal is being taken for sport with no benefit to the human other than a trophy, sorry not my bag of tea.

It is illegal to kill a bald eagle, a turkey out of season, or quail out of season. These animals enjoy protection from human predators by government regulation, why not this deer.

We will have to agree to disagree on this. I can tell you that ANY wild life on my place is welcome. If someone wants to come shoot it or do it harm in any way, well they can answer to the local authorities. Hell we used to have a skunk family in the culvert, they would come to the house to eat the left over cat food. Never did bother anyone.