• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you drinking now?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious. I'm having water, but wondered if anyone is getting a head start on the weekend?
No matter what your drinking cheers! :beer:

BoneheadNW

Just sitting here at work drinking water and eating popcorn. All you east coasties are in bed snoring.
Bonehead

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
coffee for me to. lets see what we get later tonight.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Malibu rum with a splash of Coke.
Hey!!! It's 5:00 somewhere.

Just kidding... I'm on coffee.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now, coffee. Last evening, a very liberal shot of Kaluha in a cup of coffee.

OkeeDon

Diet Pepsi, of course. This 2-liter bottle happens to be caffiene free; I switched from always drinking the high test stuff to about 2:1 caffiene free last year.

JimR

Charter Member
OkeeDon, Smart move on the soda. I'm on water for now. Beer later on after I do some work on the old farm.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Coffee - always coffee! Might have some heinekens on Saturday night but I'll probably celeberate New Years on the East Coast clock and be in bed by 9:30pm PST.

Carm

I am drinking Yerba Mate ( the e should have one of those marks over it , so it sounds like ma tay) tea that the wife made me....Its suppposed to give you energy without caffeine jitters. I will follow it up with a coffee chaser though!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Carm said:
I am drinking Yerba Mate ( the e should have one of those marks over it , so it sounds like ma tay) tea that the wife made me....Its suppposed to give you energy without caffeine jitters. I will follow it up with a coffee chaser though!

My company runs a foodservice division and as such I have attended coffee conventions, etc. Mate comes from a tree in South America, and it contains caffeine and a mild laxative. Drink enough of it and you will not only get the runs, but you'll also get caffeine jitters. :eek:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, I'll be the odd one. Coffee, ick! Maybe a cup a month or so. Nothing like a can of Ski in the morning though. :thumb:

Carm

I see. I actually rarely drink it, but I thought somehow that it was different than caffeine? I just rely on the wife's info. I drink it if she asks me.....

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Nothing like a can of Ski in the morning though.
I had to do a google search as I've never heard of it.

It's a carbonated citrus flavored drink?

The review was good but although from 2003, it said its distrbution was pretty much south east only.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Carm said:
I see. I actually rarely drink it, but I thought somehow that it was different than caffeine? I just rely on the wife's info. I drink it if she asks me.....

The plant naturally contains caffeine. Caffeine is caffeine. Now I have no idea how much caffeine you are ingesting because there are different ways to prepare it, and I don't know if you are using a pre-mix, bottled product or steeping the leaves and sipping through a traditional staw, etc.

It could very well be that you are getting a very low dose of caffeine, and that is why you would not get the caffeine jitters . . . and that may also be why you need the coffee chaser.

CatDaddy

It's been a long time, but I used to be able to get Ski in Lexington. IIRC, Ski tastes kinda like Fresca.

working woman

Site Supporter
no way ski does not taste like fresca. More of a combo of Mt.

Dew and Mellow Yellow! Citra taste like fresca:pat:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I gotta admit, I'm drinking diet coke now. I'll have some beers tomorrow night!

What are you drinking Working Woman? I'm buying the next round! :)

Himself

I'm drinking in the beginning of a new day along with all the potential it holds. And white label. I don't care what time it is, around here the drinking lantern is always lit on the weekends if I don't have any where to go and besides, the ground is frozen once you sink through the mud.

Best wishes for the new year.
Martin