• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Zucchini Steaks ... its a lie ... not real steak ... its a vegetable

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No seriously who thought letting a Zucchini get too big is a good idea?

Worse yet, take one of those giant over-sized zucchinis, you know the 2' long 4" diameter type that would make a donkey blush, and slice it into a super thick slice and call it a "steak" to mislead people.

So you slather it with oil and spices and toss it on the grill and call serve it as a "steak" but its not a steak. Its a big soggy vegetable that you tossed on the grill. It tastes nothing like a steak.

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING should be enforced in the home kitchen too :hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As someone that had steak for dinner tonight... And not in a good mood due to work, leaking sink trap, daughter's college starting tomorrow am, took out 2 stumps for neighbor that got in a bind (which was actually the highlight of my day), I'd have a fit if zucchini was put on my plate and it was called meat.

Since I have "my" meat freezer and I do the grilling, I know exactly what I'm getting. :)

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I am far from the sharpest tool in the shed, but I will never confuse a juicy well cooked Ribeye for zuchinni. Never. :biggrin:

Zuchinni has it's place. It is just not in place of a Ribeye.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Worse yet, take one of those giant over-sized zucchinis, you know the 2' long 4" diameter type that would make a donkey blush, and slice it into a super thick slice and call it a "steak" to mislead people.

That's one of the better descriptions of an overgrown zucchini that I've ever seen. :yum:

I've grown a few of those over the years. They get hidden and missed when picking. I never called them "zucchini steaks", I called them compost. :yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh hell no!

Reading this thread made me think, "I'm going to have a couple Delmonico steaks for lunch today".

Walked out to the meat freezer. I buy a 1/2 or whole cow and keep it in a dedicated freezer, separate from the wife's crap so it doesn't get lost.

NO DELMONICO'S!
Actually, except 1 sirloin and 2 flank, NO STEAKS AT ALL!

Now I have to eat hamburger or a couple roasts for the next month. :(

Need to order another cow.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now that I've never heard of!!!!! :mellow:

Seems like the wimmin folk can make 'steak' out of veggies all in the name of healthy eating??? Or maybe they are trying to kill us slowly through starvation???

I've now been served eggplant, zucchini and cauliflower 'steaks' that were somehow grilled.

Eggplant and zucchini were horrible, mushy, etc.

Cauliflower, largely because of the seasoning my wife used (no clue what that was) was actually pretty good ... not a steak mind you. But a nice medium-rare Rib Eye with a side order of Cauliflower 'steak' would make a fine meal.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How-to-confuse-a-vegan.jpg