• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I always enjoyed being outside in the crisp winter air doing work. Clearing snow is enjoyable for me providing I have the right tools

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a good night at work.
Got a text at 8 this morning that my Aunt Margaret passed away on Christmas day and no one let us know until now?
So, Jeff is going to Terre Haute with my brother for the family.
I tried to get off work but it was such short notice.
Oh well, I expressed my condolences and memories on Facebook.
Wow...
As Grandma used to say " it makes a person want to say something".

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that lollie.

The temperature dropped to a balmy -25c here so I've just been hanging out all day indoors as my legs and feet are numb from doing the driveway yesterday.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Brian.
Then after all that news and sadness sank in, Jeff tells me the one pet parakeet died.
The blue one.
Kristen his fiancee is beside herself.
When it rains it pours.
:neutral:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last Night we went shopping for anew couch. After a couple of stores we bought one "the one!" by Cathy's judgment and two matching chairs. After paying for them we were leaving the store when,,,,,

Dayum, she saw another one.:unsure:

S o suggested we buy it instead but her idea was to put the other one in the lower level media room with those chairs and put the second one in the living room.

All we had to do before Sunday delivery is remove the old furniture.

I had forgotten how heavy the Sleeper couch was that we put in the loser level media room 25 years ago. The love seat had swing out footrests and was about as heavy as the couch. And both somewhat exceeded the width of the stairway.

I removed the railings to give us more access and space.

I rigged a 1X6 slide board to help get over the treads but, it still took four of us to maneuver the love seat up the stairs. The sleeper couch was not only bigger but far heavier. So I had to remove the mattress and spring base.

It is now 6:30 PM and I am bushed. We still have to remove the loveseat and couch from the living room. All the old stuff will go over to Dad's old house. Whomever flips that wreck will have to deal with the furniture. pensive and well built they were formal overstuffed designs from the early 80's. Extra Heavy, bulky and now thread bare. Not worth giving to Goodwill.

I swear, they were much lighter when Cathy and I carried them in 25 years ago:hammer:

Time for order in Pizza and a beer.:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Flying high this morn on caffeine of the Colombian variety.
One more night to get through, then I'm off for 5 days.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to morning mass. Then out for lunch. Kids are getting back today. By tonight we'll be back up to 6 kids. For the past few days we've only had one at home.

For the mostpart it's not bad. Just that 2 of our fosters create a lot of tension in the home. Well, one of them does. He's being tested for fasd. So with that he has explosive outbursts for even the slightest things that upset him. But I say that two of the fosters create tension because they are a pkg deal. We can't just keep his younger sister and send him on his way.

We have told the agency though that we can't keep them much longer. They started playing head games with him months ago telling him he is going back to mom after Christmas. For the past few weeks, his behavior has become unpredictable. Crying fits in his room for hours. And the other kids hear it. They keep asking when he's leaving. So we had to sit down and talk about what's best for everyone. And that's a new home for them.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last nite, as I slept, Cathy gave me back my old computer desk and installed a new monitor that is twice the size of my old one. The type size is also twice the size of before. So, now I can read what I type. It might help with the type "O's" but is till cannot spell worth a dam.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lovely Mrs Bob & Melen asked me to go shopping with them. I should have shot myself in the head instead.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bahahaha. You fell for the classic "let's go shopping" scam that women use. I suppose you had to haul out your wallet too. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji39][emoji23]

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Eating Chinese take out and wondering if I'll make it to midnight.
Not quite the party gal I once was, eh?

:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We took the kids to a new year party earlier then came home to a quiet evening at home with a few drinks. Have a great new year everyone.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy New Year!

FB_IMG_1546318902361.jpg

20181231_232749.jpg

:clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I did what I said that I was going to do. I stayed up, watched the fireworks from Dallas on TV, drank a good single malt Scotch, wished my wife a Happy New Year and went to bed at 12:30. Couldn't get to sleep. Got back up and got in my chair and read a book. OMG. It's 03:30. Went back to bed and slept late. Didn't roll out of bed until 10:00. Getting back to sleep at a reasonable time tonight will be tough.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to chill all day.
I spoke with some friends this morning.
The usual, "so.. what's your new year's resolution?"
My answer is I don't have one in the way of losing weight, don't need to- those 30lbs are staying off, more or less.
Giving up smoking? Nope.
Committed to better health? Yep.
One day at a time into 2019 I say!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting at home today not doing much. Can't stand for long. Looking out the window watching my 95 year old neighbor out there shoveling snow at -32 Celsius windchill. Wishing I had enough strength in my back and legs to make it to the garage to change the oil on the snowblower.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So much for chilling today.
Went to Aimee's mothers and helped take down the tree, pack away ornaments, lights from outside, etc..
She made us her wonderful ham and bean soup with corn cakes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our tree is coming down Saturday thankfully. I didn't get a whole lot done today. My lower back gave out about 5 steps away from the bed yesterday morning. Been laid up in the chair with a heating pad since then. So I spent part of the day researching the different types of forearm crutches available as I'm thinking of trying a pair instead of the canes to get around when I become incapacitated. The canes really help for support. But I don't need them all the time.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Slept about 4 hrs last night. Brought in the truck to get wired for the scooter lift.

Canadian eh!!!

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll take my daily walk after lunch, then go to the one little antique shop I love, stop at the bagel shop, then head back for a thrilling afternoon of apartment cleaning.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Dragonfly Lady and I will be headed to the Ft Leavenworth commissary shortly to stock up on nonperishables and then over to the base pharmacy for meds. All in all, a fun day. :unsure:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Babysitting in Columbus for the next few days. These two girls are growing up so fast, 7 and 9 now. So they are doing crafts with grandma and I'm chauffeuring and cat napping. Not bad duty. LOL

Here they are coming out of the craft store.

Attachments

• GailKaylaAndReeseCraftShopping.jpg
    GailKaylaAndReeseCraftShopping.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Recovering from a head cold.

Doing a little touch up work at our flip house.

Packing for our trip to North Carolina to meet up with my Russian fencer Dasha so she can compete in a major national fencing tournament ... and hopefully do well enough on Friday & Saturday to attract some attention from college recruiters. We leave for the airport late morning tomorrow, early afternoon flight and, assuming all flights are on time, our plane should land about 10 min before her’s touches down on the runway.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Suffering from a head cold. Nasty one too. Haircut bright and early then had to go to DMV to get my picture taken to renew my license for another 4 years.

Taking life easy right now, it is cold as hell out and no need to be out in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.