• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Took a nap whilst listening to oldies radio to soothe me... unless a good old rare song comes on, then I am like :w00t2::yum:

Made the swiss steak.
Grandma's old recipe I think? from memory.

4 cube steaks browned in oil/non-stick pan.
Take out, add a bit of flour- stir.

Steaks back in with 28 oz stewed tomatoes, 1 large sliced bell pepper, 1 large yellow onion, Worcestershire sauce ( about 4 tablespoons) pinch of brown sugar - cover and simmer for 40 minutes.

Made some mashed potatoes to go with it.
Enough for leftovers tomorrow too.
Yes!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed to the airport to pick up our oldest who flew out to visit biomom. Apparently he's got the flu and was throwing up all day on the other end.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got home.

Fencing tournament at U of Chicago. My boys saber squad did a little better than expected. My girls saber squad did great. They beat (barely but it still counts) the biggest baddest team in our conference! So freaking happy about that.

We walked all the kids around the campus, stopped in a coffee shop for a meal and then hopped in the bus to come home.

------------

Today is Melen's birthday. She is snowed in on the Wake Forest campus. Activities on campus were all cancelled due to snow. Even the birthday cake my wife ordered to have delivered was unable to be delivered. Melen ended up having a bad day.

Congratulations on the fencing team performance.

Happy birthday to Melen. :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Heading to church then a nice walk in the Cold sunshine. -12F this morning. Hopefully it warms up a bit before the walk or I may just change my mind about that. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I skipped church this morning while the missus took the younger two. Been twice this weekend. That's enough. No big plans for today.

Angelface

We got hit with a major winter storm yesterday and we are just buried... we are having a break in the weather for now, but all the highways are still shut down.. It's warmer, but we are due for another snow/ice storm later today. I need to travel out of town today, but im not sure...

Someone took a video of what the interstate was like here yesterday..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgUiNRTbiBs"]Blizzard conditions close Union Co. Oregon highways Jan. 7 - YouTube[/ame]

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
We had about 6" of snow but it is really cold (about 10 degrees). 20 car pile up on I-84 with two tracker trailers and a bulk fuel truck which fortunately did not rupture and catch fire. 4-wheel drive day today.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Someone took a video of what the interstate was like here yesterday..

Blizzard conditions close Union Co. Oregon highways Jan. 7 - YouTube

That's what it looked like when I got my one and only speeding ticket in Wyoming many, many years ago. There was only me, the State Trooper and a few unfortunate cows within a 100 square miles. I guess that with the freeway closed down and the conditions he was having a hard time making his quota. :yum: Looking back on it, I'm really surprised that he got out of his warm car in order to give me the ticket!!!! That's dedication to duty or else he was just an a-hole.

Angelface

That's what it looked like when I got my one and only speeding ticket in Wyoming many, many years ago. There was only me, the State Trooper and a few unfortunate cows within a 100 square miles. I guess that with the freeway closed down and the conditions he was having a hard time making his quota. :yum: Looking back on it, I'm really surprised that he got out of his warm car in order to give me the ticket!!!! That's dedication to duty or else he was just an a-hole.

Haha, I could only imagine! I'm surprised they would pursue anyone at all in such conditions with minor things.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had leftover swiss steak and mashed taters for dinner.
Watched some telly.
Was going to sit down and watch Annie Hall on TCM at 8pm, but I've already seen every Woody Allen movie tons of times... so much that I can talk right along lol
He kills me.

From Annie Hall -

I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.
Crimes And Misdemeanours-
Last time I was inside a woman was when I visited the Statue of Liberty.
:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, one more thing.
While taking the dog out, my shoestring on the right shoe got caught on the corner of my new aluminum storm door.
Could only happen to me.
Grabbed the railing so I wouldn't fall and just stood there in this awkward position until I could manage to twist around and hold on to her at the same time.

After it was over I gave myself a 10 for best recovery from a fall ever.

:yum:

30mmgkk.png

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was still cold this morning so I slept late again today. I could get to like this. At least my wife wasn't mad at me today. She didn't have to take the dogs out in the freezing weather. They waited for me to get up. Useless buggers!!! :biggrin:

She made scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for brunch/lunch so she must still love me. Either that or she was really hungry. :biggrin:

Usual Sunday ... watched football. I kinda lost interest in the first game so I got dressed and took the dogs for a walk. The temperature wasn't too bad if you were in the sun but in the shade it was still cold. It did get above freezing though.

Watched more football and basically did nothing productive for the rest of the day. It's supposed to start warming up tomorrow so we may get back to doing "stuff".

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It was still cold this morning so I slept late again today. I could get to like this. At least my wife wasn't mad at me today. She didn't have to take the dogs out in the freezing weather. They waited for me to get up. Useless buggers!!! [emoji3]

She made scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for brunch/lunch so she must still love me. Either that or she was really hungry. [emoji3]

Usual Sunday ... watched football. I kinda lost interest in the first game so I got dressed and took the dogs for a walk. The temperature wasn't too bad if you were in the sun but in the shade it was still cold. It did get above freezing though.

Watched more football and basically did nothing productive for the rest of the day. It's supposed to start warming up tomorrow so we may get back to doing "stuff".
Lmao. Yes. My parents did tell me how miserable it was in Texas. They said their rv park was like an abandoned city with everyone huddled up inside trying to keep warm. My heart bleeds for you guys as we sit in -25c weather.

3e23adab503572104611e9d3b6bce466.jpg

Angelface

Lol. NorthernRedneck, have you guys been pounded with snow yet? It's supposed to hit again today. It's been non stop for like the last three days. I have never seen so much snow like this. It's unreal.. I can't even remember the last time I saw grass. Haha

Bamby

I've spent the last hour or more attempting to learn what a progressive actually is or represents so I could maybe understand them better without success I might add. I just can't grasp why so many fools demand that they're God given and constitutional freedoms be stripped from them and their instance that they're going to drag me down their rat-hole behind or with them.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've spent the last hour or more attempting to learn what a progressive actually is or represents so I could maybe understand them better without success I might add. I just can't grasp why so many fools demand that they're God given and constitutional freedoms be stripped from them and their instance that they're going to drag me down their rat-hole behind or with them.

I feel your pain,Bamby.
Quite frankly I am all but finished with the rendezvous in my attempt to understand the same.
Progressive = liberal.
One and the same, yes?
That's the way I see it.

Bamby

I feel your pain,Bamby.
Quite frankly I am all but finished with the rendezvous in my attempt to understand the same.
Progressive = liberal.
One and the same, yes?
That's the way I see it.

Progressive = regressive as far as I can determine. They appear to be determined by instating laws to turn every aspect of ones life over to the multitudes of governmental layers to control every aspect of everyone's life where one would have to address someone for their every need. I perceive it as a new form of slavery myself where ultimately my masters will decide everything for me. But the the twisted progressives somehow still perceive it as freedom and I just can't grasp or understand it myself.

bill w

looks like i'm going to be cutting firewood and getting ready for the next week or so.temps falling to the mid -40's below.....not wind chill.good thing we finally got snow or all the septic systems would freeze. can't wait to get the word from our elected officials that we need to stop using our woodstoves...lmao,not gonna happen. Bill w

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
looks like i'm going to be cutting firewood and getting ready for the next week or so.temps falling to the mid -40's below.....not wind chill.good thing we finally got snow or all the septic systems would freeze. can't wait to get the word from our elected officials that we need to stop using our woodstoves...lmao,not gonna happen. Bill w
We got that word up here recently by the b-tch we have in office under the provincial government. Dumb c-nt wants people to stop using their woodstoves and convert to either natural gas or hydro. Then she went and increased our freaking hydro rates to the point where we are the highest in north America. Then our dipsh-t prime minister institutes a carbon tax that essentially increases hydro gas etc even more. I'd almost rather have obama in charge up here. I said ALMOST. LOL

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to one of the local high schools to give "mock job interviews" with one of the classes. This is my 3rd year doing it. Basically I make unprepared kids cry. Not my intent to make them cry, but it just seems to happen. The 'self entitled' and 'snowflake' kids get a lesson in reality. The kids who are prepared get good experience before they go out for a real job interview.

Just doing 1 class today. Then I go back tomorrow for 3 or 4 classes. And again on Thursday for 3 or 4 more classes.

After I'm done there I drive south to another high school to coach fencing practice. Ditto again tomorrow but tomorrow we have a college coach from Northwestern University showing up to lead our practice. He's fenced internationally, won national and international titles ... should be an interesting practice for the kids (and for me to videotape).

But but but its for your own good :whistling:

... I'd almost rather have obama in charge up here...

He'll be out of a job soon. He can go up there and be a community organizer for you.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We got that word up here recently by the b-tch we have in office under the provincial government. Dumb c-nt wants people to stop using their woodstoves and convert to either natural gas or hydro. Then she went and increased our freaking hydro rates to the point where we are the highest in north America. Then our dipsh-t prime minister institutes a carbon tax that essentially increases hydro gas etc even more. I'd almost rather have obama in charge up here. I said ALMOST. LOL

I saw a pic here the other day that showed Sanford & Son pickup truck loading junk for the upcoming move. I can send word for you that Ontario is calling.

Obama and Trudeau can while away their days playing grab ass with each other. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I know what I'm doing tonight. It involves a bucket and a toilet. Both at the same time. Ugh. It seems my son has shared his flu with me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a good shift today.
Started off with a quickie meeting in the conference room about our policy and some changes concerning with several stapled booklets to sign and date, then more on our new health insurance.

Sure has been windy and rainy all day!
70 mph winds!
They're dying down right now a little.

k12bcz.png

My neighbour Brenda always comes over to take Gretchen out to potty around 6pm for me on days when I do work.
She said at first she was like NO WAY, but then did do a fast pee pee.
There were even severe thunderstorm warnings out for some counties very close, Wyandot in particular.

I found a nice gift on the kitchen rug in front of the sink when I got home.
No biggie. My baby is an old girl and these things happen.

Dinner was a run out for Chinese, egg drop soup and 3 shrimp egg rolls.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The wind was howling all night and big snow drifts everywhere. Longest i slept was 2 hrs in between trips to the bathroom with it coming out both ends. Yep. I be sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.