• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sad Day at my place

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Danny, Tigers are my favorite of the BIG cats, they're beautiful animals. Your recue operation deserves a lot of credit. I've bookmarked your site to read later. Keep up the good work guy.:thumb::a1::beer:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Michigan is not that far from there. You should make a weekend out of it, and go see. It is awesome! and worth the drive. We drive 3.5 hours one way, just to volunteer. There are a lot of people that deserve the credit for EFRC, I am but one of the volunteers.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Danny, Jan and I are hoping to get down there soon. We both like the big cats. The serval has always been another favorite of mine.

Really sorry to hear of Zavata, how old was she?:tiphat:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Zavata would have been about 23 years old. Her last 9 years at the center in her own area made just for her.

There are 2 servals at the shelter, right up front of the place. They are wonderful little cats. One of the 2 that are there was running loose in Terre Haute, IN. It had gotten loose from it's owner several times.

You will be amazed at some of the stories of the animals there. Some are sad, some are just sick, and some the previous "capturers" should be just jailed for life. ALL of the cats now have a great place to call home, vet care, and a healthy diet. NONE of these animals are ever hurt in anyway once they are in the care of EFRC. While some of these come from "pet" situations, as you can imagine, none are pettable, and if you go, dress for climate and do not expect a "zoo" type of experience. You can get closer, but not closer than 3 feet from the habitats. You WILL see cats so close you can see the whiskers. It is awesome.

check the website, call them about the housing on site. With this special experience you will hear the most awesome sounds, and experience EFRC in a way that will keep you coming back. Bring your OWN water if you stay, and plan on a nice weekend.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Here is a photo or two that my wife and I have taken at EFRC.

The first 2 are outside the onsite housing that can be rented per nite with reservations required.

The cougar is Autumn, she was a pet that got to big.............DUH, it is a cougar. She is my favorite cat at EFRC. This will give you an idea of what you will see there. Autumn is about 12 feet away from me here, and I am within 3 feet of her habitat.

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_12971.jpg
    100_12971.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 434

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Cant help it, more photos of the great cats.

Ok, the last one is a baby tiger. 12 weeks old there, now she is too big to play with the general public.

My wife with the full grown tiger (hunter) is perfectly safe where she is. Not even the regulars there seem to bind as Holly and Hunter have.

Clyde always has bad hair days, but who is going to complain about it!

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_002801.jpg
    IMG_002801.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 151
  • image0141.jpg
    image0141.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 145

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Danny........ I don't know where the toupee that is on that lion came from, but I am certain that if they can get as good a look on that cats face, they certainly can do something beneficial with your chrome dome!!!!!! ;)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Junkman said:
Danny........ I don't know where the toupee that is on that lion came from, but I am certain that if they can get as good a look on that cats face, they certainly can do something beneficial with your chrome dome!!!!!! ;)

When I first saw that pic I thought it too looked kind of funny or like someone had hairsprayed and combed it. But Junk I think you were a bit hard on Danny :pat::whistle:

But like Danny said, it would of had to be you to come up with it.

What's that saying, God gave most grass, and the best got marble:thumb:

murph