• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How To Celebrate Obama Inauguration

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
How are YOU going to celebrate our first half black President?!? Hail to the President!!!!!!

:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
:agree:

What make this worth celebrating?

Maybe we are celebrating the confirmed ignorance of the voting populace? (Not that the other choice was any better, really.)

Maybe we are celebrating the near $200 million this 'party' will cost which is more than the last SIX inaugurations combined?

Maybe we are celebrating "do ask, do tell"?

Maybe we are celebrating the trillions of debt we are looking at by the repeat of one hundred years of past failed economic policy?

Maybe we are celebrating for all intents the third Clinton term?

Maybe we are celebrating the last day of freedom in America?

The Tourist

Banned
You know the old saying, "What goes up, must come down."

BHO has stoked his people up so much that anything short of a complete rebuild of our country is going to look like defeat.

He can't rebuild Detroit, nor can he ensure entitlement programs, like medical care, without sucking up every dollar the public needs to rebuild their own lives.

And when he fails--big time--we'll probably have to spend as much on 'crowd control' as his inauguration.

Say, everyone chided the car execs for their fancy airplanes. How come BHO got a pass on his new pimp-mobile?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
How are YOU going to celebrate our first half black President?!? Hail to the President!!!!!!

I won't be celebrating in the least.

He's going to be our president.

Let's hope for some sort of change.

Having said that, I don't think he'll see a full year in office.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I will just go out in the front yard and celebrate the Islamic way by shooting bursts from my AK-47 on his inauguration day......:yum:

It maybe the last time I ever see my AK or any other gun while the Muslims in the Middle East have theirs to shoot all the time...... I am beginning to feel like a minority in this country already....:whistling:

Oh, Bob can I borrow yours since mine sank on your boat?:biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez! There sure is a lot of hope and pride here today:sad: . As I always say ."Expect the best and prepare for the worst " . I'll be the first to jump his Ass if he does not preform to my expectations .I hope and pray he does or we can kiss America goodbye .She is damn near gone already.:unsure:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez! There sure is a lot of hope and pride here today:sad: . As I always say ."Expect the best and prepare for the worst " . I'll be the first to jump his Ass if he does not preform to my expectations .I hope and pray he does or we can kiss America goodbye .She is damn near gone already.:unsure:

and we feel so castrated. Do you remember back in the 70's when the farmers took to the interstates on their tractors bound for Washington, DC? We are too settled in our comfort zones to leave our work and homes and head to DC ourselves. If the grassroots of this country were to organize such, we might turn things around. But, alas, it takes too much effort or does it?

The Tourist

Banned
We are too settled in our comfort zones

Additionally, we are at the 'cusp' of the generations.

Now I will speak in generalities. I know your neighbor or uncle is different.

The baby-boomers are retiring. We have other worries than "the distant future."

People of our children's age have younger families and jobs (if they're lucky). Jumping on a paisley painted bus for a road-trip to 'stick it to the man' has never been their style.

Minority groups think they have finally won. They're not going to do anything but cheer for the parade.

People of college age have never been to a protest rally, or to Vietnam, or to anyplace without cell-phone service. Electricity has always been there. So has copious amounts of food and mini-vans.

Just who, exactly, is going to stir up debate? After all, everyone *knows* it's the fault of the car execs, bankers and The Trilateral Commission. As soon as we hang a few of them and get some of that BHO style 'change' we'll all rich again, right?

RedRocker

Well, he's already living up to my expectations, so you can guess what they are.
I'll probably clean up dog crap in the yard or change the oil in my truck.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
and we feel so castrated. Do you remember back in the 70's when the farmers took to the interstates on their tractors bound for Washington, DC? We are too settled in our comfort zones to leave our work and homes and head to DC ourselves. If the grassroots of this country were to organize such, we might turn things around. But, alas, it takes too much effort or does it?

Part of the problem is any returns to laisez faire would be interpreted as "doing nothing" in the next election: political suicide, which even politicians who do understand the effects of trying to drive an economy from DC, aren't likely to sacrifice. :sad:

Another part is how do you get a significant grass roots movement when even Libertarians and Constitution Party ect can't agree on issues?

Then of course, feeling castrated, we try to focus our efforts into work, b!tching on a forum, or anywhere it seems to have some effect rather than even trying to awaken DC. Vicious circle perhaps. For that matter other than an occasional letter to SD politicians, I'm just as guilty or moreso.

I know, just defining the problems (and probably the tip of the iceberg at that) rather than solutions; maybe just b!tching at that. :doh: