• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Could not sleep

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Had one of them nights where i could not sleep,so myself and Mrs Galvi ended up sitting in the lounge chatting about years past,she asked me about who i missed from my family that has passed and Grandma and Uncle Harry came straight to mind,Uncle Harry was her Husband but not my Granddad he had died many many years ago i was only 3 or 4 years old when he passed on,died at a very early age of 47,but thats another story.

Grandma was a Lady,she dressed like a lady and smelt like a lady,but trust me she was far from what today has to offer she was a real lady with back bone and laughter,this Woman took shrapnel to the stomach during the blitz on London in world war 2 and spent the next 3 years recovering from it in hospital,Aunt Millie raised my Mom for them 3 years but Grandma come back fighting.

Grandma was a tough cookie,Uncle Harry was a true Gentleman, from the outside they were chalk and cheese but they had something i am proud to say me and my wife have...true love....Harry was a tall man bald on top and always..i mean always clean shaven and well spoken,he was a tinker as i like to call him he always had a project on the go,mostly clocks and gardening,i spent many times with them and i always remember Harry giving me a bar of chocolate,bag of ready salted crisps and can of lemonade,and he would softly tell me to share the choc with Sindy (his dog) and not to share the crisps as sindy did not like crisps.

Harry tripped and fell one day banging his head causing a stroke,he spent the next few years having mini strokes and Grandma stood at his side,she would shave him every day and make sure he was well dressed,me and my wife remember the night he passed away,we drove Grandma to see him at the hospital as he was at this stage very frail,it was the first time my wife got to meet him as we were just starting our relationship,when we got home the phone rang to say Harry and gone...Grandma hugged Sharon (my now wife) and could not stop crying,i had never seen this strong woman cry before but i swear my wife got her magic from her in them moments.

My wife was pregnant with our first child when all this happened,we had our first and only son and named him Stephen...Grandma said to my wife "i do hope that is a Stephen with a PH"..she laughed and said anything you say Granny as my wife used to call her fondly,only years later she told us Harry's middle name was Stephen with a PH..Harry Stephen Fairburn.

Grandma was a awesome lady,she stood up from the crowd,if i can be half the Grandparent she was i will be a lucky man,she done unspeakable things in her time but i was and still am proud to have known her....Harry just got the best of Grandma to shine.

Happy memories.