• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thanks to the fires out here----

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
----we're having some red sunrises and sunsets. The camera still can't get how red it is.

Attachments

• 001 (Small).JPG
    001 (Small).JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 161

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting the same treatment over here in Ca. for a couple weeks now. Its been mostly in the Bay Area 75 miles from here and southern Ca. 350 miles away and the eastern Sierra on the Nevada border 275 miles away, but last night we got it too. Dry lightening woke us up at around 1:30 am and lasted an hour or so. This morning there were reports of several fires caused by it. Its smokey with a little ash for good measure. I read where the winds are going to pick up, its been pretty calm we don't need that shit. State wide there was something like 11,000 lightning strikes. I hope tomorrow is a better day. It has cooled the weather some though.

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 136
We actually had a smoky day at the beach here in my town and this was from the West Coast fires.... I have not heard much lately so I'm thinking that may be out now.

We all can use some steady rain...

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
We actually had a smoky day at the beach here in my town and this was from the West Coast fires.... I have not heard much lately so I'm thinking that may be out now.

We all can use some steady rain...

we are just now coming into the fire season, there is still plenty to burn especially where it just burned because all the singed trees dropped there leaves and pine needles and the conditions for fire are worse than before it burned. I raked them about 50' away from my cabin but still concerns me. Yes we need rain but the rain brings the lightening that starts the fires.:shitHitFan:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Southwestern MO and Northern Arkansas have been in red flag condition since August. The is is cattle country with acreages in pasture or hay production. We mostly fear grass fires out there..

There have been some fires, but nothing like California. Our OZARK hills would be a problem. But either from better management or luck, we haven't had serious outbreaks for decades.

Still our current sunsets are red.

I live in St Louis which is as east as one can be here in MO. Our sunsets here are also red. I'm betting that's from the Fires out west as well.