• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
P_G, you have a tough job mentally and physically. I'm glad things are slowing down. I hope everything keeps going in the right direction.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing for the next couple of days!
Update on THE situation -
As of August 24th we have lost 18 of our residents to SARS-CoV2 or complications of.
Things seem to be slowing way down, thank God.
Right now we have 7 active cases, all are asymptomatic.

Two are more than likely not going to make it.
They are back with us from university hospital and on hospice after a very long battle.

We are continuing testing now for staff every Monday Wednesday and Friday until we get no more positives.
After 7 times testing, I've been negative.
This includes the rapid return test that involves swabbing and solution droplets- which takes 15 minutes for a result.
There is a sense of relief that can be felt.
Certainly not the hellish situation like 2 weeks ago.

:smile:

P_G, you have a tough job mentally and physically. I'm glad things are slowing down. I hope everything keeps going in the right direction.

I’m happy for you that things are finally slowing down

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
What Jim said!

I came back to camp yesterday by myself to get a few things done that's just too hard to do on the weekend with 35 kids(feels like) coming in and out of our site.

That, and today is the first day of bird hunting so I brought out the side by side. Been up since 4am (my back is feeling the fall weather and temperature change). A buddy from camp is coming out today and we will be hunting all afternoon. But I will go on my own this morning. Bringing the chainsaw to clear any down fall on the trails as I haven't been on them since last year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Tuesday morning to ya!
It's chilly out there today.
That's the trend for the week.
Good!
The kids and I have a trip planned to the Toledo zoo this weekend.
Nothing much happening today.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
went to the field this morning and lost my wallet, spent 2 hours at the DMV and cancelled all my cards with new cards on the way. Then found the fu<kin wallet:shitHitFan:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
went to the field this morning and lost my wallet, spent 2 hours at the DMV and cancelled all my cards with new cards on the way. Then found the fu<kin wallet:shitHitFan:

Been there done that :( Found it a few days later. :hammer:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went on a 250 mile day trip with a friend, her sister and 91 year old mother. It's always fun. The mom always loves the day trips at her age. They buy the lunches and I pay for the gas.

I'm on the Avoca, Iowa Planning and Zoning Committee. We FINALLY approved the Motel 6 owner's request to change one acre of his land from commercial to residential so he can build a home on it. He wants to live next to the hotel so he can be close by because he's basically on call 24/7. It really pisses me off that they fought with him about in for over a month. I hate it when people abuse their authority.

The head of th Urban Renewal Committee asked me if I'd be a member of that one too. I don't know how long I'm going to live here but I accepted.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing much today!

We got a little surprise at work yesterday.
Wonder what took them so long?
abc news out of Toledo came to pay a visit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to the gym and then into Council Bluffs to help a Veteran buddy who is in a wheelchair. He has done a lot for Veterans and other people in the community. I asked the mayor if he there is some kind of award or recognition he could publically give my buddy. He said there is so we are putting it together.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't have to go anywhere today, this morning I got the tracks on the mini mini van. Details in the tracked 4x4 section

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
TGIF!!
it's a chilly morning here.
Today I'm working until 6pm.
After that, I shall skip merrily home knowing I'm off until next Wednesday lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Top of the morning to everyone!

It's a balmy +3 Celsius with a layer of frost on the ground. Fall is in full swing with the leaves changing colors. Before we know it, there'll be a nice thick layer of s....s.....sn...ow on the ground. I can't wait. I love all seasons. Well, not so true. June and July are our hottest months and this year was so hot I could be outside for more then 20 minutes without my nutsack sweating and sticking to my legs as I walk. (Just for visual reference. Lol) I don't have that problem in fall winter or spring.

Not much planned for today. I have to drive a couple of the kids to school as their bus is canceled for today. The regular driver is sick and they don't have a backup. They actually canceled 10 routes altogether the Friday before school started due to driver shortage due to covid.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Big weekend for me and family. Tonight's football game at the High school. Our son ( grandson) is in the marching band. Saturday we go to Sulivan MO for a Marching Band competition.

At the same Time, I have to remove everything from my garage addition and get it ready for a new concrete floor. It's a 24 foot by six foot addition to the garage I built years ago on the original 4" concrete slab without a footing.

Bad idea.

So I have to clear it and cut trenches for a one piece footing and slab. Also I have to cut an eight foot opening in the garage wall so the crew can use the standard chutes to pour the cement. Otherwise a train of wheel barrows will be needed.

At the same time, they will be pouring a new driveway. 30"' X 16' at six inches thick over six inches of compacted 2" Minus limestone. All together a 13 yard pour with steel mesh and 5/8"rebars.

I used to do this stuff myself back when I was a firefighter paramedic. ON our off days we had a company that did flatwork all over Bolingbrook Il. But at seventy three, most of my buddies are to old or dead so,,,,; I'm gonna farm this one out.

I will be involved because I simply cannot help myself. This pour is the next week or two. So if my postings go quiet the driveway might be a monument to my last efforts. Most likely however, I will simply supervise with a shovel in one hand and a beer in the other.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Fabricated anti rotation parts for the tracks on the mini van, details in the tracked 4x4 section.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'll be 150 miles north of here for the next couple of days with two buddies. We go to Lake Okoboji every about this time every year. I've known them since we were about 7 years old. It's always fun!

I decided not to take my computer but I will have my stupid Smart Phone with me, so I'll be checking in. Keep my seat warm....but don't fart in it!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My back is hurting pretty good this morning so I won't be doing today. I may do a little spraying later this afternoon.

Yesterday I took my wife in to town for lunch. We ate at tables set up on the sidewalk.

I came home and tried to catch a quick nap but couldn't make it. If I get one more phone call that starts, "Hi! I'm Donald J. Trump", I'm going to vote for Biden. Just kidding but he is getting even more annoying than usual.

Since I couldn't nap, I went out in to the pasture to remove an old, iron gas line that got torn up and exposed when we rebuilt the dam. I got it cut off and hauled 3 large pieces up to the house. I broke out the old chop saw that I haven't used in years and cut the 3 large pieces down into more manageable lengths. Man, I really need to make a run to the dump. I easily have one pick-up truck load stacked in the garage.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't done much of anything today.
I'm resting up for the zoo tomorrow and wherever else the kids want to go.
:D

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed home from camp today. Covered over 100 kms yesterday in the side by side exploring and looking for birds.

Bringing the golf cart home and leaving the side by side as tomorrow I will be installing a rear seat on it. Then probably bring it back to camp Tuesday and grab the side by side to bring home for a much needed bath.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was a beautiful day yesterday in East Texas but it came with a stiff breeze so I couldn't spray.

I sat around, had a cup of coffee and thought about it. I decided that what I needed were more shelves down in the barn. I hunted around and found three sets of brackets, all different, and some scrap wood. So, I spent the afternoon putting up more shelves. This was not furniture quality, home type shelving, it was purely utilitarian, but it will get stuff off the barn floor.

Usually on a Sunday I would be glued to the television watching football from noon till dark o'clock. Not this year. Since it's another gorgeous day with very little wind, I think I'll get some spraying done today. That'll take care of it before the rain comes next week.

MY S-I-L is coming over late afternoon. We're going to fire up the bbq and burn some meat ... and I'll have a couple of beers. I can't do one without the other.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a wonderful day with the kids in Toledo.
The weather was perfect.
We ate Indian food for dinner.
The zoo was not crowded at all while we were there.
By the time we left it was filling up.
I got lots of pictures of everything.
I'll post them within the next couple of days.
I met my Granddaughter Kasey's partner for the first time today.
She's a nice girl.
Nana approves.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back home from camp. Had a great time again but now I'm paying for it. Mid to upper back is very sore. Nerves going to my legs are tingling resulting in a loss of feeling in both legs. Can barely stand. Reduced to using a walker around the house and I don't dare try to get outside as I wouldn't make it down the four steps to the driveway. Hopefully it's better tomorrow. I never know when it will hit me. So I live life as normal as possible until my body decides it's had enough.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I forgot to mention that Jeff and his friend Kevin have tickets to see President Trump at the airport tomorrow, in Swanton/Toledo Express airport.
As we passed by there coming back, there were large military planes on the field and they were setting up security.
All over Toledo roadside, people were setting up tables selling Trump merchandise.
Wish I'd have stopped and bought a few things.
Jeff says they're probably going to have to be there early in the morning and wait all day for the rally to begin at 7pm.
I told him to get pictures.
He said he will.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Heading to camp today to go hunting for the day. Basically a guys day of going on an adventure exploring, hopefully getting a limit of birds, coming back to have a beer or 3 or 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.