• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1970 Bombardier

Stockman

OK - after a short search, my first Bombardier is now home. Does this mean I'm now in with both feet? I probably passed the point of no return a few months ago anyway.

This unit is a Model JW-70 and came equipped with the Chrysler 6 cyl. flathead and 3 spd transmission. What I liked most about it is it's complete including the original plow blade. The motor is seized. It was said to be in storage for 15 years, but sitting out for the past few years. I am not too optimistic on a rebuild. I want to keep it stock, so will start looking for another motor. From some reading here, Bombardier used a Ford power plant. Converting this to an original Ford setup would be of interest, so it would be great if anyone has information or photos. Thanks all.

Attachments

• jw-70.jpg
    jw-70.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 424

vidaliaman

hi stockman, looking for an update on your 70 bombardier, what have you done so far?

thanks dave
gowen mi

Attachments

• IMG_1489[1].jpg
    IMG_1489[1].jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1492[2].jpg
    IMG_1492[2].jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 310

vidaliaman

i'm a bit north of grand rapids michigan however i have property in the upper peninsula, i found this on craigslist last week right in my area, he asked 2500.00 firm for it and it came with the v sidewalk blade, the blade needs some welding but ok because i'm a hobby welder, the chrysler 6 is a fresh rebuild, runs great, just don't know where to go to get track parts, also there is a part of my that wants to do a full restoration, are you planning a full restoration? yes i get bit by these bugs bad, which include older trucks, tractors and outboards

dave
gowen michigan