• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1963 443-A "Katy"...Restore

Jeffsno27

Hey Tom here are some pictures of the inside of your pontoons and the new skins.

20160428_142525_resized.jpg

20160428_143142_resized.jpg

20160428_143216_resized.jpg

20160428_143428_resized.jpg

20160428_143638_resized.jpg

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Jeff for the updates. I can't believe the progress you guys are making. I do appreciate it!:wow:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeff you guys have been doing an outstanding job the plus is these old tuckers are being rebuilt at the same factory they were born at. wished sometimes I could afford to have some one refurbish my old cats but that takes the fun out of owning old $hit. one day maybe I can do a weatherby type restoration.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A question for you Tucker Boys- If you ran off a batch of the pre-formed repair skins shown below, what would the cost be?

I know for a fact I need to do that, as well as untold other owners. Finding a shop to do that work is certainly possible, but also expensive for just running 4 or 8 pieces. If you guys already have a jig set up to do them, I imagine the cost would drop significantly. Enough so to even make it worthwhile to ship cross country. (Or at least ship with a group of Tuckers heading to Get-Sno :brows::brows::brows:)

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 334

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Tom, Your Tucker is looking good ! Cant wait for the finished project pictures. Looks like they are doing a great job. My old 63 tucker is still in shop in hundreds of pieces but still progressing . Color is coming this summer, then reassembly if i can remember how! I love that Tucker is taking these old cats in for repair and restoration . Would love to send them one of mine to rebuild . Any ways nice cat you have.! :clap:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Kyle..would like to come up and see yours and how you are handling your project. The guys at Tucker have been great to work with. You can tell that they love these old machines as much as all of us do. I am really happy they are willing to support them again..send them one I'm sure they would love it.

PJL

Wow, I think I found my retirement gig. I would love to work there. Beautiful work they do.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm beginning to feel like an expecting father here..the anticipation is growing. Can't wait to see more!

Last edited:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks really good. Talking with Clyde it looks like we will put some rust inhibitor in the pontoons one way or the other. Some extra expense that I am sure will be worth the investment and I don't mind. Gone this far WTH!

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like a pressure wash and a new firewall. Repaired fiberglass hood..even my non-snowcat owning or admiring freinds are starting to follow this thread. They think you all are the "Jesse James" of the Sno-cat world. They ALL want a ride when it is done..lol!

Jeffsno27

Getting more orange!
I also had Nova sand a little bit on it so your cat has been worked on by the fifth generation! :biggrin: This is a fun project Tom thank you for bringing it to us to work on.

20160510_141137_resized.jpg

20160511_064945_resized.jpg

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Jeff,

Thank you for the new pictures.. I was getting withdrawn without them. Thank you Nova for helping out. Now I'm sure the Tucker's have the "A" -Team on the job!. Looks amazing! I am so glad you decided to take this project on...who's next?

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I totally agree CT..Jeff please ask her to do so if she wants to. ...as well as anyone who helped on this project. At the least a little plaque with their names!. Good idea Cider thanks for suggesting it.

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do it on the inside of the R/H engine panel, then clear coat over it for protection.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks really good. Looks like Jason was able to repair the broken ear on the exhaust flange. Love the air cleaner.