• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Roundup Ready - A New Resistance

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
[FONT=&quot]Glyphosate. It is the key ingredient in "Roundup," a broad-spectrum weed killer developed by Monsanto. It has become the number one selling herbicide worldwide, due to the increase in the planting of Monsanto’s Roundup Ready Crops, which are genetically engineered to withstand multiple applications of the weed killer during the growth cycle. It is also used in residential gardens and neighborhood parks around the world. For 20 + years Monsanto has claimed that this proprietary weed killer is safe. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But a host of recent studies have linked Roundup and glyphosate to an alarming number of diseases threatening animal and human health; including obesity, infertility, cancer, celiac disease, gluten intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome, autism and Alzheimer’s Disease. Also, we now understand that it is inside our bodies. More importantly, it is entering the bodies of our newborn children through breast milk.[/FONT]

Link

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Nasty stuff for sure. The sad part is most crops have been mutated to grow with it. Weeds are already becoming resistant to it and it's effectiveness shrinks every year.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This and other information makes me proud to farm Glycosate free.... I just wish my fellow farmers would get the message.

I don't even use roundup in, or around my yard anymore..

EPA was to issue a ruling on it's use some time, but I don't remember just when. Glycosate has been under revue for re licensing, required periodically.

Monsanto will not give up this fight easily, as it is the basis for Monsanto's existance.

Regards, Kirk

Bamby

tumblr_mbmsl1nwcp1r6m2leo1_500.jpg

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ironically, the auto selected ad on this Roundup bashing thread is for Roundup Ready Plus.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Ate some round up ready corn, or GMO corn this summer, was supposed to be sweet corn, it tasted like crap.