• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thinking about maybe buying a Camp trailer

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well . I am looking hard . The wife has finally seen enough trailers to realize exactly what she wants . I just got out of the hospital and feel about a million percent better . Got the all clear on Cancer from the doc so now I told the wife to go buy her trailer . Heres what she wants :
32-35 feet 5th wheel , front and rear fiberglass caps , king bed , all in one bathroom with doors , not accordion style , kitchen with island ,3 slides min , maybe a fireplace but not a deal breaker , New or used in excellent condition .
We kinda like the looks of the 2014 Cedar creek "silverback". Anybody have one or can give me a honest review ??
We are willing to travel anywhere within 1500 miles to get one . maybe more if the price is worth it .

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 160

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The deal breaker Al might be trying to get a king sized bed in a trailer that's approximately 32' - 35'. I'm not saying that there's not one out there but they're not common. Most in that size range have a queen or even a RV queen. Everything else on your wish list shouldn't be a problem.

Having said that I'm not familiar with the Cedar Creek Silverback.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The deal breaker Al might be trying to get a king sized bed in a trailer that's approximately 32' - 35'. I'm not saying that there's not one out there but they're not common. Most in that size range have a queen or even a RV queen. Everything else on your wish list shouldn't be a problem.

Having said that I'm not familiar with the Cedar Creek Silverback.

You are right ! Kings are not common , but we have seen a few . The 29RE Silverback has that option . I am letting Mama lead on this one . Its too small of a space to be cooped up in with a unhappy women .....:unsure:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
You are right ! Kings are not common , but we have seen a few . The 29RE Silverback has that option . I am letting Mama lead on this one . Its too small of a space to be cooped up in with a unhappy women .....:unsure:
Allen I have learned through 2 marriages . when that certain time comes around they are all grumpy .what you need is a toy hauler so you can set up your man cave in the back half

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OH BOY ! Oh BOY ! OH BOY !!!
I found the one we are buying ! Actually , the wife found it .
Its 2014 Keystone Cougar 36 footer with everything she wanted and pretty much everything I wanted too . Its in Michigan, but that's ok as we planned on going that way anyway .
So tomorrow I hope to close the deal and start preparing for a little road trip next month !!

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 2014-KEYSTONE-COUGAR-327RES-11291-9805.jpg
    2014-KEYSTONE-COUGAR-327RES-11291-9805.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 150

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen that is a very nice unit if I were to travel to the lower 48 for the winter that is what I would want for a home away from home.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That looks pretty good Allen.

I miss our 5th wheel. If there was any way that I could have got that 40' bugger up to the house, I would still have it. It was big with 5 slides, plenty of room and it was loaded. Nice unit.

I hope you two have lots of fun in yours. :wink::wink::wink:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, It now belongs to me . Going to dead head to Michigan to pick it up in a couple weeks . Then we head to Dover , N.H. to see our daughter .

Guess I will be installing that 5th wheel hitch next week on the old ford . Lots to do . The wife is going to start going through the storage to see how much stuff we have that can be loaded in the back and taken with us . I hate buying stuff that we will need when we have a storage room full of crap that will work . Looks like it will be a 3 day trip from the ranch . Mama is having a good time making a road map so we don't back tract the same way coming home .

SO LISTEN UP !!!! Give me some ideas of things you just gotta do or see as we return from the east coast headed West . Mama's talking about dropping down and going through Amish country, Penn , Ohio , Indiana, Ill,Misouri Kansas, Colorado, maybe Wy .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't offer any suggestions for your trip. I've never traveled up that way.

I can however offer some advice on route planning. The most popular software among RVers seems to be Microsoft's "Streets and Trips". You could join the Good Sam Club and use their route planning section. They also offer road side assistance that's pretty good. I used it once for a flat on the 5th wheel. It also covers your personal vehicles.

If you want to find RV Parks along the way, I use "RV Park Reviews" to find out what a place is like before stopping there. By the way, when route planning when towing the 5th wheel I'd advise that you don't plan on going much over 300 miles or so in a day. I know, it doesn't seem like much. You can do more, a lot more, but it becomes a real test of stamina instead of a restful jog through the countryside.

You guys have fun. It's a great way to spend some time and see different parts of the country while towing your "house" behind you.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen, if you are coming from the west and going into Michigan along the south end of Lake Michigan then you will be passing close to my place.

Let me know when you are in the area and we can meet for Breakfast, or Lunch or Dinner or whatever based on the time of day you are passing through here!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Man :sad:.... It looks like all the campgrounds are still closed for winter in the East during that time when we were planning on picking up the trailer . ???? Looks like we may head straight to our daughters home in N.H. then backtrack through Canada on the way home and pick up the trailer as we head back . I got commitments in June and cannot be gone waiting for them to open .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm. Usually the campgrounds up here are all open around mid may. Might be july this year though by the time all the snow is melted.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very Nice.
On your return trip you might want to travel through the blue ridge mtns of VA into WV. on I-64. Stop at Greenbriar, then then up I-77 to Ohio's first city where I'd be able to hook up with you for a spell. There are a few state parks with camping facilities all over this area.

----edit to add I had not read your most recent post in this thread, so I see you are heading across the great white north. .....if plans change you can drop by this way.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Doc .
hell I do not know what to do . Maybe we should drop down a little lower coming back home to Idaho . Biggest problem is I got a good buddy who is headed my way June 1st for two weeks . I need to be here as we will be designing his new home and starting construction . Last Year I spent 2 months in Panama and got way behind on yearly ranch repairs . The ranch hands have been busy catching up now that we can get around without fighting snow . I need to be here for summer . The trailer will only be used in the winter .