• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

We have a winner....

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
How can someone possibly be arrested twice in two weeks and test over 0.54 each time. The second time it is estimated that he would have tested at a 0.60 if tested at the scene.

Here's the article HEAVY drinker. Now you know why I don't drink with my neighbors. I just flat can't keep up with them!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not really. A heavy beer drinker who gets into some hard liquor could do that and still walk. Been there, done that.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
yeah but he looks rather young in the pic of him. i doubt i would be walking at that level, considering you are likely dead way before that

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
According to wiki, there have been people who survived BAC of 1.23 and higher.

The hangover alone would kill me. Here is a medical reference for effects of BAC:

The effects of alcohol intoxication are greatly influenced by individual variations among users. Some users may become intoxicated at a much lower Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) level than is shown.

0.02-0.03 BAC: No loss of coordination, slight euphoria and loss of shyness. Depressant effects are not apparent. Mildly relaxed and maybe a little lightheaded.

0.04-0.06 BAC: Feeling of well-being, relaxation, lower inhibitions, sensation of warmth. Euphoria. Some minor impairment of reasoning and memory, lowering of caution. Your behavior may become exaggerated and emotions intensified (Good emotions are better, bad emotions are worse)

0.07-0.09 BAC: Slight impairment of balance, speech, vision, reaction time, and hearing. Euphoria. Judgment and self-control are reduced, and caution, reason and memory are impaired, .08 is legally impaired and it is illegal to drive at this level. You will probably believe that you are functioning better than you really are.

0.10-0.125 BAC: Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, vision, reaction time and hearing will be impaired. Euphoria.

0.13-0.15 BAC: Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reduced and dysphoria (anxiety, restlessness) is beginning to appear. Judgment and perception are severely impaired.

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

0.20 BAC: Felling dazed, confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand or walk. If you injure yourself you may not feel the pain. Some people experience nausea and vomiting at this level. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

0.35 BAC: Coma is possible. This is the level of surgical anesthesia.

0.40 BAC and up: Onset of coma, and possible death due to
respiratory arrest.

loboloco

^^^ I saw that, but was looking for the highest survivable BAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content#Highest_recorded_blood_alcohol_level.2Fcontent

In December 2004, a man was admitted to the hospital in Plovdiv, Bulgaria after being struck by a car. After detecting a strong alcohol odor, doctors at a hospital conducted a breath test which displayed the man's blood alcohol content at 0.914% Concerned that their equipment was malfunctioning, doctors also performed five separate lab tests, all of which confirmed the man's incredible blood alcohol content.[37] The man was treated for serious injuries sustained in the crash but survived.[38]
In February 2005, French gendarmes from Bourg-en-Bresse, France also conducted a breath test on a man who lost control of his car. Despite of having a blood alcohol content at 0.976% [39], he was not injured after this accident, but was charged with a € 150 fine and his driving license was immediately canceled.
There have been cases reported in which individuals have supposedly survived blood alcohol contents of over 1.00%. In March 2009, a 45-year-old man was admitted to the hospital in Skierniewice, Poland after being struck by a car. The blood test showed blood alcohol content at 1.23%. The man survived however he did not remember either the accident or people he drank with.
[40] One such case was reported by O'Neil, et al. in 1984. They report on a 30-year old man who survived a blood alcohol concentration of 15,000 mg/100ml blood after vigorous medical intervention.[41]

Please note, Rusty, this is not a challenge.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
or because I just suspected him of smelling me coming every weekend and logging off before I could log on! :whistling: :yum:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Doubt I have the tolerance anymore, but I recall when dating my wife: she'd have a single girlie drink or maybe two while I'd put down several [or more] beers and several snifters - after trading seats a couple times, nearly every time she'd toss me the keys confident I could drive straighter. Not encouraging such behavior, but attesting to alcohol affecting people different and definitely having a tolerance factor.