• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stanley/Bostitch company

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Everyone hears about companies who have slipped on customer service, so I thought I'd post about a favorable experience from a company. Obviously from the title, I'm talking about Stanley/Bostitch. I bought a combo pack of one of their compressors and two nailers on eBay. When it arrived, it was apparent that UPS had dropped the box upside down. The plastic handle on the top of the compressor and the plastic housing on the compressor was all busted up. I tried to contact the seller on eBay for about the last 2 weeks and have gotten nowhere. It is a fairly big seller called "toolking". Their customer service is non-existant.

Anyway, I called Stanley/Bostitch today and was just going to order the replacement parts for my new portable compressor. I explained what had happened and was asking how much those replacement parts would cost with shipping. Much to my surprise, the Stanley/Bostitch customer service rep told me that they wanted to make sure that I was taken care of even though I'd purchased the unit on eBay. They registered the warranty in my name and then told me that they would be shipping the replacement parts out to me free of charge. :eek: To me, that was going above and beyond the call of duty! You can bet that I will be buying more Stanley/Bostitch tools in the future.

No big deal, but I thought I'd pass along a pleasant customer service experience. It seems that such an occurrence is getting more and more rare these days.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Based upon the customer service that I have seen lately, that is excellent service and I thing that they deserve a big :applause: .

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm still in shock and am just trying to find out what other tool they make that I need right now. My wife heard the conversation and is even telling me that I need to buy more of their products. She said that it is probably their marketing strategy; give great customer service and people like me will buy more of their products.

Gees, what a novel idea! :thumb: Besides that, it works for me. I'm really tired of how much the concept of customer service has dropped in the last few years. I feel like an unpaid promoter for them right now. Oh well, if they continue to treat me and everyone else who buys from them that way, I think they will have a lot more just like me. :applause:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I have bought a lot from Toolking in the past without any problems. The one time that a problem arose, they told me to contact the manufacturer and the manufacturer would make good on it. De Walt sent me the pieces immediately. Seems that is the way things work nowadays. The sellers, or as the manufacturers prefer to call them, "re-seller", sell the products, but customer service falls to the manufacturers to deal with. Short of a total DOA that the seller will deal with, the Mfg prefers to deal with the customer. I can still remember the Bostitch factory in Orange NJ, before Stanley bought them out. Today, the Bostitch line is dwindling down to nothing. At one time, they were the largest manufacturer of stapling equipment in the world. I needed some staples for a Bostitch hammer stapler this past week, and the only place that I could get them from was a place in Brooklyn, NY that I found doing a Google search. Bostitch made some great industrial staplers in the past.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
I have bought a lot from Toolking in the past without any problems. The one time that a problem arose, they told me to contact the manufacturer and the manufacturer would make good on it.

I also had purchased from them in the past with no problem. Now if you try to contact them, you will not get any response until about the 10th try in about 2 weeks. Then their only option was for me to pay $50 to ship the item back to them and they would look at it. Another 8 or 10 emails to them went ignored. F them! I will not deal with a company who will not respond to you at all; especially over the internet. Their customer support has dropped from about a 9, on a scale of 1 to 10, to a zero. They are definitely off of my list of people I'll buy from on eBay.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
A company with poorly or cheaply made products will have much more chance of survival in business for many years with good customer service. Too many manufactures have neither, a well thought out product or any customer service after the sale. I just love to talk to someone in India that cannot even speak basic english. :( Thanks for the info on Stanley/Bostitch. I will look at their products when I have choice of manufacturers.

BoneheadNW

Dargo said:
I also had purchased from them in the past with no problem. Now if you try to contact them, you will not get any response until about the 10th try in about 2 weeks. Then their only option was for me to pay $50 to ship the item back to them and they would look at it. Another 8 or 10 emails to them went ignored. F them! I will not deal with a company who will not respond to you at all; especially over the internet. Their customer support has dropped from about a 9, on a scale of 1 to 10, to a zero. They are definitely off of my list of people I'll buy from on eBay.
Dargo, while you have probably already done do, make sure you let your feelings be known over on ebay. If enough people do so, maybe that will be incentive for Toolking to clean up their act.
Bonehead