• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Federal Government No Longer Challenging Texas' Voter ID Law

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Federal Government No Longer Challenging Texas' Voter ID Law
Christine Rousselle|Posted: Feb 27, 2017 1:50 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/02/27/texas-voter-id-n2291386

The Trump administration has announced that they will no longer be challenging Texas' law that requires a photo ID to vote. The Obama administration had sued the state in 2013 after Texas implemented its new law following the Supreme Court decision invalidating part of the Voting Rights Act. This part required certain states, including Texas, to get approval from the Justice Department before changing voting laws--meaning that Texas could now implement a voter ID law without the federal government interfering.

To vote in Texas, a person must produce a Texas driver's license, an Election Identity Certificate, U.S. passport, military ID, Texas personal ID card, or a citizenship certificate containing a photograph. If these are not available due to a "reasonable impediment," a person can also present a paycheck or utility bill. These requirements have been referred to as some of the strictest in the country.

rugerman

One of the local tv stations (Montgomery) had a story that had the NAACP saying that 100,000 Alabama folks weren't able to vote because they didn't have a picture ID as mandated by Alabama law. But the ID is free to everyone, so if you can go get your groceries you can go get your ID. Just a excuse to oppose the voter ID law

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
and mail in ballots, how can they be enforced?

That is exactly why Democrats ride this train. Mail in ballots are very difficult to verify. I think we need to limit that, to those who can actually prove they are unable to vote on election day. :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Desert Dude

ID required in Arizona.

I found out when I registered to vote and volunteered to work at my local polling station. I wanted to make sure there was no voting fraud going on, that's why I volunteered.

I took a class and became a Marshall. I wanted my eye on every square inch of the voting process in my location.

It was flawless. No way to cheat at all. I was very happy to see that. And the people were awesome (voters, and co-workers).

When I took my turns at the ballot machine, I couldn't help but peek as they inserted their ballots. Trump, Trump, Trump, Hilderbeast (grrr), Trump, Trump.

I wanted to stuff every vote for Hillary in my pants as I unloaded the machine after the polls closed, but I took an oath. I put myself there to prevent voter fraud after all.

It was a long day, with little pay, but worth it. :US_flag: