• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My wife lives with an idiot

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am that idiot she lives with.

So we live about 6 miles outside of a small town, but for any real shopping other than groceries or basic hardware items, its about a 20 mile drive to the nearest shopping area.

We are hosting a large group tomorrow for Thanksgiving. We didn't have enough dinner plates or flatware. So I get sent on an errand. Buy 16 modestly priced plates and matching dessert plates. Something that will not clash with that which we already own. While I am at it, I am supposed to buy 16 place settings of modest stainless flatwear.

OK seems simple enough. Even I should be able to do that!!!

20 miles up to the local Kohls store and I find some "sets" of dishes. The box says 4 piece Placesettings. I grab 4 of those. I also find flatware. Grab 2 boxes off the shelf. Check out, load the car and return home, another 20 miles.

Got home and the lovely wife of mine opens that first box of dishes and says: "There is ONLY 1 plate in the box!"

Apparently I bought a single placesetting. I thought it was a box of 4 place settings. Damn. Now I need to go back and hope they have 12 more boxes, oh, and its just another 40 minute drive each way (because of traffic up near the shopping area).

OK, so I'm clearly an idiot.

But wait there is more :hammer:

The 2 boxes of flatware are stacked on the counter. She looks at the top box, approvingly, seems happy with that choice. Then picks that box up and asks why I didn't buy 2 boxes of the SAME flatware :sad:

Damn. Apparently the boxes on the shelf were assorted in the row. I stupidly grabbed 2 and assumed they were the same.

Anyone want to guess the rest of the story :doh:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh I clearly admit my own stupidity today.

No excuses.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like something I'd do. That kind of chore should never be passed on to a man. You were set up for failure. I really don't think you had a chance.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Had she went herself instead of pushing it off on you..all would be well.......even if it had turned out the same way!!!!!!!:whistling:

You need to find a better place to hide!!!:biggrin:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if I was actually set up for failure, all I know is that I was clearly not paying attention.

The ONLY saving grace was that I did NOT complain. Not sure how that happened. But it probably saved me.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would have told her "you have 4 extra settings and are just going to cover them with food".:whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I read all the posts in this thread and started to comment but prudently decided to take the 5th.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You should have gone to Gordon Food Service and got the whole shebang at once.
They have plates, flatware that looks like silver etc.
Disposable.

Course, that's what a woman would have done. :yum:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if I was actually set up for failure, all I know is that I was clearly not paying attention.

The ONLY saving grace was that I did NOT complain. Not sure how that happened. But it probably saved me.

Probably right..........now wait until you are 70........:ermm:.......it will seem like every day is like that!!!!!! But....its still fun to chase Mom around the table!!!!!! and ya dont have to worry about other folks being around when ya do it......because by the time ya catch her..............:sad: ya cant remember why the hell you were running in the first place!!!!!!!!:ermm::doh::doh:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We don't invite people cultured enough that they need to be fed on non-disposable plates or with metal flatware. My people use Wal-Mart disposable plates, and the classier family members spring for Chinet divided plates. But they all use throw-away plastic flatware.

Yes, you were setup for failure. Every woman knows that their husband is not as smart as they are, otherwise they wouldn't have married us. We're no threat to them, just ask them.:yum:

Attachments

• chinet.jpg
    chinet.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 45

k-dog

It's clearly your wife's fault. Men are not supposed to be entrusted with tasks of picking out dishes or matching stuff. If she would have asked you to build some rifles, that would have been no problem even though there are all sorts of pieces and springs. Change the oil, plow the day driveway, mow the grass but not do plate shopping. She should have known better to give you such a difficult task. :biggrin: