• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

aircraft recovery with spryte 1200c

G

Georgette

Im not to sure what the weight on the trailer and aircraft was but I didnt feel it at all while I was pulling it. We pulled it through rocky terrain and hills. It was maybe an 11km drive off road. (everyone walked away fine)

We call the Spryte" Georgette", thats her name lol

Attachments

• forforum.jpg
    forforum.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 347
  • forforum2.jpg
    forforum2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 346
  • forforum3.jpg
    forforum3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 345
  • forforumm4.jpg
    forforumm4.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 346

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
A stripped down Beaver like that is probably 2000-2500 pounds. They list an empty weight of 3000, but that's with wings and landing gear.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for pictures...

Is it just me, or the passenger side grouser is broken on the first picture (front idler)?

G

Georgette

Thanks for pictures...

Is it just me, or the passenger side grouser is broken on the first picture (front idler)?

The track was a little bit loose after 2 tires shredded... you can see if you look close, and two grousers got bunched up. It was a VERY rocky ride I just popped them apart with a pry bar changed the tires and tightened up the track. Good eye though :clap:

Last edited:

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
The track was a little bit loose after 2 tires shredded... you can see if you look close, and two grousers got bunched up. It was a VERY rocky ride I just popped them apart with a pry bar changed the tires and tightened up the track. Good eye though :clap:

I know this is painful to hear $$$ fill those tires full of foam and you will never look back NEVER.. :flowers: Not sure where you could get that done up there... Mine were all foam filled cost me $300. to replace one tire foam and all. Rougher ride but dependable.

Great photos great story !

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I know this is painful to hear $$$ fill those tires full of foam and you will never look back NEVER.. :flowers: Not sure where you could get that done up there... Mine were all foam filled cost me $300. to replace one tire foam and all. Rougher ride but dependable.

BS mine are foam filled still falling apart it really sucks when one of those foamys come off the rim and wind up tangled in the track. good new tires are the best or having the tires foamed to the right pressure would be the next best deal wished Brad had a satellite store on the west caost so I could have him do some for me

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
also good job I picked up a 170 off the ice a couple years ago with my little snow trac

G

Georgette

Up here there are NO places for foaming your tires. I am replacing the foam filled with just air filled. 50$ a tire and if I need to change them every year thats ok with me. They are holding up just fine :wink:

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Up here there are NO places for foaming your tires. I am replacing the foam filled with just air filled. 50$ a tire and if I need to change them every year thats ok with me. They are holding up just fine :wink:

What kind of tire did you go with ? I had an aircraft tire that treated me well. Great side wall.

G

Georgette

What kind of tire did you go with ? I had an aircraft tire that treated me well. Great side wall.

I got some firestone 8ply trailer tires lol. They seem to be holding up well. Like I said before if I get a year out of them im happy. I use my machine as a daily driver... today I went to the grocery store in it. Im in a small town with lots of snowed in streets so it comes in handy a lot.

utahwilson

Don, my tires are foam filled and I never have had a problem with the snowcat sitting in my shop for two years now. :w00t2:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Kevin it wont be such an issue on your lighter machine, but if your filling company has one of those machines that can't have the pressure adjusted. running around with a foam charge of 35 psi on a tire that needs 80, is kind of like walking around with your shoes un tied the tires will build heat and fall apart. shame on you treating your snow trac like a krusty.