• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Midwest Cat CLOWDER 2016

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Why yes we do!
Sadly it is a fixed sort of competition for the special kids.
Kristy KT-4 has won it every year we have set the class....

:w00t2:

WE are hoping for a slow speed contest. and the show and shine isn't always so shiny.....

so, i get it, you have special kids with KT4's, guess there is nothing i can do to beat that :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, let see.....
Maybe if you grab that KT-3 and punch the exhaust up through the hood.

Hydraulically fix one track in the down and the other in the up position....

Perhaps a-fix a blue tarp on there some how for a soft top.....

hell throw in a 6-7 whip CB antenna... (oooh oooh put a racoon tail on the top)

then throw candy to bribe for votes.....

maybe then we would have a contest...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Time to start dusting off your boots and put the finishing touches on your cat... The Clowder is less than a month away! :clap:
Here is a link with more information:
http://www.bigpowderhorn.net/newsletters/new/newsletter-clowder.htm

I am ready!!

Been waiting a year now for this fun event! :clap:

I think we may have more snow than many here this year. I have put 25 hours on the Snow Trac, and two coyoties are forever gone.... :unsure::wink:

I hope we have some newbies this year to! :flowers:

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think, I have some reservations in town, I better get off my but and figure out where I am going to lay my head!!!!

I really enjoyed the on campus lodging last year.

Bait Guy

Yeah, me too, I like staying at the resort, that way the adult bev's seem to flow better and faster also.:wow:I must get hold of Kirk to see where he is staying, I sure liked his breakfast last year.

100MPH

Hi all

The Midwest Cat CLOWDER 2016 looks to be a very fun time. Would have liked to made it last year, but was spending quality time with the 252 Skidozer in the shop. This year is open for me and I am looking to attend. Any info on the trail ride to Lake Superior would be great here or PM me. I am looking forward to meeting new people with same interests.

Thanks Ed

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well the snow report is sounding great, My co-worker was in the area for a ski race and was sharing the massive amount of snow that fell Saturday and into Sunday...

100MPH I look forward to meeting you...

Can someone little more local confirm the snow report?

Getting excited,, why Yes I am.

Bait Guy

Sounds real good to me, I also am waiting on a real good snow report. Remember to bring chain saw this year Mike. I will bring Bruce to do the work ( ha ha). I have my grill this year (all of it this time), Matt brought wood last year I believe, that was real nice to have a cookout also. I think I read something about Kirk wanting to jump off the Copperhead ski jump this year, Hell I take pictures of that for sure, also I put my claim on his SnoTrac if he doesn't make it.:brows::w00t2:

Kristi Kt-4

100mph- Welcome to the forum and looking forward to meeting you at the Clowder.... (I hope that you didn't set the Skidozer up for 100 mph speeds). If you did you will surely win the top speed drag contest! :wow:

baitguy/redsqwrl- We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground and are currently under a lake effect snow advisory to drop another 6-8 inches by tomorrow afternoon. I was at Big Powderhorn this afternoon riding shotgun moving snow/snow guns around.

The trail ride will be the same format as last year.... Thursday is up in the air depending on group size and Friday will be at Copper Peak ski jump. It is approximately 10 miles round trip to Lake Superior from the jump. I have plenty of wood and am planning to have lunch on the trail with a fire. I will get the hot dogs and buns. Bring your own can also be done or a dish to pass. Is anyone attending the groomer show in St Germain, Wi on Wednesday?

Last edited:

100MPH

What time would the the trail ride on Thursday depart? From Copper Peak? I will be new to the clowder so I am going to ask questions, could make it Thursday to get some trail riding in.

We need any type trail-pass, registration...?

Bait Guy

Well, last year was my first year and we sort of gathered at the resort and worked out way over to Copperhead. You will get some time to show us your "backing" skills with your trailer (unless if there is a turnaround now), then we take off from there and had a lunch along the way and there is time for repairs if need be, we are in no hurry and we enjoy the moment. I think last year we did this on Friday, but I might be wrong. Be prepared for a few Bull**** sessions along the way. No registration or passes were needed last year.

Kristi Kt-4

What time would the the trail ride on Thursday depart? From Copper Peak? I will be new to the clowder so I am going to ask questions, could make it Thursday to get some trail riding in.

We need any type trail-pass, registration...?

Baitguy answered most of your questions I think.... Both days of trail riding are pretty open and have room for change. Thursday depends on how many machines, if they all start (haha), and what everyone wants to do. Last year we met in the morning and decided where to go. On Friday, hopefully we can get everyone going and meet at the hill for 8am. I will check out the plowing situation at Copper Peak before the Clowder. Feel free to ask away with questions on here, pm me or any of the other regular posters on this thread. Is Snomad coming with you?

Bait Guy

Called this morning for a snow report, the lady on the other end says they have about a foot and a half of snow and is snowing at the moment. Sounds good I believe. Also made reservations (glad I called), room that I was looking at last week is GONE. Mike, I tried calling you to let you know, if for any reason you cant get a room, the one I booked will sleep up to 8 she said. Right now 4 will be in there. 1 block away from the lodge itself.

100MPH

Snomad is planning to be there. Not sure what plowing would be needed at Copper Peak but Snomad and I could help out with the Ski-dozer. Earliest that we could make a starting point would be 10AM on Thursday:sad:.

Kristi Kt-4

The plowing is refering to the turn around at the dead end of Copper Peak road. It is pretty tight trying to get turned around with a truck/trailer. Thursday around 10 am or after lunch should work.... Nobody last year was grumbling about start times. We actually went to two different places on Thursday last year. We stopped at Big Powderhorn for lunch around noon. The 2 hours on Friday will make a big difference with natural lighting and sight seeing.

Bait Guy

If we take the same route up to Lake Superior as last, it would be nice if some of the trees could be trimmed for height and width. Since I sat taller then many last year, my mirrors took the brunt of it.

100MPH

Sounds like Thursday will be fun. We can make a start time of late morning or later. If someone wants to throw a starting time and place out that should get us moving. I will have chainsaw along to help out trimming the trail.:poke:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sounds like fun I may have to try to attend I wont be towing any thing but I would be an attendee fro the farthest place in the us.

Hey Don, Its about the best time to round up the airfare. Let me know which airport to pick you up at.....

Oh and what color snow cat you want to drive...

service is what were selling......:smile:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In the roll call dept.
Snow Shadow, has accepted work and moved out of the area.
Snow Grooming magazine has a new owner as well and is doubtful.

Two class acts that will be missed dearly, but we shall press on in their absence.

Ironically One of them currently lives very close to another fine Clowder type event.... I will personally smack him/her on the back of the head if He/she shirks his/her ambassador duty to make an appearance at our sister/brother event....

You two are hear by warned.

I thought throat punch or bitch slap was too strong of a descriptor...
either way it is time to get revved up.

support your local event......

Oh and Matt, if, By final touches.... You meant fire up the parts cat and slam and jam through the gears to make sure everything stays together.. then I am ready as ever. I gave the new to me tucker a good run last weekend and It has moved into the lottery position as a possible loaner cat.... It is possible that another tucker may make the trip up/over.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the thread from last year:
Lots of photos and background info for newbie reference.

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=69053

Here is a couple photos of the turn around and the respective perma-grin caused by snow cat operation in the YOOP.

Remember Sau Na = SAW NAH let it drawl out of your nasal cavity a bit and you will be OK.

Paah-sty Not PAY STY (never gravy, even if they offer it)

Attachments

• smiles.jpg
    smiles.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 229
  • trail head.jpg
    trail head.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 225

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that man hiding a beer?

Nope but I can be!!! :brows:

Been trying to wear out/break down with my ST here this winter. Great conditions and lots of miles.

Dang little machine is pretty tough though. :whistling:

I see the UP has gotten some more snow to!!!!

Going to be tons of fun up there!!

Regards, Kirk

Kristi Kt-4

Roll call.... Who is getting excited for the Midwest Cat Clowder? :hammer:
I had my Tucker out today after I greased all 248 rollers with our fresh snow last night... The experts were calling for 2"-3" inches and the pics show what fell from the sky. Gotta love the fluffy light lake effect snow! I did't officially measure but the snow was up to my knees when I took the pics. Probably 18" inches fell and the experts are calling for a big doozie next Tuesday but no amounts specified yet. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 20160128_164056.jpg
    20160128_164056.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 20160128_164118.jpg
    20160128_164118.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 20160128_164141.jpg
    20160128_164141.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 167