• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hmm... what is this?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you guys have all the luck the only ground i see that smooth is roads around here looks likes a lot of fun.

Snowshadow

Snowshadow here,

Long time listener, first time caller...

I have to give a big thank you to Redsqwrl and 300H&H for properly indoctrinating me to the snow-trac affliction. I know how much everyone likes pics, so here goes...

100_0254.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0237.jpg

For the full album go to http://sdrv.ms/XSA44w

Thanks again,

Snowshadow

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Great film and music !
Welcome Snowshadow !

Looks like you guys had fun :clap:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Where are the fish?? Or was this a trial run?:clap:

Trial run, The season opens next weekend, this was a outing to proof the snow tracs. run the chainsaw, Infect snow shadow with the Snow cat disease. and generally get outside and see what the status ice conditions.

The photos are of some Stress crack inspection.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/attachment.php?attachmentid=66291&stc=1&d=1360029020
Ice Harvesting. (testing the quality of the ice)

A Park ranger informing me the park was closed. (turns out to be a spryte owner)

A surprising visit from a black helicopter. (Funny how the ATF had a sting in our county over the weekend and some random black helicopter finds 300 h-h and snow shadow in a parking lot with a DNR enforcement officer:whistling: Just saying)

Attachments

• 124_7266 (Small).JPG
    124_7266 (Small).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 372
  • 124_7274 (Small).JPG
    124_7274 (Small).JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 124_7300 (Small).JPG
    124_7300 (Small).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 124_7305 (Small).JPG
    124_7305 (Small).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 367

Sno-Surfer

That looks like a riot! Beautiful day for it too. It must be nice to have a few Snow Tracs together just is case someone has some issues. Did you catch any?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks like a riot! Beautiful day for it too. It must be nice to have a few Snow Tracs together just is case someone has some issues. Did you catch any?

No fishing, just scouting and socializing. the Season starts next weekend.

Well if you count bottle bass, there was a couple catch and release episodes.....

Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it was a hoot!

Even if I tried to cross a drainage ditch, and FAILED.... Bent the bumper a little and the fender too. I made a poor choice, I won't make again untill I forget the next time anyway...

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago002_zps441214a3.jpg

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago007_zps8a0f237b.jpg

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago021_zpsab11997f.jpg

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago019_zpsf8eced8b.jpg

Larry, Curley and Moe, and some one we don't know!?! You guess who's who... And the snowshadow...

Great company and good times, excellent local beer, and excellent food. What more is there? I'd do it again in a heart beat, except for the drainage ditch part... More snow would have been nice as well. I have a feeling these three machines will be getting together to play again...I also think there are some guys in Wisconsin who are probably on the internet looking up "Snow Trac" right about now, to see about how to get one....Lots of rubber neckers I noticed.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks cold! Wide open spaces to let them roll.:clap:

Ya, it was probably about zero out that day, maybe low single digits...:smile: And let them roll, we sure did!:clap:

No wind made it quite nice actually. Also I cheated, I had a Mr Heat propane heater (ideal for a Snow Trac:thumb:) in the cab running while we were parked. I had a warm place to go if I needed to. :wink:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it was a hoot!

Even if I tried to cross a drainage ditch, and FAILED.... Bent the bumper a little and the fender too. I made a poor choice, I won't make again untill I forget the next time anyway...

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago002_zps441214a3.jpg

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago007_zps8a0f237b.jpg

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago021_zpsab11997f.jpg

SnowTracsonLakeWinabago019_zpsf8eced8b.jpg

Larry, Curley and Moe, and some one we don't know!?! You guess who's who... And the snowshadow...

Great company and good times, excellent local beer, and excellent food. What more is there? I'd do it again in a heart beat, except for the drainage ditch part... More snow would have been nice as well. I have a feeling these three machines will be getting together to play again...I also think there are some guys in Wisconsin who are probably on the internet looking up "Snow Trac" right about now, to see about how to get one....Lots of rubber neckers I noticed.

Regards, Kirk

What is that talk of Rolling and a ditch??:unsure: I thought with out pictures it didn't happen???:whistling: I know nothing of the sort???

Snow shadow taking the picture is ironic......

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey midwesterners, I was made aware that in addition to the Spryte owner, there was a B-12 owner who has been seen running the lake as well. The sturgeon season is sucking wind, very dirty water they might be 6' long but if you can't see em.... (at least the fish are biting.) so maybe another outing is in order?

I will have to find a way to get all the over the snow folks together for another outing. Maybe before the sun starts eating the snow....
Wesley, Undy are fairly close. 300 h-h. Ranger rick (spryte) The mystery Bombadier guy..... Who else?

Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up North or on the lake? Kids have a spring break 4 day weekend some time here pretty soon...

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Up North or on the lake? Kids have a spring break 4 day weekend some time here pretty soon...

Regards, Kirk

either/or is fine with me. the snow is better up north.... the lake is more social as there is more places to visit and what not.....

I will inquire up north to get some permission feelers out in regards to the trail use. My understanding now is we are fine as long as the last guy is pulling a drag. the only sucky part would be dragging the drag while going cross country. There are miles of forest roads up there but at some point we will intersect snomo trails and we need to smooth out our tracks. :whistling:

Stay tuned