• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

newguy with old hydromaster3700 with ?s

my03predator

hey everybody im a mechanic with a new job.As you can tell buy my title its a hydromaster 3700. the problem is once the unit is warmed up and under way it steers and moves fwr and back but when you drop the blade to move snow it loses power and becomes sluggish feeling any ideas of where to begin would be greatly appretiated.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate to say it, but it appears your pump preasures are inadiquate when the oil is hot. Unless you have a clogged return filter, that is. Hope it's the filters. Other wise it sounds like your in need of either pump or motor rebuilds, or both. First step is to check the pump out put preasures when the machine is up to temperature. IF the pumps are OK, then the wheel motors are bypassing too much oil and are in need of rebuilding.

When you say it looses power, does the motor pull down, or not? If not I am really sure about what I have said. If it pulls the motor back, it could be engine related, not the hydorstats. Again this is probably better than the pumps and motors, cost wise to repair....

Good luck, Kirk

my03predator

hey thanks in advance for the help and no the motor does not pull down. im going to put gauges on it tomarro and see wher im at with my preshers

Just making sure you are operating it properly: Set the RPMs to 1700 with the hand throttle and control speed and direction with the steering levers. There is also a two speed switch on the floor that looks like a old truck dimmer switch and a light on the panel that lights when in high gear if I remember correctly. In low gear with the engine and pumps in good shape that cat will push a mountain of snow but be careful not to stall the engine if you ask too much of it. Let us know what the pressures check out.