• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need Central Utah Snowcat Buddy, Im Stuck.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck with getting er done today. Great pics. You were really stuck. Good job getting out and :tiphat: to all for the good advise. :clap: :clap: :clap:

2datop

UPDATE!

We finally had decent weather and the ATV got us back up on the Mtn. 3 hours of winching and digging, but the mattracks and Polaris did the trick.

This is how we left her.

P1120734.jpg

This is what we found when we got there...
P1120770.jpg

P1120773.jpg

after some serious diggin....
the snow... wet, heavy and sticking to the aluminum shovels
P1120781.jpg

we missed video on the first pull out.... was quick... and made it look easy.... it's all in the setup!
here she sits... after the first pull of the day.
P1120793.jpg

CLICK ON THIS PIC TO WATCH Video of the 2nd pull of the day. Didn't realize at the time, but the batts are getting really tired. also didn't realize how much the winch was pulling down on the blade. going to need to add some hooks to go under the blade for pulling.

ahhhh finally, up on top.

P1120815.jpg

Time to build a road and go home. Only prob, about out of gas, and batts are weak. Not enough power to run blade. Let the cat run at 2000 rpm for about 20 mins... and the blade would barely raise 3 times.

I think it's time for a high output alternator.

one more trip, with a charged batt and some fuel. if we don't get it done before the next storm, it could take a couple more weeks.

again, thx to the experts on how to winch... the suggestions were sooooooo right on!

once the digging was done, the winch nudged and the cat, pulled herself up and out. was amazing. thanks again for the support.

Last edited:

snow dog

Good, pictures are nice. If you could have raised the anchor point of that winch line the downward pull would be less. lift and drag

snow dog

Good, pictures are nice. If you could have raised the anchor point of that winch line the downward pull would be less. lift and drag

thanks for sharing:biggrin:

2datop

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlLw1WGD7A"]YouTube - DMC 1200 building a road on a steep sidehill[/ame]

out and home.... this was the same sidehill. tried different methods of building this road. The one shown here seemed to work best.

Did find out the blade sytem problem was weak batteries. Prob the same issue with the winch. Gonna see if the alternator is working right.

Kitty is home... safe and sound....

Thx again for all the suggestions on how to do it.

berg

How much of that sidehill plowing did you have to do before you hit the flats?...looks like packed snow and a lot of work.. glad you made it out .

2datop

@berg

Thx... Im glad too.

a total of about 1000 feet, in this area, then maybe another dozen or so 50-100 foot spots, none near as steep or deep as this.

It was a very heavy wet packed snow.

trackhead

Bump......just saw this.

I ski up there all the time! We usually park our cars at the base, ski up Mona Pole Road, then cut off and ski Nebo.

I'm hoping to take my tracked Samurai up to the first meadow and spend some time up there this winter. No way I'm cutting any roads, so hopefully you are up there before me;)

Did you used to own a Bombi?

Nebo20.jpg

the old trucker

2datop.... in that last video you put on here I noticed you have a sliding window in your drivers side door that looks like it is mounted in a rubber gasket or frame of some sort. Any chance of getting a closeup of it & would you know if they are still available. Thanks....

The Old Trucker

2datop

@trackhead

great pic of the slopes of Nebo with Mona Res in the background!

Let me know when your going.... Might just be able to bust the trail for you.

2datop

@ the old tucker

will try to do that for you this weekend....

Check with Peterson Equipment in Logan Utah. They would know if available.