• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My little antenna farm

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it took awhile, but for now I'm set with antennas until the weather breaks and I can get on the roof and out into the yard. It's just too damn cold outside to try to work with your hands and small parts.

Here's the farm I have planted in the attic of my garage. It ain't purty, but it damn sure works good enough for now.

P1030265-1.jpg

P1030264-1.jpg

P1030262-1-1.jpg

and of course, you gotta have a "shack," so here's mine in the basement...

P1030266-1.jpg

P1030267.jpg

Now for the $64 dollar question...Where are the other guys who said thay wanted to get into ham?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
To damn many gadgets & wires for me , but you lost my interest when you started talking about all the damn tests . Besides I dont even like talking on the phone.:w00t2:

Looks like an interesting hobby though so thanks for sharing :wink:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
looks good progress is good still asking if you have looked into irlp if you don't have a node station pm me for contact and i can tell you about how to get a node for your self wth out not a whole lot cash involved

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
looks good progress is good still asking if you have looked into irlp if you don't have a node station pm me for contact and i can tell you about how to get a node for your self wth out not a whole lot cash involved
I'm looking at buying a mini-laptop dedicated to the ham hobby and associated sortware. I'm up and running on EchoLink, and making contacts over the Internet and even on my I-Pod Touch. If you had a free EchoLink node (mine is 557637) we could already be talking online, but the irlp is going to require additional hardware and software at this time. I am also getting my feet wet on digital communications using flDigi, and have sent and received communications using the radio and computer and this software. Right now my concern is that I will compromise my MacBook which I use for my business ,so I'm getting a computer dedicated strictly to theses endeavors. I will be able to package hardware and software that are compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems, whereas the Mac is not fully integrated with all that is available in the software packages. The EchoLink for Mac software I'm using lacks all the bells & whistles that come with the Windows version.

In short, I'm looking at it and will follow through with it, but not until I get the new computer.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the alaska reflector 9070 has an echolink port in it all you have to do is hook up to kl7m than you can make contacts through the alaska reflector to include me as i frequent the alaska reflector as for a node station you want a cheap stand alone box and you add a linnux system to and irlp card once you have it running you almost never have to touch it kind of like a repeater. so give it a try look forward to hearing you