• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama Wants $1.25 B to Compensate up to 66,000 African American Farmers for USDA Disc

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Just another way for Obama to cause divisiveness. This guy has less leadership skill than Homer Simpson (sorry, Homer).

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I get a kick out of "African American". I wonder how many blacks have provable African ancestry, yet, all blacks are called African American. Talk about racist.

SShepherd

Any chance maybe they really were discriminated against?

Counting the original 20,000 who met the 1999 deadline and the 66,000 who did not, there are a total of 86,000 African Americans who “farmed or attempted to farm” from 1981 through 1996 made a claim of discrimination or are seeking to make one against the U.S. government.
Yet, the alleged discrimination against these 86,000 African American farmers occurred during a period when the peak African American farm-operator population was 33,000, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

So, I guess the other 53,000 herd about Obama money?

mak2

Counting the original 20,000 who met the 1999 deadline and the 66,000 who did not, there are a total of 86,000 African Americans who “farmed or attempted to farm” from 1981 through 1996 made a claim of discrimination or are seeking to make one against the U.S. government.
Yet, the alleged discrimination against these 86,000 African American farmers occurred during a period when the peak African American farm-operator population was 33,000, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

So, I guess the other 53,000 herd about Obama money?

So how are they getting awarded the money? Really. I really suspect there is one of those little facts you guys left out again. If it is awarded to people who werent even farming and could not deserve it isnt that fraud?

loboloco

Any chance maybe they really were discriminated against?
Mak, I had a small farm during the time period that is being discussed. I was unable to get these loans because I did not qualify or would not sign up for the crop reduction programs. Was I discriminated against? I didn't think so. Many of these people couldn't qualify either, which is why they didn't receive the loans. Others refused to follow the rules and were disqualified. This isn't discrimination, it's failure to qualify. The fact I am black or white or indian was never a factor.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
So how are they getting awarded the money? Really. I really suspect there is one of those little facts you guys left out again. If it is awarded to people who werent even farming and could not deserve it isnt that fraud?

We have a winner . DUH , But this is the same government you defend constantly & I aint even talking about the current administration , The fact that the government pays out benefits to dead people , folks in prison & all the other lazy fucks out there , should be a clue Somethings been fucked up for a long time & its only getting worse now with your fuckin hero .

You pull the racist card constantly Mak if you cant see WTF is going on now & dont call it racist from Your president then I dont know what to say . But then again I,m a dumbass, uneducated that refuses to be told what I can do & what is best for me . This aint about left or right , this is about common fuckin sense & something they obviouslly havent taught for years in college . :hammer:

loboloco

Mak, this is a simple do the math deal 86,000 total claims made minus 33,000 actual farmers(of which only 20,000) made a claim. 53,000 non farmers claiming discrimination for not farming. Or, alternatively, 63,000 since only 20,000 claims were made.

mak2

We have a winner . DUH , But this is the same government you defend constantly & I aint even talking about the current administration , The fact that the government pays out benefits to dead people , folks in prison & all the other lazy fucks out there , should be a clue Somethings been fucked up for a long time & its only getting worse now with your fuckin hero .

You pull the racist card constantly Mak if you cant see WTF is going on now & dont call it racist from Your president then I dont know what to say . But then again I,m a dumbass, uneducated that refuses to be told what I can do & what is best for me . This aint about left or right , this is about common fuckin sense & something they obviouslly havent taught for years in college . :hammer:

I dont defend this government constantly. If money is being awarded to people that cannot possible deserve it, the people how are trying to award it should be prosecuted. But the right has lost so much creditability I dont beleive any of these stories till I find it somewhere besides the wing nut blogs. Just like that story aobut Obama taking the 401k's. Absolutely no trught to it.

Are you sure you dont confuse what you call yourself with me calling you that?

Just dont say any particular race is lazy or stupid or dont contribute to society and I wont point out the racial nature of such statements.

SShepherd

I dont defend this government constantly. If money is being awarded to people that cannot possible deserve it, the people how are trying to award it should be prosecuted. But the right has lost so much creditability I dont beleive any of these stories till I find it somewhere besides the wing nut blogs. Just like that story aobut Obama taking the 401k's. Absolutely no trught to it.

Just dont say any particular race is lazy or stupid or dont contribute to society and I wont point out the racial nature of such statements.

so I guess the huffington post is where you get your political truths/compass from?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter

Do you actually listen to any of Obamas speeches Mak ? I dont think theres many racists on this forum , But IMO we damn sure are being governed by the biggest one I,ve seen in decades & those that voted for him only back up what I,m saying . But of coarse I have no proof much like yourself , I just pay attention to WTF,s going on these days that effects Me & mine :wink:

mak2

Do you actually listen to any of Obamas speeches Mak ? I dont think theres many racists on this forum , But IMO we damn sure are being governed by the biggest one I,ve seen in decades & those that voted for him only back up what I,m saying . But of coarse I have no proof much like yourself , I just pay attention to WTF,s going on these days that effects Me & mine :wink:

Not many really, but I usually read them later. I dont think I have called anyone racist on here, but I do point out the blatently racist statements. Saying there is a suprising large number of blacks who dont contribute to society or are criminals, or expect something for free are racists statement. But anywhere else that goes without saying.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Not many really, but I usually read them later. I dont think I have called anyone racist on here, but I do point out the blatently racist statements. Saying there is a suprising large number of blacks who dont contribute to society or are criminals, or expect something for free are racists statement. But anywhere else that goes without saying.

Next time you get a chance watch him make the speeches Mak , it might just surprise you . I would be more then happy to post refferences where you perty much claimed folks here or their statements were racist but I honestlly dont have time .

I,m retired payed my own way my whole life & been working my ass off all day trying to make sure I can help those in need when YOUR government decides its time for me to do even more :wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I am not a democrat. Please quit saying that.

I dunno. But to be a democrat you would have to support abortion. I dont.

First off I never called you a democrat or anything else for that matter Mak . I do refer to it being Your government because of the way you continue to defend ( IMO ) the things most of us are fed up with because it immediately effects us or soon will . As well as the fact that you work for the VA , which I believe is working for a certain branch of a government organization If I,m wrong on either count feel free to correct me . I,m also not saying thats a bad thing or putting you down for it in anyway . Its a job & I respect you for what you do :wink:

I do however find it humerous when you reply to threads here while you are at work & claim you cant see or look at certain sites but you want to debate the issue without even knowing WTF its about & usually just going off of the title . BTW , I beleive you are using a government computer when you are at work & as usuall they are trying to protect you from all things evil , thats why they block you from seeing anything that THEY think is bad for you , Yes I,m being sarcastic as well as honest . :biggrin:

Further more I know several people that are registered democrats & are also against abortion so I dont quite know how you think just being against abortion makes anyone less of a democrat . But once again thats just my opinion .

I,m sure you will pick a few choice words from my post that will be taken as a personal attack against you , your job , family , religion , race , pets , choice of automobiles or what food you like . But thats not my intention , you just seem to be so defensive you dont seem to even try to see what some here are actually saying , but instead choose to call people racist for just mentioning the words black or people of color when in fact race or color has nothing to do with it . Just my thoughts , sorry for rambling on I do that a lot :w00t2:

mak2

The VA blocks all Utube and similar sites, even though the schools I teach for use them, alot, I cant use them. Most all of the pic sites I cannot use at work, and that is ok I have not figured out how to use them at home either. The reason I said I cant be democrat is I will in no way, shape or form support abortion. I am a one issue Obama supporter, and I think the right is so far gone.....

I am not saying this becasue I wanna change this site, it is just the culture at the board I spend most of my time. The site I mod has hundreds of posters in the sub forums, we can let them bicker and fight about ideas all day. Actually you learn something usually. But when it goes from that is a stupied idea to you are a stupid poster, it hits the fan. On threads I have not yet even ventured an opinion I can be blasted, then told it is because I posted a contriversial article. Damn, thought that was what discussion boards were for. Yesterday one of the usual morons (I dont even remember which one) told me I am so confused the only way I can keep my job is if I am tenured or eveybody else is stupid or something. THen somehow, it was me making the personal attacks. I really dont care. BUt from now on I will treat others as they treat me.