• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How NOT to market real estate...

AndyM

Charter Member
I was just looking at houses on realtor.com...
The Chevy Vega parked in the front yard says a lot. :whistling:

Attachments

• l178c0442-m1m.jpg
    l178c0442-m1m.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 128

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe they think the Vega is a collectable car?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Success in real estate is looking beyond the obvious at the not so obvious.....:unsure:

If buying use the Vega lawn ornament to buy at a discount price and if selling throw it in at no extra cost...............:yum:

AndyM

Charter Member
I'm amazed at some of the things I've seen in photos in online real estate listings...

When we listed our home, I made sure the sun was shining, the grass was cut, and the cars were in the garage. Nothing is shown out of place for potential buyers to see.

Besides the Vega in the front yard, I've seen photos of dirty dishes all over the kitchen counter, piles of dirty laundry, houses with the overhead door open on the attached garage, people sleeping in living room recliners, even rooms with girly pictures on the walls. The lighting in the photos for some listings are so poor, they would be better off not posting pictures at all.

I can understand some people not thinking about making your home look ready to sell (a little light staging?), but I would think a realtor would make some suggestions for how to market photos of the house on the internet.

Last edited: