• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol Imp 1402 S/N location

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/10_T...ehicles/270306_Thiokol_IMP_1402_Snow_Cat.html

I am trying to figure out where the S/N is located on this Snow Cat, also could somebody let me know if this is a all right deal it seems to be all original but well maintained has original 30HP Wins engine.

Thanks in advance

Dwight

I've done a partial restore on one of these that I'm still wrapping loose ends on. I will say that its a good setup, price is fair, but I havent seen it in person.

You can check out my photo album, you will see the picture of the VIN tag location between the seats area (next to passenger)

hunter1951

Thank you very much for your reply, I have been getting that the asking price was a little high, what do you think of the old air cooled wins engine, I have heard underpowered but good engines.

Dwight

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you very much for your reply, I have been getting that the asking price was a little high, what do you think of the old air cooled wins engine, I have heard underpowered but good engines.

Dwight

Dwight,

Lets put it this way - things COST the money someone is willing to PAY...

So, if you think its worth it to you at that price, who's to say its too much or to little? Everyone's bank account is different, so everyone gets to be bi-polar when it comes to that.

I paid $3k for mine when I got it, and it was in need of a LOT of attention, so was that piece of "metal" worth the $3k? From my point of view - yes, while most of my good friends laughed about it.

If I was to have someone ask me to sell my cat at this time, I wouldnt let it go for cheaper than $20k probably AS IS, now would you say thats too expensive???

When it comes to the engine... yeah, its on the weak side a bit, but past Saturday that save Wisconsin took 7 of us up to a 6000ft Lookout Tower in Cascades, along with another 1500lbs of all sort of gear in 3-6ft of snow.

Just consider what size cat is really will be needed for your use/plans, since at this point, I've come to the point where I am probably going to sell due to the need of a larger one... 1402 is perfect for what it is as it is... like mine is good for 4 probably... otherwise its pushing it when come to the spacing...

hunter1951

You are completely right on your pricing it is only worth what somebody is willing to pay as there is no set value. thank you very much for your input and hope to see you on the trails
Best

Dwight