• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hello to all and seeking info on LMC 1500

R

Reddog

Hello,
New to this fourm, but no so new to snowcats. I just came into possession of a very nice LMC 1500. 258 Chrysler, auto, 2 seater with heated passenger cab on back. 995 hours. Like I said, nice rig, runs like a clock and no rust.
Just going thru a few details and i need to replace a few missing axle grease caps, but can't find a source for the rascals. They look like they measure something like 2.32" on the O.D. of the portion that drives into the axle hub.
One has been replaced with a Hadco 316, but I can't find anything like that on the Hadco site. Anybody got a source for these??
Any and all help is greatly appreciated and great forum, lots of info and tips.
Doug @ 8000'

R

Reddog

Found 'em

Wow, that was fast! Found 'em, thanks Bobcat.
Doug @ 8000'

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Keep an eye on that Bobcat guy. He sneaks around in the middle of the night! Welcome to the forums. We need to see more pics of your rig. No pics, no info.:yum::yum::yum:

R

Reddog

Pictures

Pictures...I can do pictures:
snowcat.jpg
snowcat3.jpg
snowcat2.jpg
A few more pics at:
http://ImageEvent.com/reddog/1985lmc1500snowcat

shopman

What a great cat! I saw her at Gunnison Tire the other day I'm pretty sure - was going to stop by and look at her but ran out of time... a ton of great info here - I knew nothing and am on the way to rebuilding every problem mine had with the help here.

Where do you use it mostly?

Welcome to forum... Great pictures...

R

Reddog

Yep, that's it. Still sorting out particulars, but plan to use it up Ohio Creek, Kebler, up toward Irwin and such. But we need some more snow....
D@8K'

shopman

Yes we do!

You're going to have a blast in that rig...

Mine is up in Pitkin for now just waiting for the big snow.

:winterrul

R

Reddog

Simonallen

From what I can figure out (per Nick at Peterson Equipment) it is a 1985, #006.
D@8K'

R

Reddog

Shopman

Pitkin...you probably won't have to wait long for the big snow up there, it comes every year. Stop by next time you are in town and say Hi.
D@8K'

R

Reddog

Maiden voyage

Took the cat out for the first time yesterday. Everything went great, except for lack of much snow to cruise around in. I also got the roof rack and additional side lights installed. Here are a few pictures:
photo%202.JPG

photo%204.JPG

photo%201.JPG

SIMONALLEN

Do you have a manual for your unit if not would you like one I can scan it and email it to you if you would like.

R

Reddog

Manuals

Simonallen,
I do not have any manuals and getting a scan of those would be great, thanks for the offer. I'll PM you my email address. D@8K'

shopman

Re: Maiden voyage

Great pictures! At least there's enough on the roads to get out and run around... nice rack & lights...

R

Reddog

Pic from the weekend with new ladder and diamond plate "nose" overlay:
378813_2373093122201_1096718675_31925790_121375238_n.jpg
Happy Holidays, Doug at 8000'